• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rat "Pooped" in Stoneware While Nesting

In summary, a past guest reached out for suggestions on how to clean her square deep dish baker that was infested with rat urine and feces. Due to health concerns, it was advised to discard the pan and buy a new one or offer a discount for a catalog show. Using the self-cleaning function on the oven or dishwasher without soap may be an option, but it is not recommended by HO and may not fully sanitize the pan. Some responses were shocked and disgusted at the thought of using the pan again.
Oh, how totally gross man!!! Like throw it away and run as fast as you can! Just the thought makes me shudder! blucky!!

hperschnick said:
I agree with throwing it away but if she insists on keeping it I don't see what harm there is in using soap on it...the antibacterial, disinfecting kind... I mean, rat poop vs. soap... neither are great for your stone so what could it hurt? I wouldn't eat off of it but if she is thinking it would be fine if she cleaned it good enough (my SIL puts soap on hers every time - she can't help herself!)

That is just gross - I wouldn't even THINK about sharing this story if it happened to me.... just toss it and buy a new one! :yuck:

This is what i was going to say, shes actually worried about using soap ??? well i wouldn't want my food to taste soapy , bit urine is okay !!????:eek: :eek: hello throw it away woman

Now, I am going to have to watch Princess Bride tonight!:D

OK, I just read this post...how nauseating!! I mean, I feel sorry for her, if she feels so poor that she can't afford a new stone and all, but really...how could you EVER feel comfortable using that stone again??

YUCK! Of course, you could check with the test kitchen, but the health benefits here would definitely outweigh the $30, to me!!

Here's another thought...do you still have any open January shows, where the stone was already discounted by 20%? Maybe she'd at least place an order, if you do. You could even give the extra 10% off, if it would help.

Good luck with this one!!
Paula

OMG!! This poor lady has no idea what she has stirred up here!! This post is cracking me up - and grossing me out!! I needed a good laugh this afternoon!

janetupnorth said:
Marrwidge...is what bwings us twogether twotoday...

I wasn't sure which movie it was, but this helped! I haven't seen it in years and I don't think have ever seen it the whole way through. Maybe next time the stupid global warming snow storms get lost and dump on Cincinnati...

YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!!!!:yuck:

Thank you so much for the laughter today, I really needed it.

HOW COULD ANYONE EVEN THINK OF USING THE STONE AGAIN????? I have had people tell me some strange stuff, but that Rat is the WORST!!!!!

Offer The Stone Up To A Fear Factor Bad Reality Series - Ewwww - It Would Have Been In The Garbage Along With My Oven And Anything Else!!! Totally Gross!!!!!!!!!!

Yicky icky yucky gross! Not only would I throw the stone away. I would move away and get cats for pets!

:yuck: :yuck:

I sent her an email suggesting to buy a new one. I told her about the Feb host special and I told her I would be submitting a show on March 1st if she want to just order one. Guess I will wait and see what she says.

What an idiot! Here's my suggestion:

"preheat oven to 350. lightly season rat with Jamaican Jerk Rub (my favorite). Add 2 pressed garlic cloves and 1/2 cup of sauteed onions. Cook until aroma of Jamaican rat wafts through the house. (about 10 minutes per pound or 40 minutes for rats on the large size).

Let me know how your family enjoys this delicious appetizer. Check out my website next week for other delicious recipes: Grilled Southwestern Roaches and my favorite: Chipotle Ranch Moles"

She just emailed me back and said she would see what she could do and will let me know. I am assuming that means she is going to ask some people if they want to order for her to do the catalog show.

First things first. Exterminate so the filthy thing and its family doesn't come back!

Then buy a new stone.

To the person who talked about putting it in the dishwasher with no soap ... DO NOT DO THIS. You will cause stress fractures that will not be seen until your stone explodes in the oven. The poor woman has enough problems.

lockhartkitchen said:
What an idiot! Here's my suggestion:

"preheat oven to 350. lightly season rat with Jamaican Jerk Rub (my favorite). Add 2 pressed garlic cloves and 1/2 cup of sauteed onions. Cook until aroma of Jamaican rat wafts through the house. (about 10 minutes per pound or 40 minutes for rats on the large size).

Let me know how your family enjoys this delicious appetizer. Check out my website next week for other delicious recipes: Grilled Southwestern Roaches and my favorite: Chipotle Ranch Moles"

Hmmm, I don't recall seeing this in any current cookbooks. Must be from a discontinued book.:D

YUCK!

(I'm sure somewhere, this would be considered a "delicacy".)

Last edited:
:yuck: I'm ready for this thread to die ya'll :yuck:

Do want it all dead or mostly dead..There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.

Go through his clothes and look for loose change? ;)

Now I have the scene from Ratatouille in my head...

"... and ratatouille does not sound delicious. Sounds like rat-patootie and that is not delicious."

And where is KG during all this? I can't believe she would even want to try and save it!! :eek:

<h2>1. How do I clean a stoneware pan that a rat nested in?</h2><p>The best way to clean a stoneware pan that has been used as a rat's nesting area is to make a paste of baking soda and water and scrub the affected area. You can also soak the pan in a mixture of vinegar and water for a few hours before scrubbing. However, for health reasons, it is recommended to replace the pan if the cleaning process is not successful.</p><h2>2. Can I use soap to clean a stoneware pan that a rat nested in?</h2><p>No, it is not recommended to use soap on stoneware as it can damage the seasoning and affect the performance of the pan.</p><h2>3. How do I get rid of the smell from a stoneware pan that a rat nested in?</h2><p>The baking soda paste and vinegar soak mentioned above should help eliminate the smell. You can also try leaving the pan in direct sunlight for a few hours, as the UV rays can help neutralize odors.</p><h2>4. Is it safe to continue using the stoneware pan after it has been cleaned?</h2><p>If the cleaning process is successful and the pan shows no signs of damage, it should be safe to continue using it. However, if you have any concerns, it is best to err on the side of caution and replace the pan.</p><h2>5. What should I do if the cleaning process is not successful?</h2><p>If the smell or any traces of the rat's nesting remain after cleaning, it is recommended to replace the pan for health reasons.</p>

1. How do I clean a stoneware pan that a rat nested in?

The best way to clean a stoneware pan that has been used as a rat's nesting area is to make a paste of baking soda and water and scrub the affected area. You can also soak the pan in a mixture of vinegar and water for a few hours before scrubbing. However, for health reasons, it is recommended to replace the pan if the cleaning process is not successful.

2. Can I use soap to clean a stoneware pan that a rat nested in?

No, it is not recommended to use soap on stoneware as it can damage the seasoning and affect the performance of the pan.

3. How do I get rid of the smell from a stoneware pan that a rat nested in?

The baking soda paste and vinegar soak mentioned above should help eliminate the smell. You can also try leaving the pan in direct sunlight for a few hours, as the UV rays can help neutralize odors.

4. Is it safe to continue using the stoneware pan after it has been cleaned?

If the cleaning process is successful and the pan shows no signs of damage, it should be safe to continue using it. However, if you have any concerns, it is best to err on the side of caution and replace the pan.

5. What should I do if the cleaning process is not successful?

If the smell or any traces of the rat's nesting remain after cleaning, it is recommended to replace the pan for health reasons.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrshamel3808
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • FFBearPChef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Zsu
  • BethanyN