• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Early Labor Struggles: My Baby Update & 35 Week Belly Pic

In summary, Gil is in early labor but still having regular contractions and is waiting for something to push her to leave or stay in the UK. She is worried about her health and the health of her baby.
Here is the birth announcement that I made for Miss Baylor- I am learning about photoshop and don't know much, so I am very proud!

Birthannouncement.jpg

AWW! I love it!!! Great Job!

So cute Gillian!!

Gillian - she is so beautiful! I love those precious little feet!
Great job on the birth announcement!

THat is an AWESOME announcement!

From a Photoshop "expert" ....great job!!! :) I love the black and white, with just the pink text :)

that is soooo good Gillian! I just love how your mind works for these pictures! Like the very first one on this thread! My hubby played in our computer after we had our daughter and created a few! I'm glad he printed a few of them because when we lost one of our drives on our computer last year, guess which one! The one that had all of our family photos and both my hubby and my work (PC that is!!) files! ughhh!:mad:
Great job on the announcement, you should be proud of yourself!
I know how you feel about being in pain. I had a c-section with Jessica and I hated it! Plus I had been on bed rest for 6 months so I became tired very easily! The few days that I had to spend in the hospital after the c-section, was a blur! And I hate that! Because I know I missed out on a few things! I was there physically, but my mind was in la-la land!:rolleyes: I was also an emotional psyco! Not only from the meds but I knew she was my last baby also!;)

That's one of the cutest announcements I've ever seen!! Great job!

I loved my c-section. It was not the way I had planned it. I recovered so quickly and I remember thinking if all births were this easy I would have 10!!!
Well that was almost 5 years ago and I still only have 1. A lot of work!!!

^^ it's another case of "different strokes for different folks!!!!" I had one vaginal birth and one c-section and I'll take the vaginal birth anyday! I even had a loooooong labor, 44 hours! And I pushed for 4 of those hours! :eek: yikes!
But when I was done, I was done! I could feel the efects of my c-section for 6 months, like I said though, it could be that I was on bed rest for 6 months and was not in very good physical shape after that! With my son, my first birth, I was up and going real good in just a couple days!

Gillian you are too talented ;)

Your little girl is just beautiful!

I have always wanted four and now I am thinking when I would like to have #3. I am just now getting my "freedom" this fall when my daughter goes to preschool so we will see after that :)

thank you so much for including us with little Baylor!

MissChef said:
^^ it's another case of "different strokes for different folks!!!!"

A lot of people seem to think I'm crazy for saying that I'd rather give birth without an epidural, but like you said "different strokes for different folks!" lol I had an epidural w/ #1, and felt so out of it the whole time! (probably a mixture of the magnesium and epidural) I still had a ton of back pain, and had to push for 3 hours. I thought I wanted one with #2, but was already 8-9cm by the time we got to the hospital, so it was too late. I'm really glad I didn't though - it was so much easier without that drugged feeling! And it went so much faster!! Recovery seemed a little slower the second time around, but I think that was because I tried to do too much when I got home. I'm definitely going to try not to have one when we have our last.

ahammons said:
A lot of people seem to think I'm crazy for saying that I'd rather give birth without an epidural, but like you said "different strokes for different folks!" lol I had an epidural w/ #1, and felt so out of it the whole time! (probably a mixture of the magnesium and epidural) I still had a ton of back pain, and had to push for 3 hours. I thought I wanted one with #2, but was already 8-9cm by the time we got to the hospital, so it was too late. I'm really glad I didn't though - it was so much easier without that drugged feeling! And it went so much faster!! Recovery seemed a little slower the second time around, but I think that was because I tried to do too much when I got home. I'm definitely going to try not to have one when we have our last.

After 36 hours of labor, and THEN having to be put on Pitocin.......can I say that they couldn't get me that epidural fast enough!:D :eek: I could hardly breathe anymore (they had me on oxygen) but with every bit of breath I had I just kept asking "Where is he? Where is he? When is he coming?" (The anesthesiologist)
After the Epidural, I was able to breath, and rest (hadn't slept for 40 hrs at that point), and then push........and I totally enjoyed my sons birth! I still remember the moment they layed him on my chest!
I guess it's just different for everyone! No such thing as a "normal" labor and delivery!

ChefBeckyD said:
No such thing as a "normal" labor and delivery!

I completely agree! I really wanted one with my first, but I had been in the hospital for a week hooked up to Magnesium to stop my preterm labor. As soon as they tried weaning me off of it, I went from 2-5cm in about 30 min. I was already very sleepy from the Magnesium, and the epidural did help me rest at first.... the first real rest I'd had in a week! That was really nice, but when it came time to push, I still felt so drugged that it was difficult to stay focused. They ended up turning my epidural way down and giving me pitocin, so that I could feel when to push -- still couldn't feel the contractions, just constant pain. Unfortunately, they had to take him to a different hospital after he was delivered b/c our hospital didn't have a NICU. After he was born, everything was pretty much a blur until the next morning. Luckily I got to hold my second right after he was born, and it was so worth all of the pain!

I love epidurals because a tiny bit of pitocin + an epidural = a baby in my arms (usually within an hour!!).

ahammons said:
A lot of people seem to think I'm crazy for saying that I'd rather give birth without an epidural, but like you said "different strokes for different folks!" lol I had an epidural w/ #1, and felt so out of it the whole time! (probably a mixture of the magnesium and epidural)
I guess I was lucky! I LOVED my epidurals both times and the first time I was on magnesium too because of pre-eclampsia. I was double-lucky because I had to be induced because of that and never ended up needing pitocin! I had that gel thingy to soften the cervix and that seemed to do the trick. I progressed well throughout the day, never needed pitocin and he was born about 13 hours later. Luckily I never felt out of it with the magnesium and the epidural.:D :D Oh AND the magnesium didn't even make me sick!

Maybe I just can't handle medication very well! lol I wouldn't even let my dr. give me vicodin afterwards, I just stuck to the ibuprofen... I was too afraid of feeling drugged again! :) I guess it's a good thing b/c my husband said that he doesn't think he can watch me get another epidural ever again! :rolleyes:

pamperedbecky said:
I guess I was lucky! I LOVED my epidurals both times and the first time I was on magnesium too because of pre-eclampsia. I was double-lucky because I had to be induced because of that and never ended up needing pitocin! I had that gel thingy to soften the cervix and that seemed to do the trick. I progressed well throughout the day, never needed pitocin and he was born about 13 hours later. Luckily I never felt out of it with the magnesium and the epidural.:D :D Oh AND the magnesium didn't even make me sick!

Thats funny! I was on Magnesium several times during my pregnancy - started having pre-term labor @ 5.5 months.....my son was born @ 36 weeks. I stopped taking all of my medication after my last ultrasound on June 4, went into labor June 6....spent the day in the hospital w/ contractions coming 2-3 minutes apart - they sent me home that evening, told me to come back when I couldn't breath thru them anymore....came back 12 hrs later.....BIG contractions, but I couldn't dialate past 4 - so DR broke my water - contractions completely stopped! Then they had to put me on Pitocin.......spent 6 hrs on Pitocin w/ no breaks coming between contractions that were off the chart! STILL couldn't dialate. Gave me an epidural, and within 2 hours my son was born! Only pushed for about 20 minutes!

Ashlee- that is exactly how I am! I love the epi but worry about other meds. My doc gave me a vicodin script and they are sitting on my counter. I have been taking tylenol and ibuprofen because I am too scared that the vicodin will knock me out or make me puke!

Typing one handed sure takes a while, LOL!!

Gillian - I'm glad I'm not the only one! The doctor gave me a strange look when I told her I didn't want it. I guess not too many people turn down vicodin! lol

OK, I've read the labor and delivery stories, and I feel extra lucky! With all 3 kids, we barely made it to the hospital in time!
With my first, labor was a total 11 hours, and we just kept "waiting on it to get really bad"....didn't know what to expect, of course! We had an hour long trip to the hospital, because we had just moved a month before she came. When we got there, I was already 10 centimeters and ready to push! We were very surprised, but happy, too!! The only thing keeping her "in place" was my water...it hadn't broken. They broke it, and she was born in 30 minutes.
My second was only a 3 hour labor (total time!), and we had to take Jessica to Grandma's house on the way to the hospital! I was 9 cm. then, and my water was "bulging", but they didn't want to break it until my dr. came. He came, broke my water, and my 9 lb, 6 oz son was born!
My third was only a 2 hour labor (total time!) and we had to take two kids to Grandma's house this time. I remember being in alot of pain this time, and I told my husband that I thought something must be wrong, because it "really hurts"!! lol As it turned out, my water had apparently broken when I went to the bathroom, but I didn't realize it.
When we got to the hospital, he was coming so fast, they literally ran across the hall to grab a doctor to come and catch him! My doctor walked in, 4 minutes AFTER he came out! So....I told him to go ahead and circumcise him, since he was here now, and we got that over with!! lol

We are not planning any more children, but if I were, I could only imagine how fast the next would be!! We told my doctor, since he lives less than a mile away from us, that we'd just have to stop by his house and pick him up on the way!! <grin>
My "baby" is now 12 years old, but what strong memories our birth stories are, aren't they??!!

Paula

Bottom line is, though, we are ALL lucky, and truly blessed, when we end up with a happy, healthy child in our home and in our hearts!!!

I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world!! (Even though, I've often said, when they're driving me crazy, I'd be willing to "loan them out for extended periods of time sometimes!!")

