• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilling Pizza Stones - Has Anyone Tried It?

In summary, the customer was told that they can put their stones on the grill, but they should not do it because it is not safe. The product information guide that came with the stone should say that.
DeeDee616
Just had a customer ask me if she could put her stones on the grill? I thought i saw a thread somewhere here about it but can't find it. Whats everyone take on putting the stones on the grill and has anyone actually done it? I don't want to tell her the wrong thing.

They should not go on a direct flame. A direct flame will cause the stone to heat to temperatures higher than recommended also.

Product Information Guide States:Do not use stoneware under broiler or direct heat source (a.k.a grill or burner).Her product information guide that came with the stone should say that and you can read it on consultant's corner.

DUH i never even though to look at that! (and i'm sure she didn't either!)Thanks!

No problem...Oh, and I added the "a.k.a." portion.

I was told at cluster that you can use it on the grill .... kind of!Only turn on one burner (ie: left OR right). put the stone on the other side of the grill (the side without heat) and close the lid.
I have not tried it, but it should work, as there would be no direct heat.

peichef said:
I was told at cluster that you can use it on the grill .... kind of!

Only turn on one burner (ie: left OR right). put the stone on the other side of the grill (the side without heat) and close the lid.

Might work, but I wouldn't want to risk my stone or warranty over it. Problems are:

1. My stone would cover more than 1/2 my grill.
2. The stone cannot touch the side of the oven or grill in this case...hard to do without that happening.

That scenario taught to you would not be PC condoned and would be at your own risk. As with putting stones in the dishwasher without soap or in a self-cleaning oven cycle, I would put that in that classification and NOT tell my customers that.

Not worth the risk...just one example of how we can get information at cluster meetings, from our upline, or on here that might not be factual or good. As with anything, we have to determine the credibility and the risks.

I could never understand why someone would want to put a stone on a grill???

If doing pizza you gust need to grease up your dough.

to each his/her own...

peichef said:
I was told at cluster that you can use it on the grill .... kind of!

Only turn on one burner (ie: left OR right). put the stone on the other side of the grill (the side without heat) and close the lid.

and not all grills have left/right burners. My grill has three burners and they are front to back. So there is no way it would even work.

DebbieJ said:
and not all grills have left/right burners. My grill has three burners and they are front to back. So there is no way it would even work.

I hear ya!
I have never / would never recommend it to a customer, for a number of reasons, but I thought it was an interesting concept.
I'm quite certain that the AD who pitched this idea learned this at a HO sponsored training event. I will check with her & let you know.
If you did have a dual side grill, and a stone small enough (med bar pan, maybe?) there should be no reason it for it not to work.
Me? I love my stones waaaaaay too much to do anything unconventional with them.

I admit it..... we do it. :blushing: We put the stone on the grill to cook our pizza. It's so much easier to "decorate" our pizza while it's on the stone and then carry it to the grill and cook it instead of partially cooking the dough and then adding our stuff on to it. In 8.5 minutes (exactly) we have a wonderfully crispy pizza. :eek:

Related to Grilling Pizza Stones - Has Anyone Tried It?

1. Can I use the grilling pizza stone on any type of grill?

Yes, the grilling pizza stone can be used on gas, charcoal, and electric grills.

2. How do I clean the grilling pizza stone?

To clean the grilling pizza stone, simply brush off any excess food bits and wipe it down with a damp cloth. Do not use soap or harsh chemicals as it can affect the taste of your pizza.

3. What is the best way to preheat the grilling pizza stone?

It is recommended to preheat the grilling pizza stone on the grill for about 10-15 minutes before placing your pizza on it. This will ensure that the stone is evenly heated and will result in a crispy crust.

4. Can I use the grilling pizza stone in the oven?

Yes, the grilling pizza stone can also be used in the oven. Preheat the stone in the oven for about 30 minutes before placing your pizza on it.

5. How do I prevent my pizza from sticking to the grilling pizza stone?

To prevent sticking, it is important to preheat the grilling pizza stone and lightly coat it with oil before placing the pizza on it. You can also use cornmeal or flour on the stone to help create a non-stick surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cynthia Shugart
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Cynthia Shugart
  • ChefDi
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • its_me_susan