• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Pieces of Stoneware Should I Order?

In summary, the conversation revolved around choosing stoneware pieces for a catalog show and Christmas presents. The participants discussed the different stoneware pieces they currently have and use, such as the DCB, bar pans, pizza stone, and various bakers. They also shared their personal preferences and recommendations for must-have stoneware pieces for demonstrations, including the round stone with handles and deep dish bakers. After considering everyone's input and looking through PC Cookbooks, the final decision was made to purchase a Deep Dish Baker, Deep Dish Pie Plate, Large Round Stone with Handles, and Medium Bar Pan.
BeckyC5830
I'm going to submit a catalog show tomorrow and qualify for two pieces of stoneware. I'm wondering what pieces do you use the most in your shows? I'll probably order another DCB for a Christmas present. For the other piece I've been debating over the Deep Dish Pie Plate or Deep Dish Baker, but maybe there are other ones that are "gotta have it" for demonstrations that I don't know about. Maybe I should have a pizza stone with handles... jdk

This is what I have already:
White & Cranberry DCB
small bar pan
large bar pan
large pizza stone (no handles)(13 yrs old):love:
mini-baker
loaf pan
fluted pan
rectangle stone (13 yrs old):love:
rectangular baker

So you can see I have a lot, but am just not sure what the next one should be, any ideas?

round with handles...I use that alot at shows, personally use the pie plate...I think it's our prettiest piece of stoneware!!!

I think the pie plate is pretty too. My MIL made a pie in hers this summer and it was so good. I was surprised that she had a PC pie plate. Good to hear about the round stone -- I'm thinking I should have a current one to use at shows.

fluted pan, good for micro cakes you can make at shows!

round stone with handles, unless you are a big pie person, which I'm guessing you're not, otherwise you'd already have the pie plate ;)

I'm still using my 10 yr old round stone. So, I don't use my one with handles unless I need more than one round stone.

I seem to use my deep dish bakers much more than my pie stones. Honestly, I don't like the pie stones. I wish they'd bring back the regular pie stone in addition to the deep dish. Almost all of the pies I make are NOT deep dish pies, so I end up never using the PC pie plates. The only time I use them is if I'm making a quiche.

Thinking of the ones I use the most - besides the DCB and LBP, I use the medium bar pan ALL the time. It's a good size for our family of 3. I use my deep dish bakers all the time too. (I have 2 - one glazed and one not) and of course my large round stone. I use my muffin stone often, and my mini loaf stone, my mini bakers (again - 2), rectangular bakers (2 :blushing:), square baker....

The ones I rarely or never use would be the loaf stone, the fluted stone (not a fan of micro cakes, and I haven't used it for chicken since I got the DCB), and the pie stones.

I'd vote for the large pizza stone with handles. It is the one I use most for my shows
when doing our Rings and Wreaths, or fruit pizzas. I rarely make a pie in anything but
our deep pie dish. The crust is baked to perfection, and it looks so nice to serve it from.

Thank you everyone for your input. After weighing what you posted and then going through my PC Cookbooks I decided on the Deep Dish Baker, Deep Dish Pie Plate, Large Round Stone with Handles and the Medium Bar Pan. I think they will be wonderful pieces for my Shows and additions to my kitchen.

What Pieces of Stoneware Should I Order?

1. What is the difference between stoneware and other types of bakeware?

Stoneware is made from natural clay fired at high temperatures, giving it superior heat retention and even heat distribution. This makes it ideal for baking, as it helps to create perfectly cooked dishes every time.

2. What are the essential stoneware pieces for a beginner?

For beginners, we recommend starting with a basic 9x13 inch baking dish, a 9 inch pie dish, and a rectangular baking stone. These versatile pieces can be used for a variety of dishes and are perfect for everyday cooking.

3. Can I use stoneware in the microwave and freezer?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in the microwave and freezer. It can withstand high temperatures and rapid temperature changes without cracking or breaking.

4. How do I clean and care for my stoneware?

To clean your stoneware, simply use hot water and a gentle scrub brush. Avoid using soap, as it can be absorbed into the stoneware and affect the taste of your food. Allow the stoneware to cool completely before washing and never place it in the dishwasher.

For proper care, always allow your stoneware to cool before adding food or placing it in the oven. Avoid using metal utensils on the stoneware, as they can scratch the surface. With proper care, stoneware can last for many years.

5. Are there any recipes specifically designed for stoneware?

Yes, there are many recipes that have been specifically created for stoneware. These recipes take advantage of the stoneware's unique cooking properties and can help you get the most out of your pieces. You can find these recipes on our website or in any of our cookbooks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vhadley
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Cape_PC