Paula

congrat's Gillian, she is just prescious!

Congratulations Gillian! She is beautiful and I LOVE her eyes!!!

Gillian
she is beautiful, I hope everyone is still doing well.

When I was pregnant with our daughter, I had taken our boys to their dentist appt. and they gave them helium balloons, (we didn't do balloons because I was always afraid they'd pop and they'd choke on them) When we left the office my 4 year old said let's send them to God mommy and say a prayer for a little sister. We knelt on the side walk, said our prayer and they released their balloons. when she was born thye were so proud of her.
The first day she was home our 3 year old looked at her and said mommy, she looks like an Osh Kosh (not sure what an Osh Kosh looks like but she is 14 and we still all call her that, we try not to do it in public at her request )
In May when she did her dance solo her friends were all calling her name before she started. The auditorium was quiet & our 19 year old screamed Love you Osh Kosh just before she turned around and when she did she had the biggest smile on her face.

Can't wait to see more pictures!!

Thanks Teresa! Twist my arm to share more pics, LOL! Baylor is doing very well and already having a growth spurt. I have to take back to the doctor today for a checkup and I am interested in seeing if she is back to her birthweight yet.
Miss Baylor
100_2999.jpg

Her first tub bath!
100_3006.jpg

She is adorable!!!!!!!

Congrats Gillian!!! She is beautiful! She also has some LONG legs!!!

Your little BMW is a true "classic", Gillian!!

What a beautiful little princess, to be sure!!

Thanks so much for sharing her with all of us!!

Paula

OMG! My little porker is up to 6lbs 13ozs! She was just 6lbs 6ozs on Thursday and even the doctor was impressed.

On the PC front I am fading a bit. I was in the Carls Jr. line today and I sat behind a van with a PC sticker on it for 5 mins before I even noticed it. It was a small sticker and there was a car between us, but I used to be able to spot a PC logo a MILE away! If it was a Ben & Jerry's logo on the other hand.... LMAO!

Aw, what a sweetie.....almost makes me want another one!
You must be feeding her well:)
The PC stuff will come back to you in time; don't worry because you didn't notice the logo--you have other precious things on your mind right now!

gilliandanielle said:
OMG! My little porker is up to 6lbs 13ozs! She was just 6lbs 6ozs on Thursday and even the doctor was impressed.

On the PC front I am fading a bit. I was in the Carls Jr. line today and I sat behind a van with a PC sticker on it for 5 mins before I even noticed it. It was a small sticker and there was a car between us, but I used to be able to spot a PC logo a MILE away! If it was a Ben & Jerry's logo on the other hand.... LMAO!
Hey, its ok! You have bigger (and growing!) things on your mind. PC will be here if/when you are ready! I know I have so much going on, I'm at the point where I'm like "Oh yeah, I have a show Friday." LOL

PS.... Post MORE pics!!!!

Yea, just remember what I often tell my hosts, "Pampered Chef is meant to be ENJOYED, not ENDURED!!" (This is what I tell them when they have to re-schedule a show, but feel really bad about "doing it to me...")

This company has been around for a long time, and I don't see it going anywhere any time soon. Enjoy Baby Baylor, Pampered Chef will be here when you're ready to come back!!

Just keep posting those beautiful pictures! She really does bring an extra dose of "sunshine" to our PC days!!

Paula

Gillian,

I've been so swamped lately that I hadn't had a chance to log in to CS for a long time (and checking on you was the first thing I'd planned to do, but the news about Paige completely sidetracked me).

Baylor is GORGEOUS!! Congratulations!!! I adore the first picture of you pregnant.

Lots of happiness with your new little bundle of joy -- so sorry that I'm so delinquent in giving you my well wishes!

gilliandanielle said:
I can't believe it either! They really do grow so fast! Too bad I spent so much of the first week in pain! With the tubal I am really emotional about everything she does because I know it is the last time... wimper, wimper!!

There is a lovely (but definitely a tearjerker) Let Me Hold You Longer - Karen Kingsbury

The first couple of pages read:

Long ago you came to me,
a miracle of firsts:
First smiles and teeth and baby steps,
a sunbeam on the burst.
But one day you will move away
and leave me to your past,
And I wil be left thinking of
a lifetime of your lasts . . .

The last time that I held a bottle
to your baby lips.
The last time that I lifted you
and held you on my hip.

The last night when you woke up crying
needing to be walked,
When last you crawled up with your blanket
wanting to be rocked.

gilliandanielle said:
Here is the birth announcement that I made for Miss Baylor- I am learning about photoshop and don't know much, so I am very proud!

Birthannouncement.jpg

Gorgeous -- what fonts did you use?

