• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have a Customer That Is Complaining That She Has Two Stones That

In summary, the conversation is about a customer who is experiencing a strong odor from her stoneware when cooking, and she is wondering if anyone else has had this issue before. Other participants in the conversation have not experienced this problem with their stoneware and suggest using baking soda to remove the odor.
fifiplc
Gold Member
I have a customer that is complaining that she has two stones that have an odor. She said the food does not pick up the odor, but she takes it off the stone immediately since she realized it. Says she was in her kitchen trying to figure out where the odor was coming from. Apparently it took her a while to figure it out. Has anyone ever heard of that before? I have stones I have been using for years and they have no odor.

Re: StonewareI have never heard of that - they aren't suppose to absorb odors. I've cooked everything from fish to chicken to cookies and everything in between and have never had a problem.

Re: StonewareI have a medium bar pan that I have used twice and both times it STUNK. I just haven't sent it back yet. It got black smoke like spots on it too. My brownies in it tasted so bad I had to throw them out and my tater tots came out ok but the kitchen stunk. I keep it in the oven with others and every time I open the oven door i can smell it. I think they may get bad pieces from time to time.

Re: StonewareWell, I guess I should call and see what they say. I just have never heard of it and I have also cooked everything you can think of on mine. I have stones that are 6 to 8 years old or more. One of hers is still under warranty, so I can send it in, but I have heard some use a baking soda paste on their stones. It was to get grease off, not for odor, but it might work for both.

Re: StonewareIf she doesn't wash it right away it will stink too. My Dh did this once while I was OOT. a couple of Baking soda scrubs and smell gone.

1. What should I do if a customer is complaining about receiving two stones instead of one?

First, apologize to the customer for the inconvenience. Then, explain that our products are shipped in sets of two, and it is common for customers to receive two stones. If the customer still wants to return one, assist them in the return process or offer to send them a return label.

2. Why do customers receive two stones instead of one?

Our stones are designed to be used as a pair for optimal results. Using two stones allows for even heat distribution and better cooking results. We include two stones in each shipment to ensure our customers have the best cooking experience.

3. Can customers purchase just one stone instead of a set of two?

Unfortunately, we only sell our stones in sets of two. This is to ensure the best cooking results and to make sure our customers have a spare stone in case one gets damaged or lost.

4. Is there a warranty for the stones?

Yes, our stones come with a limited lifetime warranty. If the stones become damaged or broken due to normal use, we will replace them free of charge. However, the warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or improper care.

5. How should customers care for their stones?

To ensure the longevity of the stones, we recommend hand washing them with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using metal utensils on the stones as they can scratch the surface. Also, make sure to allow the stones to cool down completely before cleaning or submerging them in water.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Vicks
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
amy07
  • Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • kdangel518