• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Must-Have Stoneware Piece for Versatile Use?

but since that is not your choice...My next 2 most used (besides the bar pan you already have) is the Mini-Baker and Oval Baker (Large one).
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I thought there was a thread on this somewhere, but I can't find it.The only piece of stonware I own is the bar pan. I plan to get the DCB next month (when I have the opportunity to get one at 60 percent off due to a friend who doesn't want two items) and meanwhile, think I can get ONE PIECE of stoneware, preferably something I can use in the microwave in those warmer weather shows. So as much as I love the large round stone with handles, it's not one of my choices.I'm debating between the following:
• Square baker
• Deep dish baker
• Deep dish pie plate (will recipies in the deep dish baker work in this too?
• Fluted pan
• Mini loaf pan.If you could just have ONE OF THE ABOVE ... which one would you pick? I'm looking for something that's versatile and works with our recipes.

Last edited:
fluted pan

I second the fluted pan. There are a ton of great recipes on here that you can make in it.

Wow!! ummmmm...... what a choice! My opinion is the fluted pan is the funnest. You can do cakes and pull apart breads, you can do antipasta breads and there is a good beef tamale bake recipe around too! you can do quite a bit in this pan, you just need to think out of the box!!! If you don't decide on that one, then the deep dish pie plate is great! It's beautiful too, and you'll sell a lot of those if you demo them because it is a great peice! Yes alot of the recipes you do in the dd bake will work in the dd pie plate. You may have to reduce the ingredients a little. The next one that I would pick is the square baker! I really like this one! I don't use the dd baker much anymore because of the deep covered baker. and the mini loaf pan is great but I think you'll have much more diversity with the first 3..... I hope this helps! ;)

Tough choice. Love the fluted pan because of the microwave cake that I do all the time and it's get wow responses and people will buy one when they see it. You can also do a great chicken with it because the middle part is closed and not open like normal fluted pans. However, I love my loaf pan because I do all of my meat loafs in it and zucchini bread and banana bread, etc. And then, the deep dish baker. It's a great casserole dish and goes in the microwave beautifully as well. I'm no help at all, am I?????

For me, I'd say the pie one..I am not a baker and have never made a real "pie" in it, but I do make boxed au gratin pototoes, and also I make pot pies in it.
Actually, the only stone I don't have is the fluted one and I threw together a little catalog show for myself this month and got the fluted once since there was the new recipe in the spring SB for the choc cake w/ strawberries. I hope I use it! I'm going to have a hard time storing it I think!

WOW, I could not live without my round stone...and I LOVE the one with handles...but since that is not your choice...My next 2 most used (besides the bar pan you already have) is the Mini-Baker and Oval Baker (Large one).
The mini-baker can be used in the microwave to make dips! But, those aren't on your list.

OK, back to your list....I would have to say I like the Deep Dish Baker. I like the fluted pan, but probably use the deep dish baker for more things.

I hardly ever use the square baker. And I do not own the pie plate (eventually, I will). The min-loaf pan is nice if you make a lot of mini-loaves for gifts/bake sales.

BTW, I think a hunter green Deep Dish Baker is still on the outlet (around $16 I think??) (Atleast it was still there a week or so ago).

Good luck deciding!

I like the fluted pan because of the microwave cakes - I also do baked potatos in it in the micro and they are awesome - rub with oil - salt on outside and put them in. they are fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside.

I don't have any of the others and don't do many dips... might be a good investment though.

I agree with ChefSteph07, the new chocolate strawberry cake recipe will be a good one to show off this spring. It came out beautifully in the fluted pan.

kam said:
WOW, I could not live without my round stone...and I LOVE the one with handles...but since that is not your choice...My next 2 most used (besides the bar pan you already have) is the Mini-Baker and Oval Baker (Large one).
The mini-baker can be used in the microwave to make dips! But, those aren't on your list.

OK, back to your list....I would have to say I like the Deep Dish Baker. I like the fluted pan, but probably use the deep dish baker for more things.

I hardly ever use the square baker. And I do not own the pie plate (eventually, I will). The min-loaf pan is nice if you make a lot of mini-loaves for gifts/bake sales.

BTW, I think a hunter green Deep Dish Baker is still on the outlet (around $16 I think??) (Atleast it was still there a week or so ago).

Good luck deciding!

I don't use the square one that often either, but it gets a lot of use during the fall because I make apple crisp in it and take to my shows.
I use the large oval A LOT, for casseroles and things that don't need to be covered when they are baking
I have the mini loaf but have NEVER used it.

wadesgirl said:
I agree with ChefSteph07, the new chocolate strawberry cake recipe will be a good one to show off this spring. It came out beautifully in the fluted pan.

Looking forward to making that one..that is what made up my mind to get it finally!

Di_Can_Cook said:
I thought there was a thread on this somewhere, but I can't find it.

My friend and I are co-sponsoring a party. (She's getting most of the FPV ... I'm getting the discount and applying it to a piece of stoneware, and we're splitting next months' booking benefit.)

The only piece of stonware I own is the bar pan. I plan to get the DCB with the booking benefit and meanwhile, think I can get ONE PIECE of stoneware, preferably something I can use in the microwave in those warmer weather shows. So as much as I love the large round stone with handles, it's not one of my choices.

I'm debating between the following:
• Square baker
• Deep dish baker
• Deep dish pie plate (will recipies in the deep dish baker work in this too?
• Fluted pan
• Mini loaf pan.

If you could just have ONE OF THE ABOVE ... which one would you pick? I'm looking for something that's versatile and works with our recipes.

I just saw this and wanted to let you know as consultans we cannot co-host a show and we cannot get the booking benefit.

But I wiould totally get the fluted stone with the new recipe in the SB cookbook

I love the Deep Dish Baker & Mini Baker. They are my most used after my flat stone. I also adore the Mini Loaf pan. I make a lot of gift breads over the holidays, but really whenever I'd like to bring a little something to someone. I've also seen a tip to do lasagnas in it. For a smaller or picky family that's great! I sometimes make two b/c I prefer veggie lasagna. Good luck picking just one. I have ALL of the stones but realize that they are versatile so it's all in what you like to make.

fluted pan - i dont even have one and have seen SOOO many recipes that can made in it.

(I have edited my original post. I hope we can stay on topic now. PLEASE let's not start a debate here!) The mini baker has been discontinued, hasn't it?Some day I'd like the large round stone but I think I have to think spring, and it won't fit in the microwave. The oval bakers are nice but I didn't see much difference between them and the deep dish.The Fluted Pan looks fun and different from anything else I have.Would it do me any good to get stuff from the outlet if we don't have it in that color? Besides, I am not too kicked in the head with the color green, which clashes with my kitchen. Mom would have loved it, though ...

Last edited:
The mini baker has been discontinued, hasn't it?
The French Vanilla mini baker will be gone after Feb. 29. But the cranberry one will still be in the catalog.

I didnt wanto start a debate sorry about that I guess I read it wrong

Di_Can_Cook said:
(The show is in my friend's name, and she is graciously allowing me to use half of the booking benefit, since I am letting her have most of the FPV from "her show." (Even though it was my idea!) PLEASE let's not start a debate here!

The mini baker has been discontinued, hasn't it? I think it is the small oval baker that will be gone - and I think it is just the white that is being discontinued in the min-baker

Some day I'd like the large round stone but I think I have to think spring, and it won't fit in the microwave. Good point - but I definitely use the one with handles rather than the normal one.

The oval bakers are nice but I didn't see much difference between them and the deep dish.I use the Deep Dish for another recipe when my Large Oval is already occupied.

The Fluted Pan looks fun and different from anything else I have.There is a file on here that contains tons of recipes for the fluted pan

Would it do me any good to get stuff from the outlet if we don't have it in that color? Besides, I am not too kicked in the head with the color green, which clashes with my kitchen. Mom would have loved it, though ...I am not sure if it matters if you are not "showing" a current color to your guests - the use would be the same...I just mentioned it in case you decide on the fluted pan as your choice - but if you still wanted to pick up another piece of stoneware at a good price I wanted to let you know it was on the outlet.

My comments are in Red. For your shows - you will most likely use the fluted pan a lot. I have not had luck with the microwave cake in it yet - but I think it is the turntable in my microwave and I have yet to test it again.

Decisions...decisions...:)

The cranberry mini-baker is not being discontinued. I love my mini-baker for dips.
I ordered the mini loaf pan with my kit enhancement and haven't touched it. I need to get on that one. I saw so many great ideas about it and decided to get it. Jennie was just clearly stating some of the rules in case you were not aware of them. If you know the rules and are choosing to change them, how about you not post that part. There are a number of consultants that are here to help make sure everyone is understanding and following the rules. There are peopel that come here for guidance and want the help. It is not anyone's intention to turn it into a debate, it only turns into one when people purposefully ignore the rules.

chefsteph07 said:
Looking forward to making that one..that is what made up my mind to get it finally!

It's really yummy!

climbercanoe3 said:
The cranberry mini-baker is not being discontinued. I love my mini-baker for dips.
I ordered the mini loaf pan with my kit enhancement and haven't touched it. I need to get on that one. I saw so many great ideas about it and decided to get it.

Jennie was just clearly stating some of the rules in case you were not aware of them. If you know the rules and are choosing to change them, how about you not post that part. There are a number of consultants that are here to help make sure everyone is understanding and following the rules. There are peopel that come here for guidance and want the help. It is not anyone's intention to turn it into a debate, it only turns into one when people purposefully ignore the rules.

Good idea Keri-Lyn!

I edited my original post. However, I cannot edit the ones that other people have posted. If you would be so kind as to edit yours, that would be great. Otherwise ... PLEASE can we just have this say on topic?I just want to know ... if you can have one piece of stoneware other than the bar pan and the DCB, which one would it be? Which one is more versatile in recipes, especially for shows?