I am a Karen Kingsbury fan as well... I Love her books!!!

ivykeep said:
There is a lovely (but definitely a tearjerker) Let Me Hold You Longer - Karen Kingsbury

The first couple of pages read:

Long ago you came to me,
a miracle of firsts:
First smiles and teeth and baby steps,
a sunbeam on the burst.
But one day you will move away
and leave me to your past,
And I wil be left thinking of
a lifetime of your lasts . . .

The last time that I held a bottle
to your baby lips.
The last time that I lifted you
and held you on my hip.

The last night when you woke up crying
needing to be walked,
When last you crawled up with your blanket
wanting to be rocked.

Gillian,

I just love the announcement! She is so beautiful. I know you will enjoy every moment.

Thank you Laura and Mary!

Laura- it is great to see you around again! The fonts are from a scrapbooking package that I have from Creating Keepsakes. The print is CK Girl and the cursive is CK Script. I think you can by them for $.99 each at www.creatingkeepsakes.com but I am not positive.

Oh Gillian,

Baylor is absolutely beautiful! I am very happy for you and your whole family. What a wonderful addition!

The anticipation of waiting for your little one to be born was almost as much as waiting when my three were born! Okay, maybe not that much, but there was still quite a bit.

Lisa

Hi Gillian, how are you feeling? Baylor is so beautiful! Enjoy it all as the time really does speed by with the last one. My "baby" is starting 2nd grade in September and I feel like I just painted her nursery!
How are the "baby steps" coming? I remember you were taking them soon after Baylor was born-any luck with a decision about your business?

Hey Meg- I am doing well and Baylor is even better! She is up to almost 9 pounds at 5 weeks (6lbs 8 ozs at birth) and very alert. She has been sleeping 9pm-2am and then 3am-7am. It is VERY nice!

As for the business- I still haven't decided anything, but stayed active last month by the skin of my teeth. If I don't make my $200 this month the decision will be made for me...

Here are some new pics of Baylor that I have been promising:
100_3100-bw.jpg

100_3124-bw.jpg

100_3092.jpg

Gill~

She is adorable! That first picture is just the cutest thing! She's all laid back, like "Yea, look at me, I am just too cute!" LOL

Awwww! Your baby is so beautiful!

Gillian I hope that PC does work for you. You worked so hard at getting Directorship. BUT...if it doesn't you will still hang with us here won't you?

I love the screaming picture... too funny! and her eyes are so huge are gorgeous! Too precious Gill! I am selfishly hoping that you stay active and stay a director as you are too amazing! I know that you will do what is best for yourself and your family, but I know your CS family wants you to stay! :)

Thank you guys! You all know that I could never leave the site... I will be the creepy lady that new cheffers want to know why the heck I am here but don't want to ask! LOL!

What a beauty...takes after mom right? Thanks for the pics Gillian.

lol... I am picturing you in like 60 years still on here giving all the new cheffers advice... too funny Gill!

<h2>1. What are the signs of early labor?</h2><p>Early labor can be characterized by contractions that become more frequent, regular, and intense. Other signs may include a bloody show, back pain, and the breaking of the water.</p><h2>2. How did you know you were in early labor?</h2><p>I woke up with blood running down my legs and began experiencing contractions 1 minute apart lasting 1 minute. I also had a closed cervix at the time.</p><h2>3. Did you have any pain relief during early labor?</h2><p>I declined an epidural because I wanted to progress further before getting any drugs. However, I did experience hard contractions all night without any pain relief.</p><h2>4. What should you do if you are in early labor?</h2><p>If you are in early labor, it is important to stay calm and follow your healthcare provider's instructions. They may advise you to come into the hospital if your contractions become more frequent or if you experience other signs of labor. It is also important to have a support person with you during this time.</p><h2>5. What is the update on your pregnancy?</h2><p>As of now, I am 36 weeks pregnant and still undecided on whether to stay or leave Pampered Chef. I am experiencing "early labor" and will update when there is any progress or changes.</p>

1. What are the signs of early labor?

Early labor can be characterized by contractions that become more frequent, regular, and intense. Other signs may include a bloody show, back pain, and the breaking of the water.

2. How did you know you were in early labor?

I woke up with blood running down my legs and began experiencing contractions 1 minute apart lasting 1 minute. I also had a closed cervix at the time.

3. Did you have any pain relief during early labor?

I declined an epidural because I wanted to progress further before getting any drugs. However, I did experience hard contractions all night without any pain relief.

4. What should you do if you are in early labor?

If you are in early labor, it is important to stay calm and follow your healthcare provider's instructions. They may advise you to come into the hospital if your contractions become more frequent or if you experience other signs of labor. It is also important to have a support person with you during this time.

5. What is the update on your pregnancy?

As of now, I am 36 weeks pregnant and still undecided on whether to stay or leave Pampered Chef. I am experiencing "early labor" and will update when there is any progress or changes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
Replies
Views
heather223
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat