• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Put a Plastic Stoneware Cover on a Hot Baker?

In summary, our plastic stoneware covers can be safely used on a hot baker and are designed to withstand high temperatures. They will not melt or warp when used on a hot baker, but it is recommended to remove the cover before placing the baker in the oven to prevent any potential damage. The cover can be cleaned by hand washing or placing it in the dishwasher, but be sure to let it cool down first. It is not safe to use the cover in the microwave as the high temperatures can cause it to melt or warp. It is best to use a microwave-safe cover or to remove the cover before microwaving the baker.
bridgetbakes
A customer asked me if she can put the old plastic stoneware cover on to her rectangular baker right after it comes out of the oven...and I don't know the answer! Does anyone know if it is "heat-resistant" enough that it would be OK or should she wait till the baker cools? :confused:

I have never put mine on seconds after something came out of the oven, but I throw mine on maybe 5-10 minutes later so the food doesn't get cold but the stone is still really hot.

I think the instructions say to wait 10 minutes. I've put mine on within just a couple of minutes of taking it out of a 450F oven without any problems.

1. Can I put a plastic stoneware cover on a hot baker?

Yes, you can put a plastic stoneware cover on a hot baker. Our stoneware is designed to withstand high temperatures and is safe to use with plastic covers.

2. Will the plastic stoneware cover melt or warp when used on a hot baker?

No, our plastic stoneware covers are made from heat-resistant materials and will not melt or warp when used on a hot baker.

3. Can I put a hot baker with a plastic stoneware cover directly in the oven?

Yes, you can put a hot baker with a plastic stoneware cover directly in the oven. However, it is recommended to remove the cover before placing the baker in the oven to prevent any potential melting or warping.

4. How do I clean a plastic stoneware cover after use?

You can clean a plastic stoneware cover by hand washing it with warm soapy water or by placing it in the dishwasher. Make sure to let it cool down before cleaning to avoid any potential warping or damage.

5. Is it safe to use a plastic stoneware cover on a hot baker in the microwave?

No, it is not safe to use a plastic stoneware cover on a hot baker in the microwave. The high temperatures in the microwave can cause the plastic to melt or warp. It is recommended to use a microwave-safe cover or to remove the cover before placing the baker in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
BeckyC5830
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kcjodih