• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Rectangular Lid/Bowl...

In summary, the rect baker will work essentially the same as the deep covered baker, but it is heavier and costs more. The new one looks much better and is lighter for those reasons.
dwyerkim
Will this, combined with my rectangular baker, give me basically the same effect as the deep covered baker? Anyone know if it will fit in most microwaves? It is in the outlet and would be significantly less for me than buying the DCB, since I already have the rectangular baker. Thanks for any info.

The rect baker is a fair amount larger than the deep covered baker. It would fit in my microwave, but I would thing it would not work well in most. Also, since the lid/bowl is in the outlet only I would not use it at shows. The deep covered baker looks much better too.

It will work essentially the same, but it's A LOT heavier! Like, twice as heavy. Not a good choice if you have problems lifting things.

There was a while back also a lid/bowl that fit on the round deep dish baker that would prob fit.

OMg- I can't believe that thing does fit in the microwave- there's like half an inch give on each side, but it does fit- the rect baker and lid. But it is heavier. Too bad they don't sell that set anymore. I agree the new one looks much better though.

Thanks for the info. I do agree, the new one is much more attractive and lighter is always better. BUT... $20-something bucks for the lid versus buying the DCB--I can deal with less attractive and heavier. Most of the shows I've done have been either desserts or apps and I wouldn't use the DCB anyway, so at least I could try out those recipes at home with the rect. baker and lid and be able to give an honest report to people considering the DCB. I'll have to think on this and see how $$$ goes this month! :)

1. What is the Stoneware Rectangular Lid/Bowl used for?

The Stoneware Rectangular Lid/Bowl is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used as both a lid and a baking dish. It can be used to cover and cook food in the oven, microwave, or on the stovetop, and can also be used as a serving dish for hot or cold dishes.

2. Is the Stoneware Rectangular Lid/Bowl safe to use in the oven?

Yes, the Stoneware Rectangular Lid/Bowl is safe to use in the oven. It is made from high-quality stoneware that can withstand high temperatures and is designed to be oven-safe up to 450°F.

3. Can the Stoneware Rectangular Lid/Bowl be used on the stovetop?

Yes, the Stoneware Rectangular Lid/Bowl can be used on the stovetop. It is safe to use on gas, electric, and induction stovetops. However, it is not recommended for use on open flames or under the broiler.

4. Is the Stoneware Rectangular Lid/Bowl dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Stoneware Rectangular Lid/Bowl is dishwasher safe. It is recommended to place it on the top rack of the dishwasher to avoid any potential damage from heat or other dishes.

5. How do I clean the Stoneware Rectangular Lid/Bowl?

The Stoneware Rectangular Lid/Bowl can be easily cleaned with warm, soapy water. For tougher stains, you can use a non-abrasive cleaner or soak it in a mixture of water and baking soda. Avoid using metal utensils on the stoneware to prevent scratching.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cape_PC
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Cape_PC
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
BeckyC5830
  • Intrepid_Chef