Read the fine print on the recipe for the choclate velvet cake ... it says it is best in a 1000 watt microwave with a turntableWhile I have one ... I don't know if my hostess will have the same. What if in turns out great at home and not so much at my show?

I think for the things you listed, I'd get the Deep Dish Baker (which I have).
I've made corn bread, cobbler and brownies in it. I think it's a pretty versatile pan.

outlet stoneware
Di_Can_Cook said:
Would it do me any good to get stuff from the outlet if we don't have it in that color? Besides, I am not too kicked in the head with the color green, which clashes with my kitchen. Mom would have loved it, though ...

I got the Deep Dish Baker from the outlet so I could show it (and explain it comes in a different color now), because I wanted a DDB and because it was cheaper. Doesn't matter much to me what color it is ;)

My vote would be for the fluted pan.

If you are getting the Deep Covered Baker soon, I think most recipes that can go in the deep dish can go in the DCB.

I use my square baker tons at home, but not too much for demos at shows...

I have the mini loaf pan and have only used it a few times...

Ditto for the deep dish pie plate...

So, yeah, I would say go for the fluted pan. There are TONS of recipes for in the microwave and in the oven for that pan!

(I agree with you about the cakes in the microwave...I won't demo them, because I know how they cook in MY microwave, but not in someone elses. Plus, I am pretty much a cake snob and don't care for them...everyone else raves, but I don't like the texture. I would rather bake it in the oven for 35+ minutes and have it come out right!! JMHO)

I'm so glad you started this thread b/c I would have NEVER purchased the fluted pan. But it is on my next order b/c of what you have all said.

I use my sqare baker ALL THE TIME. At home and at shows.

I do the beef enchilada casserole in it, the Mom's apple crisp, brownies, etc.

I love the fluted pan and you can do so much like everyone else has stated.

I just ordered as a host item the deep covered baker and can't wait until it comes.

My vote is for the large bar pan. We use it for everything! :chef:

Fluted I will be making one of the new Chocolate Bliss Recipes. Red Velvet cake.

pamperedharriet said:
I love the fluted pan and you can do so much like everyone else has stated.

I just ordered as a host item the deep covered baker and can't wait until it comes.

Oh, Harriet, you are going to :love: LOVE :love: it!!!

Wow I have also been debating if I wante the fluted pan and now I think it is a must have!!!!! Thanks for helping me spend my commision....lol.....:blushing:

I LOVE my square baker. I could not live without it!

The mini loaf pan is perfect for your serious bakers who like homemade bread or cakes. But I sell alot of them by advising my empty nesters that they are perfect for them due to the fact they can cook their meal plus dessert in one pan. They fix meat loaf or lasagna in one well, braed in a second, vegetable casserole in the 3rd, leaving 1 empty to be filled with dessert.

The fluted pan is sold as an all season piece. Drunken chicken with veggies in the bottom, chicken juices keep veggies from drying. 12 min. cake that you don't have to iced. Jello or ice cream molds in the summer.

Jope that helps you make up you mind. Depends on what you will used the most in your biz. and at home.

Drunken chicken?

Do tell!

I edited my original post. However, I cannot edit the ones that other people have posted. If you would be so kind as to edit yours, that would be great. Otherwise ... PLEASE can we just have this say on topic?

Round stone with handles and woven selections tray to go under it, hands down.

I also use it at home for pizza crust mix pizzas, convenience foods, etc.

I have a silicone fluted angel cake pan I've used once. Think about it, that is is a speciality pan. People telling you that they like it are PC consultants. If you have cause to make lots of full-size cakes, go for it.

My family is small. The mini loaf pan is a better choice for us. I can freeze the rest or easily give it away.

Last edited:
the fluted pan

After all these votes for the Fluted pan, I just bought one a few days ago...I'd BETTER love it or I'm going to blame all of you! ;)

I still don't have the large round stone with handles, but do have a large round stone.

I have the mini fluted pan but for some reason had never looked at the large one.

It's a great piece Janet! I'm not a microwave cake fan, but love both the new chocolate velvet cake with strawberries and the mexican mocha cake (from last SB).

1. What are the best stoneware pieces for versatile use?

The top five stoneware pieces for versatile use are the square baker, deep dish baker, deep dish pie plate, fluted pan, and mini loaf pan.

2. Can I use stoneware in the microwave?

Yes, stoneware is microwave safe and can be used for cooking or reheating food.

3. Will recipes for the deep dish baker work in the deep dish pie plate?

Yes, recipes designed for the deep dish baker can also be used in the deep dish pie plate as they have similar sizes and shapes.

4. Which stoneware piece is the most versatile?

The most versatile stoneware piece is the square baker. It can be used for a variety of dishes such as casseroles, lasagnas, and even desserts like brownies or cakes.

5. Can I use stoneware in the oven?

Yes, stoneware is oven safe and can withstand high temperatures, making it perfect for baking and roasting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
BeckyC5830
  • Shawnna
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • Cape_PC