• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Creative Uses for New Traditions Stoneware?

In summary, the glazed New Traditions stoneware pieces on going on sale next month are great for baking dishes and taking to events. The small oval baker is perfect for baking dips and for reheating leftovers. The small bar pan is great for baking a small portion of just about anything and is great for reheating leftovers.
Aun
Gold Member
With the glazed New Traditions stoneware pieces on going on sale next month, I thought it would be neat and useful to start a thread about the uses for each size (and also to help me figure out which ones I'm going to buy ;) ).

For example,
Small Oval Baker - baked dips
Rectangular Baker - cakes, casseroles
Pie Plate - pies, quiche

etc.

What are some other examples you can think of?

I make brownies in the square baker. They stay warm for hours. MMMM, warm brownies are always yummy.

MiniBaker makes perfect cinnamon rolls!

I make baked chicken in the retangluar baker.... yummie!!!

A can of refried beans fits perfectly in the Small Oval Baker and top it with cheese and throw it in the toaster oven...mmmm!

Any casseroles or dishes that you would take to an event (even though we won't have those darn lids anymore...) in the Rectangular Baker.

The small oval baker fits great in a toaster oven as well. I use it with my small bar pan in there all the time. Does anyone else?

The Small Oval Baker is great for making calzones, or even mini pizzas! I made a calzone effortlessly!

I never thought about that w/ the small oval. I did a big Oops. Before I became a consultant, I was sick of my little bar pan in the toaster oven b/c no one would clean it but me and then I hardly used it for that fact so I just said the heck with this and threw it out! Now I want another lol
So I'm glad the oval fits in there!!!!

I make dips almost every weekend in the small oval baker. It is just the perfect size for just me and my husband and little boy. Of course, if the dip is good we run out fast, so, then I just double it and put it in my deep dish pie plate. I bought the deep dish pie and instead of the deep dish baker b/c then i have only bought one stone but use it like two stones (does that make sense?).

small bar pan
jrstephens said:
...I bought the deep dish pie and instead of the deep dish baker b/c then i have only bought one stone but use it like two stones (does that make sense?).

It does. I have the deep dish baker, but not the pie plate, and now I want the pie plate! I should have done like you and bought the pie plate first, oh well, too late now :D . In my original post, I forgot to mention the small bar pan. When I first got it, I was like, what a waste this is too small to do anything with (boy, was I wrong!!!). I use it all the time now!

Small Bar Pan - absolutely perfect to use in the convection/microwave oven in our camper, also great baking a small portion of just about anything (ex. perfectly fits 4 of those frozen biscuits for my husband and I), also great for reheating leftovers for one or two people

I have to admit as pretty as the New Traditions are, I found the vanilla a little hard to keep clean. The ridges are a pain.

Anyone else have this problem?

I found the ridges hard to clean too...
Something that works pretty well is the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers- just wet it and use it (Only on the outside of course) and it gets the gunk off pretty well.
Koren

Your right Koren, I used that and it worked pretty well. I guess its easier to keep up w/ it when you know how to clean it. I didnt and it took awhile for it to look white in the ridges again.

Thanks for the tip about getting the ridges clean Koren!!!

Aun said:
Small Bar Pan - absolutely perfect to use in the convection/microwave oven in our camper, also great baking a small portion of just about anything (ex. perfectly fits 4 of those frozen biscuits for my husband and I), also great for reheating leftovers for one or two people

I love my large one and have been thinking of getting the small or medium one too.

I would love to know the different uses between the small and medium to make a decision of which one to get next. Like how much can be cooked in each one? I am bad about just knowing measurements, I like to see them to know what may fit in each of them, so, maybe you all can paint a picture for me?

especially with the new ttaditions going on sale this coming month I think it is important for me to tell everyone how to clean them. At more than one show I have done a cleaning of your stone demo. Too many people wash them with soap or stick them in the dishwasher, or worse leave them greasy and then hate the way they feel.
Baking Soda!
That's it sprinkle the stone with baking soda and wipe it all inside and out. Gets it wonderfully clean, even the ridges on the new traditions!
Baking soda is my kitchen best friend :)

jrstephens said:
I love my large one and have been thinking of getting the small or medium one too.

I would love to know the different uses between the small and medium to make a decision of which one to get next. Like how much can be cooked in each one? I am bad about just knowing measurements, I like to see them to know what may fit in each of them, so, maybe you all can paint a picture for me?

I loved my Large Bar Pan so much I got all 3 sizes!! LOL I love the Medium Bar Pan for frozen biscuits and nuggets-n-fries for my dd. I also use the Small Bar Pan for smaller portions, like a handfull of fries in the toaster oven or just 6 biscuits. I use the large and medium the most. HTH Usually I have both the large and medium in the oven at the same time, with the small one in the toaster oven!

I plan on ordering the Rectangular Baker and Deep Dish Pie Plate in Sept. with my discount to have for my Sept. shows. Plus I've been waiting for an "excuse" to get both! I don't have any New Traditions pieces right now, besides the one that came in my kit. Reading the posts in this thread has gotten me anxious to get them!! :D

This may seem obvious, but the Rectangular Baker is a perfect size for lasagna. Also, it's great for covered dish events when you may need to double or triple the size of a casserole, or a double batch of brownies. Sometimes I bake several pieces of chicken breast halves at one time to use in recipes for later.

^^ and use your pizza cutter to cut hot lasagna! you can spritz the cutter with a little oil and food won't stick to it as much! I use my pizza cutter on everything I cut in the rect baker. Then I take my mini serving spatula and cut the edges where the pizza cutter doesn't go all the way to the edge! the mini serving spatula is the perfect size, especially for brownies! I use my large serving spatula for lasagna!
Also, you all keep talking about the toaster oven. I use my small bar pan, small oval baker, mini baker, small round stone, deep dish pie plate and my square baker in mine and they all fit well. My square baker is perfect for smaller batches of lasagna (4 of us) and we can have lasagna during the summer without heating the house! I keep by bar pan and my oval baker on seperate racks in my toaster oven and sometimes I often find I've left my small round stone in there too!;)

What are the benefits of using New Traditions Stoneware?

New Traditions Stoneware is made of a durable and heat-resistant material, making it perfect for baking, roasting, and broiling. It also retains heat well, ensuring that your food stays warm even after it's out of the oven. The stoneware is also non-stick, making it easy to clean and maintain.

Can I use New Traditions Stoneware in the microwave?

Yes, our stoneware is microwave safe. It is important to note that while our stoneware is heat-resistant, it is not recommended to use it under a broiler or on direct heat sources such as stovetops or grills.

What types of foods can I cook with New Traditions Stoneware?

New Traditions Stoneware is versatile and can be used to cook a variety of foods, including casseroles, breads, desserts, and even meats. It is also great for reheating leftovers in the oven or microwave.

Do I need to season New Traditions Stoneware before using it?

No, our stoneware is already seasoned and ready to use. However, some customers prefer to season it with oil before the first use to enhance the non-stick properties.

How do I properly care for my New Traditions Stoneware?

To ensure the longevity of your stoneware, it is important to avoid drastic temperature changes, such as placing it in a hot oven straight from the freezer. Allow it to cool before cleaning and avoid using metal utensils, which can scratch the surface. Hand wash with warm, soapy water and avoid using abrasive cleaners. Do not put stoneware in the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rockyrhode
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
BeckyC5830
  • Kathy Scott
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies