• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Used Piece of Stoneware: What Would You Do?

In summary, the person received an email from a past consultant and she is getting rid of her stone. The person asks the question about how someone might feel about taking the stone if the person doesn't want it. The person offers recipes and ideas for the stone, but says that if the person really doesn't want it, they will take it. The person hasn't heard back from the past consultant yet, but is waiting to hear back.
PoseyMom
Okay this is an interesting question. I had someone that I was emailing about something different email me back seeing the PC link in my sigline. She used to be a consultant a long time ago and has a "large stone" that she wants to "find a home for" and was wondering if I wanted it (free). I replied wondering why she is getting rid of it but that I would take it off her hands if she didn't want it anymore. Then I started wondering about this... how would you feel about a used piece of stoneware? what would you do in this situation? Two questions I guess... lol.

Personally, for hygiene and sanitary reasons, I need to really know the person in order to take any type of cookware from them. I found it so wrong when my neighbor went to another neighbors yard sale and bought cutlery. I guess I am just weird and I am not being very helpful.... sorry.
Let us know what you end up doing.

I wouldn't take it and give her a ton of recipes/ideas for her stone. I think it would be weird to use the stone not knowing what had been done to it. You might gain a new customer if you just re-ignite her flame for PC products!!

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't one of the properties of the stone is that they don't absorb?

Personally, my dishwasher is my best friend. Not in the case of stones, but things like garage sale dishes, cookware, etc. Never had any problem passing up a great used pan or dish for cheap! My best find was a flame red La Cruescent french oven for $10!!!

Back to the stone, I would offer her recipes for it, but if she really didn't want it, I would take it. I can't stand to see something so great just waste away in the back of the cupboard.

I have to say, I'm a great fan of garage sales and always love a bargain but after my husband used one of our old pots to boil the residue (I'll let you imagine) off of his deer antlers (Yuck!) there are some things I might not touch.

Thankfully he knows better than to use my PC cookware for something like that!!

I am surprised that since this person is a past consultant she wouldn't want the stone but if you could use an extra, I don't see any reason to be worried about it. The oven temperature would kill just about any type of germs or bacteria there are so it should be perfectly safe. It would be interesting to know why she doesn't want it (maybe brings back bad memories of selling PC or maybe she never understood the stoneware that well).

I haven't heard back from her yet. Still waiting, but I'll update when I find out why she doesn't want it and update everyone! :)

what would happen if you ran it through the dish washer? (i had a host whos dh did this). doesnt it just reverse the "aging" process?
I think it would be ok to get a deep cleaning in the DW. THe non-stick finish might wear off a little bit but chances are it is really "aged" anyway.

I have had some people tell me at shows that they ALWAYS put their stones in the DW and have for years. I know I just go wideeyed, because it really defeats the purpose of the stone. All the other people there can't belive it either when I get this comment.

1. What are the benefits of using a used piece of stoneware?

Using a used piece of stoneware can save you money and reduce waste. It also adds a unique flavor to your food as the stoneware becomes seasoned with use.

2. How do I properly clean a used piece of stoneware?

To clean a used piece of stoneware, simply wash it with hot water and a mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or scrubbing too hard, as this can damage the stoneware. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a towel.

3. Can I use a used piece of stoneware in the microwave?

Yes, a used piece of stoneware is safe to use in the microwave. Just make sure to follow the same guidelines for cleaning and avoid using it at high temperatures or for extended periods of time.

4. How do I know if a used piece of stoneware is still safe to use?

Inspect the stoneware for any cracks or chips, as these can affect its safety and cooking performance. Additionally, make sure to thoroughly clean and season the stoneware before using it to ensure it is free of any bacteria or contaminants.

5. Can I use a used piece of stoneware on the stovetop or grill?

No, stoneware is not designed to be used on direct heat sources such as stovetops or grills. It can crack or break under high temperatures, so it is best to stick to using it in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vhadley
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • RaniaTreadwell
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • wadesgirl