• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sometimes, You Have to Experiment...

In summary, the host did a show yesterday and the oven did not turn on. To her credit, it felt like 100 degrees and she had a small kitchen. Her idea was to make the Three Cheese Garden Pizza on the grill... and it ended up burning the bottom of the pizza (we did it on the Large Bar Pan like the recipe calls for). The guests loved it anyway.
PCTE2010
I just did a show yesterday and the host didn't want to turn the oven on. To her credit, it felt like 100 degrees and she had something of a small kitchen. Her idea was to make the Three Cheese Garden Pizza on the grill...
I was open to experimenting, and we let her guests know we were experimenting because of the heat (they appreciated it).
It ended up burning the bottom of the pizza (we did it on the Large Bar Pan like the recipe calls for), but overall it turned out pretty tasty. The guests sure loved it too - burnt bottom and all. Haha!
Just thought I'd share that because I thought it was kind of bizarre. I'm curious to hear what other "experiments" the rest of you have had at your shows :)

You put the bar pan on the grill? According to use and care, that's a no no.
Don't encourage your guests to put stones on the grill, they will not be covered under warranty.
Glad the show worked out for you though!

Oh yikes. Thanks for pointing that out. I just needed to figure something out with the heat and apparently didn't think that one through!

You can do something in the DCB in the microwave..or make a fruit pizza, or there are some other ideas in the files sections that you can do for demos to beat the heat.

I have done many grilled pizza shows this summer! You put the dough directly on the grill! IT IS SO TASTY!!! Use PC recipes!! They are in the files recipe....
People never tire of it - they keep requesting the same show!

Grilled Italian pizza is the BEST! It's in the files section here - I do it quite often for shows!

Thanks so much! I'll look that one up.
The issue that kept coming up with my host on this one was "I already bought the ingredients - use them!" So I felt pretty obligated to stick with the recipes she chose, but do it HER way. Ick. I was trying to make her happy, but clearly didn't think it through with the stoneware on the grill - won't do that again.
The other recipe I did for her (we did 2 recipes) was the Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars. I forgot the rice cereal and realized it too late. They still turned out delicious, but she made it a point to tell me that her family never eats that kind of cereal and she bought it special JUST for that show. (It was the cheap kind...couldn't have spent more than $2 on it.)
Oh yes, and she kept trying to tell me that I was doing the recipes wrong - during the show. She even brought her copies of the recipes over to the counter and double checked it against my copy.
It really was just not my day, haha.

PCTE2010 said:
Thanks so much! I'll look that one up.
The issue that kept coming up with my host on this one was "I already bought the ingredients - use them!" So I felt pretty obligated to stick with the recipes she chose, but do it HER way. Ick. I was trying to make her happy, but clearly didn't think it through with the stoneware on the grill - won't do that again.
The other recipe I did for her (we did 2 recipes) was the Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars. I forgot the rice cereal and realized it too late. They still turned out delicious, but she made it a point to tell me that her family never eats that kind of cereal and she bought it special JUST for that show. (It was the cheap kind...couldn't have spent more than $2 on it.)
Oh yes, and she kept trying to tell me that I was doing the recipes wrong - during the show. She even brought her copies of the recipes over to the counter and double checked it against my copy.
It really was just not my day, haha.

And, that's when you use the phrases:
"I'm a PAMPERED Chef, not a PERFECT Chef"
"See, ANYONE can do this job!"
"That's the great thing about PC recipes, no matter how hard you try, you just can't mess them up!"

I make grilled pizza all the time, my kids love it! I line the bar pan with foil, make the pizza and then lift the foil up and place it on the grill. I did have it burn on the bottom once. I just keep the temp on low. If I find the bottom is cooking to fast and the top still has to cook- I will shut off the gas below the pizza and keep the gas going around it for the heat.
It's just one of those things you have to practice with. Regardless of how it looks- it always tastes great.

You are not supposed to put stones on the grill. Just not a good practice. Read the use and care.

Love how you thought outside of the box. It also show's that they can't use the heat and small kitchen space as an excuse to not have a show.

lisasfuncooking said:
I make grilled pizza all the time, my kids love it! I line the bar pan with foil, make the pizza and then lift the foil up and place it on the grill. I did have it burn on the bottom once. I just keep the temp on low. If I find the bottom is cooking to fast and the top still has to cook- I will shut off the gas below the pizza and keep the gas going around it for the heat.
It's just one of those things you have to practice with. Regardless of how it looks- it always tastes great.

I think she is meaning she presses the pizza dough not makes, cause she says she lifts the foil out and then places it on the grill.

Mara

I've done dips and such for no-cook shows. Microwave cakes in the fluted stone work out well too.

My husband's boss was using their PC stone on the grill and it kept breaking.

What are some common ingredients to experiment with in cooking?

Some common ingredients to experiment with in cooking include different herbs and spices, various types of oils and vinegars, different types of meats and vegetables, and alternative flours or grains for baking.

How can experimenting with ingredients enhance a dish?

Experimenting with ingredients can enhance a dish by adding new flavors and textures, creating a unique and personalized dish, and expanding your cooking skills and knowledge.

What are some ways to experiment with cooking techniques?

Some ways to experiment with cooking techniques include trying different methods of cooking such as grilling, roasting, or sautéing, using different kitchen tools and equipment, and incorporating new techniques like sous vide or pressure cooking.

What are the benefits of experimenting with recipes?

Experimenting with recipes can help you develop your own cooking style and signature dishes, allow you to adapt recipes to fit your dietary needs or preferences, and keep your meals exciting and interesting.

How can Pampered Chef products aid in experimenting with cooking?

Pampered Chef products can aid in experimenting with cooking by providing high-quality and versatile kitchen tools that make it easier to try new techniques and recipes, and by offering recipe inspiration and tips for using their products in unique ways.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • akrebecca
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
crissy11
  • Tropicalburstqt2