• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy and Delicious Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes Recipe

F
friday
This is my new show recipe. I tried this out tonight and it is very easy to do, and very yummy. I have my next 3 hosts all set to do it. YIPPEE!! I haven't loved a recipe this much since Hot Broccoli Dip.

friday said:
This is my new show recipe. I tried this out tonight and it is very easy to do, and very yummy. I have my next 3 hosts all set to do it. YIPPEE!! I haven't loved a recipe this much since Hot Broccoli Dip.

I'm liking this recipe - but what do you do about larger shows? My show tomorrow is expecting 18-20 guests....and I have 2 sets of prep bowls, but not 3.....

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm liking this recipe - but what do you do about larger shows? My show tomorrow is expecting 18-20 guests....and I have 2 sets of prep bowls, but not 3.....

Cut them in half once you have shown them.

Be sure not to use more than 2 medium scoops of batter or they will not cook through. There will be NO extra batter.

Oh, and double the recipe using a regular sized cake mix.

friday said:

Be sure not to use more than 2 medium scoops of batter or they will not cook through. There will be NO extra batter.

Thanks for the tips!

Now if DH only liked lemon......oh well, DS and I will have to sample them several times!:chef:

Was this recipe posted somewhere??

My only complaint about the recipe is the nutrition information... :eek: did y'all read that?!?!

byrd1956 said:
Was this recipe posted somewhere??
Yeah, it's on the PC website. It's under the Products and Recipes in the center section. Go to the "sweet and simple link" and it takes you right to it!

Thank you. Boy do they look and sound yummy! Yes, I like lemon :)

friday said:

Is it two medium or large scoops? I thought the video said large.

I don't HAVE large or medium scoop. Can you use a certain number of tablespoons?

Maybe you can borrow a prep bowl set from someone.

I was ready to give away my 2 cup measuring cup until I saw this recipe ...

friday said:

Umm ... not sure that's a good thing, since you loved the broccoli dip so much you dipped yourself out!!!! How long will it be before you don't even want to hear the word lemon???

Di_Can_Cook said:
I don't HAVE large or medium scoop. Can you use a certain number of tablespoons?

Maybe you can borrow a prep bowl set from someone.

I was ready to give away my 2 cup measuring cup until I saw this recipe ...

The scoops are:

small = one tablespoon
medium = two tablespoons
large = three tablespoons

Hope that helps!

GourmetGirl said:
My only complaint about the recipe is the nutrition information... :eek: did y'all read that?!?!

you should be able to substitute fat free sour cream and egg substitute without a problem. I do it all the time with my micro cakes

Hi Shania- how's it goin? Theresa

How do these taste??

I want to make these so bad. If a host wants these, be sure to know how many people are coming. You can always serve them cut in half but that only serves 12 people.

Plus they only give you 2 prep bowls in the kit which means all new consultants will have to go out and buy a full set. It is really worth it to have a full set!

I do a no demo show - think I can prep these before hand and put them in the micro at the end of the show? Or just have them set out all pretty on the round platter during the show?

wadesgirl said:
Plus they only give you 2 prep bowls in the kit which means all new consultants will have to go out and buy a full set. It is really worth it to have a full set!

OMG>..I SooOO love the Prep Bowls...DEFINITELY worth getting the whole set. I often just take 2 or 3 to a show, but at home...I've been feeling like I should get another set even before this recipe!

I suggest to guests to make the individual 'omlet' in them in the microwave, everyone loves that tip. I say "mix one egg, add cheese and other of your favorite omlet ingredients. Stack them in the fridge, and in the morning when the kids come down for breakfast before school - or anytime- they can take it out, remove the lid, micro for one minute...THAT'S much healthier than a POP TART! "

And I love the tip about using the Chef's Tongs to remove it from the microwave!

I use them to store leftovers, melt butter/chocolate in micro, measure, --everyone loves the Batter Bowls...so they'll love these mini versions!
:love:

I've been thinking I need another set too!

I got my prep bowls from my bridal shower before I signed up for PC. I wasn't even sure I wanted them but needed to add more things to my list so the prep bowls went on the list. So glad I got them! They are wonderful.

I use mine at my shows to chop fresh herbs and bacon. I cannot stand when a recipe tells you to chop herbs with a knife, never works for me. So I put them in the prep bowl and cut them with the shears. I do bacon for the club house chicken squares the same way. Did this the other night for a show and the host was amazed, never had thought about that before.

GourmetGirl said:

It has nutrition?? Ya, I looked at the nutrition thing. They probably should have just skipped putting that on there.... its pretty... not healthy. Maybe thats why I love it?

Do these cakes actually taste good? I always worry about the cakes in the microwave. I love making the cakes in my stoneware, but I just wondered about doing it in the prep bowls. I cannot let myself make these right now, since my dh & I just started watching more carefully what we eat. I am not going to say the "d" word, cause they never work!

pampchefrhondab said:
Is it two medium or large scoops? I thought the video said large.

I dont remember what the video said, but I tried it last night and 2 large would definately NOT have cooked through in the microwave timing on the card.

karaboo2 said:
Umm ... not sure that's a good thing, since you loved the broccoli dip so much you dipped yourself out!!!! How long will it be before you don't even want to hear the word lemon???

At least 130 shows (enough to get me to Aruba)

wadesgirl said:
I want to make these so bad. If a host wants these, be sure to know how many people are coming. You can always serve them cut in half but that only serves 12 people.

I do a no demo show - think I can prep these before hand and put them in the micro at the end of the show? Or just have them set out all pretty on the round platter during the show?

I own 2 sets of prep bowls and they are in constant use even before I met this recipe.

