• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gas Oven Cleaning: Removing a Film After 3 Years

There may be a gas company perfume in her area that's causing the problem. Try contacting the gas company and see if they can do anything to help.
beepampered
I had a guest tonight who said that there is a film on her stone ever since she started using it in her gas oven about three years ago. She's tried to clean it but it doesn't seem to come off. I told her to try baking soda, but any other suggestions? Anyone have a similar issue with gas ovens? Thanks....

I only use gas and have no problems.

Perhaps there's too much buildup and it needs a good scrub?

I have a gas oven and do not have a 'film' on any of my stones. It has to be something else she is doing to cause it.

I don't have a gas oven, but have noticed something off....My stones seem to be "leaking" from the bottom, I mean the grease and such seems to be coming through my stones, I first noticed it on my Large Bar Pan and now the same thing is happening with my Cran Rec. Baker, which is gross and kinda hard to explain at shows.

Any suggestions???

Lisa

I use gas oven....she's proly still coating it with cooking spray..which she should not do.
Try baking soda with warm water and see if that'll help. If not, it may just be from all the spray and won't come off.
She may just have to live with the color..either way it shouldn't affect the baking.

Lisa, you have a crack and your stones need to be replaced. could be a hairline crack but still...
Call PC and ask for the replacement that comes with the warranty.
Also, do you wash it while it's still warm? It has to be cooled COMPLETELY before it's put into water or it cracks.

Deanna,
Nope my stones are usually cold, really cold, like when I'm at home, it's way after kids are in bed before I start dishes, or :eek: :eek: sometimes even the next morning.

Is it possible there's a bad batch of stones out there?? I use these all the time at my shows and just hate having to be without stones.

Lisa

yes I would imagine that is possible too Lisa. Could be a number of things, but I would imagine a hairline crack is your culprit. :)
Call HO and see if they'll replace.

Lisa/ChefBear said:
My stones seem to be "leaking" from the bottom, I mean the grease and such seems to be coming through my stones, I first noticed it on my Large Bar Pan and now the same thing is happening with my Cran Rec. Baker, which is gross and kinda hard to explain at shows.

Any suggestions???

Lisa
I have a large bar pan that has done the same thing! It is all over the bottom- I am certain that there is not a crack in it. I have tried over and over using baking soda paste to get rid of it. It isn't sticky on the bottom anymore, but it still looks horrible. I had my Director look at it (been with PC 13 years) and she said she has NEVER seen this! She told me to send it back, but it is really seasoned inside and I don't want to start the seasoing process all over again!! It all started when it was brand new and I wanted to season it by baking bacon in the oven. Then, after that, every time it would get hot, oil would come up to the surface on the top AND the bottom. (And yes, it was cleaned very well with hot water and a scrubbie....then once the problem started I cleaned it many times with hot water and baking soda paste.) Now it actually is darker on the BOTTOM than on the inside!!

Call HO and see what they say, let us know!

Some gas companies put a type of perfume in their gas. I don't know why, but it makes things sticky/tacky when you touch it. My last apartment had gas and everything in my kitchen got sticky. I hated it. My house has gas and no problem here. Same gas company too. It's weird!!!!

Does she think the "film" is what is actually seasoning?

1. How do I remove the film buildup from my gas oven after 3 years?

To remove the film buildup from your gas oven, you will need to start by removing the oven racks and any loose debris. Then, mix equal parts baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply the paste to the oven walls and let it sit for at least 30 minutes. Afterward, scrub the walls with a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Finally, wipe down the walls with a damp cloth to remove any residue.

2. Can I use commercial oven cleaners to remove the film from my gas oven?

We do not recommend using commercial oven cleaners to remove the film from your gas oven. These cleaners often contain harsh chemicals that can be harmful to you and your oven. Instead, opt for natural cleaning methods, such as the baking soda paste mentioned above, to safely and effectively remove the film.

3. Is it safe to use a razor blade to remove the film from my gas oven?

No, it is not safe to use a razor blade to remove the film from your gas oven. This method can scratch and damage the oven's interior, and it can also be dangerous if not used properly. Stick to using non-abrasive sponges or cloths to scrub away the film.

4. How often should I clean my gas oven to prevent film buildup?

To prevent film buildup in your gas oven, we recommend cleaning it at least once every 3-6 months. However, this may vary depending on how frequently you use your oven and the types of foods you cook. If you notice excessive buildup, it may be necessary to clean more often.

5. Can I use vinegar to remove the film from my gas oven?

Yes, you can use vinegar to remove the film from your gas oven. Simply mix equal parts vinegar and water and spray it onto the oven walls. Let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Vinegar is a natural and effective cleaner, but it may not be as potent as the baking soda paste method.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ericadboone
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • HeatherB
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
kam
  • FFBearPChef