1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Microwave recipes for round stones?

1. MLinAZ

MLinAZ Member Gold Member

A host just got her round stone and of course the use and care card says it can be used in the microwave. So she asked me what the heck you'd make in the microwave on a round stone.

I'm new - she's my first host - so of course I'm stumped. I just spent 30 minutes trying to search out recipes but all I can find are recipes for the DCB, DDB, etc.

Any suggestions?

May 27, 2009
  2. Microwave pizza? :confused:

3. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

Cheese crisp's - YUM!!

4. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I can't even imagine a microwave large enough to hold a round stone. I have a feeling that sentence is on the U&C only because it's included for all stoneware. That said, I do use the small and medium bar pans (which are flat, like the round stone) in the microwave to reheat things - especially pizza.

May 28, 2009
  5. EpTxGuy

EpTxGuy Member

They don't sell them anymore, but I have my old medium round stone (without handles) in my microwave. It's the perfect size, it slides into the glass round turntable like it was made for it. In fact, I store it there, and cook everything with the stone still in the micro, whether it needs it or not. It's just a great place to keep it without taking up cabinet space. I don't know if the medium stone with handles would fit, I don't have one of those yet.

May 28, 2009
  6. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

I have the small round stone (discont.) and it does a great job!

Hey EpTxGuy - I'm going in the house to introduce my med. round stone W/O handles to it's new home. Thanks!!

7. Kathie's Kitchen

Kathie's Kitchen Member

I love my small round stone. I use it in the microwave and my toaster oven.

8. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

She actually read the Use and Care??? LOL!

I think, like Ann said, that wording is on all the U&C for stones, even the ones that don't typically fit in the microwave.

9. My micro holds the round stone. My micro has a browning feature, so I do my toast on the stone in the micro. Also use the round stone in there to do things like pizza rolls and hot pockets...they get crisper on the stone.

Jun 10, 2009
Have something to add?