• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Protect Your Stone: Tips for Removing Soap Residue After a Wine-Fueled Mishap

In summary, the speaker had a show and although he talked about not using soap on stones, the ladies were drinking lots of wine and it didn't register. He turned around and the host had his large round stone and was washing it with soap after he asked her not to. Not trying to be rude, he tried to get her to stop by saying "you can't use soap." She said "oh it's green apple soap and it will just taste like that." She thought it was so funny.
Rydersmom
I had a show last night and although I talked about not using soap on stones, the ladies were drinking lots of wine and it didn't register. I turned around and the host had my large round stone and was washing it with soap after I asked her not to. Not trying to be rude, I tried to get her to stop by saying "you can't use soap." She said "oh it's green apple soap and it will just taste like that." She thought it was so funny.

How can I save my stone since it has been soaked in soap?

Get some cheap crescent rolls in a can. Lay them out on your stone so they completely cover it - just roll them out. Bake them and then throw out the rolls. Your stone should be as good as new. If there is still a bit of soap taste, try it again.

I wouldn't sweat it. My hosts don't listen and try to help and wash my stones with soap all the time. Just on Saturday my host was SOAKING my Rect Baker with hot soapy water!! LOL!

Just do what Kate said and you'll be fine. Or you might not need to do it at all.

If your stone is well seasoned, it shouldn't be a problem.

I think the "no soap" rule confuses and scares people. My SIL thought for years that you couldn't use water on stones. She remembered that there was some special thing about washing them, just couldn't remember what. I think part of it was my recruiter doing a less-than-stellar job explaining it at her show (that's where I met my recruiter). For 3 years after I signed, SIL would ask me "How do I clean my stone if I can't use water?" at every family function.

The sad part is that she's not a good cook, so stoneware would really benefit her. But she's afraid to use it.

I use soap all the time....Got your attention, didn't I? LOL! :D I do use soap on my bar pan whenever I bake chicken or meatloaf on it to cut through the grease. Using soap occasionally will not hurt it. My chicken has never tasted like soap. Some of the seasoning has "flaked" off in the cleaning process but nothing major.

I wouldn't ruin the crescent roll dough by throwing it away :) Scrub the stone under hot water like you normally would clean your stone, bake the rolls.....and then EAT them!!! Hmmm....with some apple butter. Hey, if the apple soap DOES make the rolls taste like apples, your family won't notice it with the apple butter!! See, problem solved!

Seriously, I have used soap on my stones and I have NEVER tasted the soap! Don't worry about it, it will be fine.

What is "Soap on Stone!"?

"Soap on Stone!" is a specially designed soap bar that is meant to be used on our Pampered Chef pizza stones. It helps to clean and season the stone, making it last longer and perform better.

How do I use "Soap on Stone!"?

Simply wet your pizza stone and rub the "Soap on Stone!" bar on the surface. Use a damp cloth or sponge to work the soap into a lather, then rinse thoroughly. For best results, use after each time you bake on the stone.

Can I use "Soap on Stone!" on any type of pizza stone?

Yes, "Soap on Stone!" is safe to use on all types of pizza stones, including ceramic, clay, and cordierite. It is also safe for use on other stoneware products, such as our baking dishes.

How often should I use "Soap on Stone!"?

We recommend using "Soap on Stone!" after each time you bake on your pizza stone. This will help to keep it clean and well-seasoned, and ensure the best results for your baked goods.

Can I use "Soap on Stone!" on other types of cookware?

While "Soap on Stone!" is specifically designed for use on pizza stones, it can also be used on other stoneware products. However, we do not recommend using it on non-stick or metal cookware, as it may damage the surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Vicks
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
amy07
  • sburnside
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Intrepid_Chef