• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Customer has a Smoking Stone

prepchef

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2005
A customer asked me if I knew a way to keep her stone from smoking. She used to be a consultant about 7 years ago. She said her stone smokes every time she uses it. (which is less and less). She said she has cleaned it, left it in the oven to cook, and it still smokes.

Any suggestions?

jenniferlynne

Veteran Member
Jun 29, 2005
Tell her not to buy it cigarettes anymore and then it won't be able to smoke!!

Sorry! I couldn't resist that one. I have never heard of a smoking stone before. Wish I could help.

KellyTheChef

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2006
The only thing I can think of is that there may be a build up of excess grease on her stone, and the grease is smoking when it gets hot. Make sure she is using STRAIGHT HOT water and getting all of the food grease off of it each time. She may have to do a baking soda paste to get most of it off to begin with, though.

If that isn't the problem, I would call HO and ask them. Hope you can figure it out!

sweet

May 12, 2005
I too had a custumer came up to me and tell me that she had a smoke stone. I called HO and they replace it.