• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Pieces: Keep or Sell? Expert Suggestions for Unused Kitchenware

In summary, stoneware is a type of clay that is popular for kitchenware due to its heat resistance, non-porous surface, and versatility for cooking and serving. To properly care for stoneware, it should be seasoned before use and cleaned with warm water and a gentle scrub brush. Stoneware can be used in the microwave and oven at high temperatures. Whether to keep or sell unused stoneware pieces depends on personal preference and the condition and resale value of the pieces.
ndbigler
I have some stoneware pieces that my mom bought, and then decided she didn't like them. Do you think I should keep them? And just have extras on hand? Or shall I try to sell them? I have a large bar pan, the rectangular baker in cranberry, the square baker in cranberry, and the deep dish baker in forest green (or whatever color that was).

How long ago did she buy them? You could get her a refund or possibly an exchange for a different item or more. I would offer that to her first.

It is very hard to sell stoneware because it costs so much to ship it. Keep that in mind if you offer to ship to someone...

My .02

~G

pampered.chris said:
How long ago did she buy them? You could get her a refund or possibly an exchange for a different item or more. I would offer that to her first.

That is an excellant idea, however doesn't the return, or swap need to be within the first 60 days? She bought these last Christmas. And I did give her a partial refund. She told me to give her X amount of cash, and I just took them off her hands. Lol

I do know that shipping stoneware is incredibly expensive, because they are so heavy.

I would use them as incentives for hosts or downline!

What is stoneware and why is it a popular choice for kitchenware?

Stoneware is a type of clay that is fired at a high temperature, resulting in a dense and durable material. It is popular for kitchenware because it is heat resistant, non-porous, and can be used for both cooking and serving.

How do I properly care for my stoneware pieces?

To care for stoneware, it is important to season it before use by rubbing it with vegetable oil and baking it in the oven. After use, it can be cleaned with warm water and a gentle scrub brush. Avoid using soap or harsh chemicals, as they can damage the stoneware's non-stick surface.

Can I use stoneware in the microwave?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in the microwave. However, be sure to check the manufacturer's instructions as some stoneware may not be safe for use in the microwave.

Is it safe to use stoneware in the oven at high temperatures?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in the oven at high temperatures. In fact, it is designed to withstand high heat and can be used in temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.

Is it better to keep or sell unused stoneware pieces?

It ultimately depends on your personal preference. If you have the space to store unused stoneware and plan on using it in the future, it may be worth keeping. However, if you do not have a need for it or it is taking up valuable storage space, selling it may be a better option. Consider the condition of the stoneware and its resale value before making a decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• quiverfull7
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Crys Hall
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
BeckyC5830
Replies