• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Safe Use of Stoneware in RV Ovens: Tips and Advice

In summary, stoneware is a durable and versatile material that is perfect for use in RV ovens. It can withstand high temperatures, distribute heat evenly, prevent hot spots, and is non-stick and easy to clean. It can be used in both conventional and convection RV ovens, but it's important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper care. To prevent sticking, it's recommended to season the stoneware before use and avoid using non-stick cooking spray. Stoneware can also be used to reheat food, but the cooking time may need to be adjusted.
AmaraJ
I have a guest who wanted to make sure that it was safe to use her stoneware in her RV oven. I believe it is called an Electrolite oven. It is not convection, but it can be switched from microwave to a regular cooking oven. It heats both from the top and the bottom with heating elements.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what kind of oven my customers have in their RV's, but I have several customers who stocked up on stoneware specifically to use on their RV's.

Yes, stones are safe in RV ovens. I know that the Large bar pan does not fit but the med one does.

My RV is four years old, and I have used it numerous times with the medium stones.
You kind of have to experiment and be willing to keep a careful watch on the recommended temps and cooking times. It's not as air tight and powerful as my home
oven. I use my Rice Cooker to bake cakes in our microwave, and that turns out perfect.
So, if you cannot sell the person stoneware, suggest the Rice Cooker for the chocolate lava cake. I've also used my silicone floral piece in the oven with good results. Just don't overbake.

I use the med bar pan in my 5th wheel all the time.

Thanks everyone! My guest has the deep covered baker and was just hesitant to use it in her RV - she's excited to try it now!

1. What are the benefits of using stoneware in an RV oven?

Stoneware is a durable and versatile material that can withstand high temperatures and distribute heat evenly, making it perfect for use in RV ovens. It also helps to prevent hot spots and ensures that food is cooked thoroughly. Additionally, stoneware is non-stick and easy to clean, making it a convenient option for RV cooking.

2. Can I use stoneware in a convection RV oven?

Yes, stoneware can be used in both conventional and convection RV ovens. Just be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper use and care of the stoneware.

3. How do I properly care for stoneware in my RV oven?

To keep your stoneware in good condition, it's important to avoid sudden temperature changes and never place it under a broiler or on a stovetop. After use, allow the stoneware to cool before washing it with warm, soapy water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or metal utensils on the stoneware as they can damage the surface.

4. Can I use stoneware to reheat food in my RV oven?

Yes, stoneware can be used to reheat food in an RV oven. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly as stoneware retains heat and may heat up faster than other materials.

5. How do I prevent sticking when using stoneware in my RV oven?

To prevent sticking, it's important to season your stoneware before use by lightly coating it with a thin layer of vegetable oil and baking it for 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, avoid using non-stick cooking spray on stoneware as it can create a buildup over time. Instead, use a light coating of oil or butter before placing food on the stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies