• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer's Stone Seasoning Came Off - What to Do?

In summary, the seasoning on a stone may come off due to high temperatures, using metal utensils, or using harsh cleaning products. Even if the seasoning has come off, the stone can still be used but may not have the same non-stick properties as before. To prevent the seasoning from coming off in the future, avoid using metal utensils and only clean with mild soap and water, and re-season the stone before each use. If the seasoning does come off, the stone can be re-seasoned by cleaning it with mild soap and water, applying a thin layer of oil, and baking it in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. If the stone is significantly damaged, it may be worth considering exchanging it for
chefmelody
I had a customer just tell me that her stone's seasoning "came off" when she cooked fresh fish on it. I was confused, because there's really nothing that could come off, right? She said the spots where she cooked the fish turned back to the natural stone color, and were no longer the nice dark brown. She's had her stone for about a year and a half.

Any idea what I should tell her?

This is a dumb question, but could it have been the skin of the fish that came off?? I realize she is probably a good cook and would know the difference but just a thought.

I'm pretty sure that's not it... she said it didn't smell like fish either, and fish skin would smell.

Are you sure it was seasoned in the first place and not dirty? I read alot on here about ppl. who think they have a seasoned stone but in reality its just dirt/grime buildup

pamperedpnina said:
Are you sure it was seasoned in the first place and not dirty? I read alot on here about ppl. who think they have a seasoned stone but in reality its just dirt/grime buildup

I told her to deep-clean it with baking soda to make sure of that.

My large bar pan I had for a few years before becoming a consultant. I didn't use it terribly often, but it was a little seasoned. I noticed that once I started using it a lot for bacon and pizza, the darkness was gradually getting lighter and lighter (not as light as brand new though), but the edges were getting darker and darker.

1. What causes the seasoning to come off?

The seasoning on your stone may come off due to high temperatures, using metal utensils, or using harsh cleaning products.

2. Can I still use my stone even if the seasoning has come off?

Yes, you can still use your stone without the seasoning. However, the stone may be more prone to sticking and may not have the same non-stick properties as before.

3. How can I prevent the seasoning from coming off in the future?

To prevent the seasoning from coming off, avoid using metal utensils on the stone and only clean it with mild soap and water. Also, be sure to properly season the stone before each use.

4. Can I re-season my stone if the seasoning has come off?

Yes, you can re-season your stone. To do so, first clean the stone with mild soap and water. Then, apply a thin layer of oil (such as vegetable or canola oil) to the stone and bake it in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Let it cool before using it again.

5. Should I return my stone if the seasoning has come off?

If the stone is still in good condition and you are able to re-season it, there is no need to return it. However, if the stone is significantly damaged or cracked, you may want to consider exchanging it for a new one.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Boomerjojo
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • AJPratt