• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help for a Burnt Bar Pan: Seeking Advice from Across the Country

In summary, the woman's pan has burnt and she's not sure if it takes away the properties of the pan or not. She's been trying to clean it with baking soda and water, but the smell is bad. She's been testing the food on the pan to see if itturns black or flakes off, but the smell is still bad. She's been told by another consultant that the pan cannot go under the broiler. She's been trying to get a replacement, but her warranty was voided because her husband put the pan in the broiler. She's been offered a show by the author to get a replacement
Tropicalburstqt2
Gold Member
Here's an email I got from a woman that I've been working with. She has a burnt bar pan and here's her emails to me...

"My pan is a Large Bar Pan. I tried letting baking soda and water paste sit in the pan all night but it does not look good. I will work on it again tonight when I get home from work and see if I can test it by cooking something on it to see if the food turns black or flakes off on it. I'm not sure if I can get a hold of the original consultant I purchased from . If her name is on the receipt I might. She was very forgetful. I even tried to set up a party and twice she forgot about me when we were setting up a date and I finally gave up. She said she had some disabilities that made her forget things. Anyway back to my pan. Does burning till it's black take away the properties in the pan or should I keep trying to clean it with baking soda and hope for the best? How do I get a replacement through pampered chef? Do I just send them a picture of the pan and a receipt? I really don't want to pay for shipping this thing out.

I did the cook test and the flavor seems okay. The only concern is the horrible smell when the pan heats up. It smells sort of like oven cleaner and charcoal burning. I don’t know if it will go away or if that is good in anyway. I like my house to smell like the item I am cooking not burnt nothingness. My receipt does not have a name of a consultant on it. Just states for returns call pampered chef. Do you think I should be worried about the smell the pan gives off??"

Obviously that's not supposed to be like that, but what would you suggest that I do?? She lives across the country from me and I'd like to help her out. Any suggestions?? TIA!!

When did she buy it? If it's within the 3 yr guarantee time, get her a replacement.

How long ago did she purchase it? If she has the receipt as she said and it's within the 3 years, she can call PC and do an adjustment (or you can call for her).

If she has to send it back, she'll only need to send a palm-sized piece. Once she gets a reference number with the approval, tell her to go outside and drop it (or throw it if she's having a stressful day - LOL!) and to just send back a small piece.

I don't know why she would have a burned bar pan. I've never heard of that before...

Good luck!

Apparently her husband put it in the broiler for an hour.

Hmmmm....not good. As you've probably guessed, it can't go under the broiler. I'd still call HO and see if they can help, but I'm guessing the warranty was voided...

Yea, I knew that the broiler thing wasn't a good idea, but I'd still like to help her out.

Well....I'd still call HO to see if they'd be willing to help. If not, she said she wanted to have a party and the other consultant kept "forgetting". What about asking her to do a catalog show (you said she was acrosss the country, so I'm guessing you can't get there for a show?). She could get it free or half-price????

If DH put it under the broiler, especially for that long, I wouldn't use it at all and figure out how to help her get another one. I'd be too nervous that there are microscopic cracks in the stone that will cause it to break during use.Obviously, replacement under guarantee would be the first thing to check. But it sounds like a catalog show would be next best - even if you offer her a little extra free product value to help her get the pan free.

Ask her to do a catalog show to get one for free!! Or offer 10 or 20% off her new order.......

She's practically begging to do a show! It's hard but I would let her know that due to the Use and Care Guide of the pan, HO will not return it if they are told that it was used in the broiler. Offer to do a show for her and get her another pan for free or half off.

Thanks for all of the input!! I'm waiting for a reply to the email that I sent her.

I have another question, if she has an old receipt that is in her maiden name, is that okay when a refund is done? I'm still waiting from a call back from HO.

Well, now my lady is bidding on one on the "Dreaded E"!! I'm still trying to convince her that hosting is the way to go if she wants a new one. She also wants to know if the small bar pan will fit into a toaster oven?!?

I have a large round stone that is black from just using it a lot. It doesn't affect the flavor/cooking of the food. I didn't put mine under the broiler though, that's a no-no. Sounds like she needs another stone though altogether.

Tropicalburstqt2 said:
She also wants to know if the small bar pan will fit into a toaster oven?!?
Yes, the small bar pan will fit into a toaster oven.

It interests me how the lady is from across the country and she contacted you. Did she get your name from HO or do you know her? I'd get her to book a show. She isn't the first person I've heard black a stone! :(
I'm here in northern CA if I can help you in any way with her show.

She wrote something on a site that I'm part of about what a dummy her husband was for burning her favorite stone & I emailed her telling her that I maybe able to help her out.

Tropicalburstqt2 said:
Well, now my lady is bidding on one on the "Dreaded E"!! I'm still trying to convince her that hosting is the way to go if she wants a new one. She also wants to know if the small bar pan will fit into a toaster oven?!?

she will pay outrageous shipping too!!

1. How do I clean a burnt bar pan?

To clean a burnt bar pan, start by filling it with hot water and a few drops of dish soap. Let it soak for 15-20 minutes, then use a non-abrasive scrubber or sponge to gently remove any burnt bits. For tougher stains, you can make a paste with baking soda and water and let it sit on the pan for a few minutes before scrubbing. Rinse thoroughly with hot water and dry with a soft cloth.

2. Will using metal utensils scratch my bar pan?

Yes, metal utensils can scratch your bar pan. It is best to use non-metal utensils, such as silicone or wooden ones, to avoid damaging the non-stick surface. If you do accidentally scratch your pan, it is still safe to use, but the non-stick coating may not perform as well.

3. Can I use my bar pan on the stovetop or under the broiler?

No, bar pans are not designed to be used on the stovetop or under the broiler. They are meant for use in the oven only. Using them on the stovetop or under the broiler can cause damage to the pan and may even be a safety hazard.

4. How do I prevent my bar pan from burning in the first place?

To prevent your bar pan from burning, make sure to always use the recommended temperature and cooking time for your recipe. You can also line the pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil to create a barrier between the food and the pan. Additionally, avoid using cooking sprays on your bar pan, as they can cause buildup and increase the chances of burning.

5. Can I still use my burnt bar pan?

Yes, you can still use your burnt bar pan. As long as the non-stick coating is not peeling or flaking off, the pan is safe to use. However, it may not perform as well as before and may have some discoloration. If you are concerned about the appearance or performance of your pan, it may be time to replace it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • trps
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
Replies