These are best served warm. I tried the extras cool this morning and-- not so much. I would micro them there- no reason you cant do the batter in advance though.

friday said:
I own 2 sets of prep bowls and they are in constant use even before I met this recipe.

These are best served warm. I tried the extras cool this morning and-- not so much. I would micro them there- no reason you cant do the batter in advance though.

I prepare the recipe at the host's house just wasn't for sure if I should microwave them before the show or towards the end. I could just have the set in the microwave and while they are filling out their customer care cards and we do doorprizes, they can be cooking. Cannot wait to try this recipe.

wadesgirl said:
I prepare the recipe at the host's house just wasn't for sure if I should microwave them before the show or towards the end. I could just have the set in the microwave and while they are filling out their customer care cards and we do doorprizes, they can be cooking. Cannot wait to try this recipe.
Just remember you also need to microwave the glaze.

some recipes i've made with egg, if you don't cook it right away it will be flat.
wouldn't this happen with these cakes?

So the Medium Scoop is what they use...?? I don't have the medium, just the small and large...guess I could use two scoops of the small to equal one medium scoop.

AHHH...I have this show TONIGHT, and still can't decide what dessert to do with the BBQ pork sandwiches!
that chocolate strawberry cake sounds good too...but ..hmmm i'm not sure I want to cook EVERYTHING in the microwave tonight...so maybe i'll go with something all together different!
I better get crackin'!

ChefNic said:
some recipes i've made with egg, if you don't cook it right away it will be flat.
wouldn't this happen with these cakes?

So the Medium Scoop is what they use...?? I don't have the medium, just the small and large...guess I could use two scoops of the small to equal one medium scoop.

AHHH...I have this show TONIGHT, and still can't decide what dessert to do with the BBQ pork sandwiches!
that chocolate strawberry cake sounds good too...but ..hmmm i'm not sure I want to cook EVERYTHING in the microwave tonight...so maybe i'll go with something all together different!
I better get crackin'!

I was thinking the chocolate strawberry cake would be a good skillet cake recipe too.

ShanaSmith said:
you should be able to substitute fat free sour cream and egg substitute without a problem. I do it all the time with my micro cakes
that's what I was thinking! A lot of times people can add apple sauce in stead of butter, but I don't know how to change that, and I don't know if it would do anything to the flavor of it considering lemon is more intense flavor than chocolate. Chocolate is easy to disguise other things into it!;)

Dumb question but how much does the medium scoop consist of....I only have the large and small.

You could also make some in advance for large shows, sometimes showing a finished product gets their attention to.

small scoop 1 Tbsp
Medium scoop 2 Tbsp
Large scoop 3 Tbsp

I was thinking last night that if people don't care for the lemon that maybe small oranges could be substituted instead. We will have to try it out! :)

For those who don't have the medium scoop, you should get it! It saves a lot of hassle. I had to send back my large scoop and I miss it so bad.

Orange should work just fine... I dont see why not... I will try that this week it sounds so good. Thanks for suggesting it Summer!

Nutrition in desserts? Do we really care? :)

Robin

Yummy!!!!!!!I had these at a cluster meeting last night and they were SO GOOOOOOD!! There were two kinds one from a jiffy mix and one from Betty Crocker, and the Betty Crocker was better.

They were so moist and delicious and had been sitting out for over an hour for the meeting, and they were still so good. Not rock hard, and not undercooked. Perfect. :love:

The sweetness and the tartness of the lemon were a perfect balance. I would have eaten them all because I hadn't eaten dinner but I restrained myself. I will make my own and eat them all!!! It's that time of the month for me when sweets are so important!!! :cry: :p :yuck: :rolleyes:

I have been pregnant three times in the past three years, I forgot what cramps felt like and how horrible this is. Ok sorry TMI!! LOL :sing:

Debbie :D

ChefNic said:
OMG>..I SooOO love the Prep Bowls...DEFINITELY worth getting the whole set. I often just take 2 or 3 to a show, but at home...I've been feeling like I should get another set even before this recipe!

I suggest to guests to make the individual 'omlet' in them in the microwave, everyone loves that tip. I say "mix one egg, add cheese and other of your favorite omlet ingredients. Stack them in the fridge, and in the morning when the kids come down for breakfast before school - or anytime- they can take it out, remove the lid, micro for one minute...THAT'S much healthier than a POP TART! "

And I love the tip about using the Chef's Tongs to remove it from the microwave!

I use them to store leftovers, melt butter/chocolate in micro, measure, --everyone loves the Batter Bowls...so they'll love these mini versions!
:love:

Hello, I'm Carol, and I am a Prep Bowl Addict! There, I have said it. So far, I have 3 sets, and can't keep them around. 2-3 are in my kit, the rest migrate into the garage, others grow feet and leave the house! The ones I can manage to hang on to sit on the counter in a stack, and they are soooooo handy. One of the few PC products I have multiples of! Can't wait to get the pinch bowls.

Now back to my Prep Bowl Addicts meeting!!

1. What ingredients do I need for the Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes?

The ingredients needed for this recipe are:

• 1 box of lemon cake mix
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons of lemon juice

2. Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any flavor of cake mix that you prefer. However, lemon cake mix will give the best flavor for these mini cakes.

3. Do I need any special equipment to make these mini cakes?

No, you can use a regular muffin tin to make these mini cakes. Just be sure to grease the tin well before filling it with the cake batter.

4. How long do these mini cakes need to bake?

The mini cakes should bake for about 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You can check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of a cake - if it comes out clean, they are ready to be removed from the oven.

5. Can I make the glaze ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the glaze ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. Just be sure to let it come to room temperature before drizzling it over the cooled mini cakes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CyndiWilliams
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
laurichef
  • noelskitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefloretta