• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Early Labor Struggles: My Baby Update & 35 Week Belly Pic

In summary, Gil is in early labor but still having regular contractions and is waiting for something to push her to leave or stay in the UK. She is worried about her health and the health of her baby.
gilliandanielle said:
Naekelsey- I have heard many things about this, but when I mentioned it to my DH he was really freaked out. I think he has common fears about hurting the baby or getting pregnancy yuckies on him, LMAO!! I am really scared about the castor oil because I took a long walk today and that really cleaned out my system- I can't imagine what an actual laxative would do!!

Hahah!! it worked with both of my kids -- had them within 24 hours of... you know. The Dr. even suggested it to us when I was at 41 weeks. (UGH)

Just remind your husband it's going to be at LEAST 6-8 weeks before you will be able to so get his kicks in now while he can and there's no risk of well... pregnancy! :)

Hey, Gillian, I have a book that details how to deliver your own baby. I could fax you that information if you think it will be necessary. :D

cmdtrgd said:
Gillian,

I know nothing of castor oil other than it is poisonous. Here is a bit of info I found. From what little I know, it is used before contractions start. Just be careful!

Uhhhh, didn't mean for a serious post (thus the smiley face). Hope YOU didn't take it that way, Gill!

Last edited:
Great to "see" you on here Gillian - you've been greatly missed! BEAUTIFUL picture. Thoughts & prayers are with you.

Gillian - this isn't meant to depress you, but I was in your situation with BOTH of my kids...they just don't want to come out...late with both, long labors, with my first I was induced and on the strongest dose of pitocin they could give me for 10 hours!

For the second, I refused induction (hated the pain and doubling of contractions constantly with pitocin). I didn't leave for the hospital until I had 1 minute contractions for a good 2 hours then took another hour to get there after dropping off my child at 2:30 a.m. at a sitter and driving through a snowstorm! (I had 2-3 minute contractions - the strong, stop you in your tracks ones for 1-2 weeks with each kid without dilating - not the fake ones).

The point to all this...many of us have been there, we know how discouraging it is not to progress and how painful it gets, but it WILL happen and that beautiful baby will be worth it!

Take care, get as much rest as possible with little kids and being so far along! You'll need your energy.

Paula, Lacy & Miguel- thanks for the prayers!Jenn- I am all for giving it a try, but he is really scared. Also the fact that attempting to do "anything" results in both of us laughing our heads off because it is like there is a beach ball strapped to my stomach. Definetly not sexy, LOL!Rae- I have experience as a doula and two prior births, so I know what to do in a pinch. Maybe I should print it out anyway and safety pin it to my shirt just in case, LMAO!!Diane- A serious post from you?? I know better, LOL!Janet- Ugg! I can't imagine. I have an appointment today and am hoping that I have made some progress with all these contractions. My hospital admits at 4 cms, so I am at least A LOT closer to that than I was on Saturday!

I just remember reading that portion of the book and thinking that I was glad that was not something I needed to know.

Hey- you never know when one of your delicious PC dishes is going to throw someone into a crazy labor and delivery. You should bring the book to shows just in case, LOL!

dianevill said:
Uhhhh, didn't mean for a serious post (thus the smiley face). Hope YOU didn't take it that way, Gill!

Diane - I didn't think you were serious, but I didn't want it taken the wrong way :D

The book is huge! It's The Encyclopedia of Country Living. It tells how to do lots of things that I hope I'll never need to do.

I scored the highest on obstetrics/gynocology on my EMT exams so the guys joke about whenever we have a "pregnant lady call" they're going to get the cot and leave me to do the work... (It helped having 2 of my own to draw knowledge from...)

But Gillian - you're on your own other than moral support. I'd love to see Alaska but couldn't afford the flight!

I hope your doctor visit goes well. If you've already started to dilate, you make be well on your way...it'll come in due time! :)

janetupnorth said:
I hope your doctor visit goes well. If you've already started to dilate, you make be well on your way...it'll come in due time! :)

Pun intended? Kate, I'm glad you didn't think I was serious. Never take me seriously after 10:00 pm:D .

I'm BAAAAAACK!!My family and I are back from vacation. It was so much fun, but I am glad to be home!! So are the babies!!
I went to my dr. appt. today and I am 30 weeks 2 days pregnant and will be going to see the diabetes dr. next wednesday to start my insulin. I figure I only have about 6-7 weeks to go, so the Lord has been merciful to me.
It was so much fun going to the Galveston beach, the Rainforest cafe, the Houston zoo, the Kemah boardwalk, a cool 3D theater that was huge, and many, many other fun things.
It will take all day to recuperate. My friend Priscilla just had her baby at 12:30 this morning. Baby John weighed in at 9 lbs. 2 oz. She is so relieved to be done with her pregnancy. I have to go visit her before church tonight. I just love lounging around the house, my husband doesn't go back to work until tomorrow. I have washed all the dirty clothes and I am making my husband his favorite omelet roll for lunch. It's been a great weekend!!!

GILLIAN I have been praying for you. I hope the pain subsides until you actually go into labor and you get through this quickly. Keep us posted!!

Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
I went to my dr. appt. today and I am 30 weeks 2 days pregnant and will be going to see the diabetes dr. next wednesday to start my insulin. I figure I only have about 6-7 weeks to go, so the Lord has been merciful to me.

That is merciful! Have you had gestional diabetes with all your kids?

Last edited:
dianevill said:
Pun intended? Kate, I'm glad you didn't think I was serious. Never take me seriously after 10:00 pm:D .

Not really...he-he...too tired to be that clever today.

Poor Gillian having to bear with our bad humor... (pun intended). ;)

Gillianwhat did you mean about staying or going with PC?? Did I miss something?? Fill me in on how you are today and what this comment means!!!

Gill, too bad I am so far away. I am in need of more baby fixes. My SIl just had my nephew on Saturday, but I don't get to see her often. I love newborns, they are just so adorable.

raebates said:
The book is huge! It's The Encyclopedia of Country Living. It tells how to do lots of things that I hope I'll never need to do.

Hey, I've got that book! As I recall, I bought it to have on hand for Y2K (remember that?). Go ahead - call me weird. I have all the Foxfire books, too :rolleyes:

So, Gillian, how did the doctor appointment go? Any changes?

We're still praying out here!!

Blessings to you and yours,
Paula

What a beautiful picture Gillian! I've been really busy this week and just now catching-up on you (oh yes, and everyone else out here too.....)

My prayers are with you right now. I can't wait to see the picture of your new little one. Take care of yourself!

I love the picture, thanks for sharing it.

I'm praying for you and quick and painless delivery. Keep us posted.

I am finally back after a whirlwind day! My appointment went okay, but no new changes. I am so bummed because I must have walked 3-4 miles yesterday and had hard contractions the whole time. I guess she just isn't meant to be here yet :(

A dear friend is a labor/delivery nurse...she says they see the most progress when ladies:

1) eat pizza ~ something in it seems to induce labor OR
2) have sex ~ not something I wanted to do then ~ that's what got my in that predicament!
3) vag. exam

I thought she was joking...but she was dead serious...I still think it's funny. I actually went into labor (after the dr said I wasn't ready) after the vag exams...both times!

Ginny

Maybe the pizza is due to eating parsley. My husband bought a book a few years back, and it was on herbs. Like natural remedies, that sort of thing. Well, it says that parsley can be used to bring on menstruation (period). Seems to me that, since menstruation is also involving uterine "contractions", so to speak, that it ought to work on the labor thing, too....????
Hey, it might not work, but, if it means not cooking dinner for a night, due to "medicinal" purposes, why not? <grin>

But, I still say, she'll come when she's good and ready, most likely!

As for the vaginal exam, I do know that there is a procedure where they can "strip the membranes", which is supposed to help start labor along. It's done during the exam. I never had it done, but I have heard it's not very pleasant, so I don't know that I'd want to have to go thru it, personally.

So, I'd say, kick your feet up and dial the local pizza delivery place!! lol

Paula

Lots of hubbies think having sex will be gross or will harm the baby. Assure him that the baby is protected with the Wall of China!! Nothing is going to touch the baby and nothing will get on him.. There would NO babies if it were up to the men!!

Oh Gillian! My prayers are going out to you tonight! I agree to eat some pizza, drink a lot of water and try to relax. I know someone here said to meditate so try it with some scented candles and mood light and music. (I'm grabin' at straws here) ;)

To keep your mind off things you could read some of the goofy things on CS :) That always cheers me up. Well wishes and keep us posted!

Gillian, my thoughts and prayers are with you. My DD turns sweet 16 on Sat. and says she knows your little one is waiting to be born on her B-day, because its special. Take care and know we are all thinking about you.

Cindy

Maybe I will call the pizza guy over and have sex with him and a vag exam. I might not have to tip!

I took a bath and tried to relax, but it just isn't in the cards...

gilliandanielle said:
Maybe I will call the pizza guy over and have sex with him and a vag exam. I might not have to tip!

You should have issued a spew alert!!!

If you're lucky your water will break & neither one of you will have to clean it up! My water broke at work while I was sitting at someone else's desk!!!
I still don't know who had to clean that up!!

Hope things go well for both you & the baby!

Gillian~

I am still "officially" taking a break from posting and reading this site, just popped on this morning for a quick look! I feel for you girl!! I hope things move along quickly for you! I can't believe that you are having so many contractions and not really going into full labor- that sucks! You and the baby are in my prayers!

:)

Gillian...have you stocked up on micro fiber towels in case your water breaks at home? :)

But seriously, my DH has what I have dubbed the "Pregnancy Filter"! It changes everything he hears. As in, when the doctor says "It's okay to have sex with your wife. In fact, it's good for her!", he hears "If you touch her, you will kill her!"

I am one of those strange women who want it more when I'm pregnant, but once I start showing (at about 3 months, lol), it's a no go. It's not that he's turned off, but that darn Pregnancy Filter gets in the way!

I did EXACTLY what you are doing with Asa. Strong, consistent contractions with no change. Hang in there, it will happen eventually, I promise!

Praying for you....

gilliandanielle said:

OMG, well at least you still have your sense of humor:D Hang in there....

How about a Tae Boe class? LOL!!!

Sorry, bad joke. I hope you feel better soon or the baby comes!

(((HUGS)))!

I am up at 4:45 am with contractions AGAIN!! I know newborns are a lot of work, but I am getting really tired of being up all night without a warm, fuzzy, squeeky reason!!

I called the pizza guy but they told me they charge extra for sex and vag exams...My DH is working 2 jobs right now, so after 15 hour days the last thing he wants is to mess around. I guess I am stuck in contraction hell for a little longer.

MomToEli said:
Hey, I've got that book! As I recall, I bought it to have on hand for Y2K (remember that?). Go ahead - call me weird. I have all the Foxfire books, too :rolleyes:

We bought it because The Furry Guy is really into doing things himself. Probably a Grizzly Adams thing. I think he would draw the line at delivering a child, though, unless it was a real emergency. Then again, you never know with him.

Send him my way, Rae! I have some jobs around the house that need to get fixed and he could be my delivery standby. I promise I won't sleep with him, LMAO!!

haha Gillian, keep up your great sense of humor and hanging in there! Not that I know from experience... but I can only imagine!

Tell you what, Gillian, as soon as he's done with all the projects at our house and at the church, I'll send him your way. He should be there about the time this baby graduates from medical school.

Yep
janetupnorth said:
That is merciful! Have you had gestional diabetes with all your kids?

Yes I have had gestational diabetes with all my four of my children and now this one too. God is so good!

Yikes
gilliandanielle said:
I am up at 4:45 am with contractions AGAIN!! I know newborns are a lot of work, but I am getting really tired of being up all night without a warm, fuzzy, squeeky reason!!

I called the pizza guy but they told me they charge extra for sex and vag exams...My DH is working 2 jobs right now, so after 15 hour days the last thing he wants is to mess around. I guess I am stuck in contraction hell for a little longer.

You poor thing. We are all praying for you Gill. I hope it gets better or that baby decides to show herself!!
I don't know what to suggest to make the baby come faster. I had a friend once tell me she ate a chili dog, nachos, pickle all at once and the baby came the very next day!!! LOL
I wouldn't suggest that, the last thing you need now is heartburn!! LOL

I've heard to eat mexican food with lotsa salsa!
Good luck...I know all will go well.

Gillian, I had some trouble with my last pregnancy which caused me to have horrible braxton hicks for about 4 months, then actual contractions for the last month. I couldn't sleep at all and was completely wore out. I was terrified to go into labor because I was so tired I didn't think I could push. After I talked to my dr. she gave me sleeping pills. They helped tremendously. I know some definitely aren't safe during pregnancy, but the once she gave me are. (sorry I don't remember the name, but a dr. would know) Maybe if you specifically address the sleeping problems with your dr. he/she might give you something. Getting some sleep should help you manage the pain of the contractions. I was able to sleep through the contractions and I still woke up easily when one of my kids cried in the night.
(I must also agree with having sex! It worked almost immediately with my second child!) But I know your DH has some issues --- too bad. Some men say it feels better "in there" right before delivery. (maybe tell him that!)

LOL! I am going to gain another 10 lbs just trying to get her out!

Dusty- They tried to give me Ambien when I was in the hospital but I didn't want to take it in case things progressed really quickly. I have a history of fast labors, and the last thing I wanted was to go from 2-10 and try to push while under Ambien's magical spell. As for the sex- he is just scared of god know what. He told me it feels really hot in there (like temperature wise :D) since I have been pregnant, LOL!

Debbie- I am glad you are doing alright and can't wait to do the countdown with you too!

DebbieSAChef said:
Yes I have had gestational diabetes with all my four of my children and now this one too. God is so good!

I had it with both of mine. Hard to believe at 5'4" and 115 lbs (pre-pregnancy of course) you can have diabetes. Luckily I'm fine after they are born and both of mine were healthy...one was 6 lb. 10 oz. and the second 9 lbs. 6 oz. so you can tell which one I took better care of the diabetes!!!! Oh well, they are now 6 and 3 and doing just fine!

Gillian - thinking of you and praying that today is the day for you!

gilliandanielle said:
He told me it feels really hot in there (like temperature wise :D) since I have been pregnant, LOL!QUOTE]

Isn't it nice to know that your husband thinks you are hot even
when you are pregnant!!

gilliandanielle said:
They tried to give me Ambien when I was in the hospital but I didn't want to take it in case things progressed really quickly. I have a history of fast labors, and the last thing I wanted was to go from 2-10 and try to push while under Ambien's magical spell.

I don't remember much about taking Ambien but I do know that Lunesta
let me sleep without being "groggy" the next day. I still can wake up if
I need to. The newer sleeping aids don't work like some of the older
ones & Tylenol PM etc. And I realize the all medications can affect each
person differently. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Has the doctor said anything to you about "stripping your membrane??" I heard it is a little pain full and isn't a guarantee it will put you into full labor but it DOES work a good percentage of the time!!!

Keep up sense of humor!!! You are going to need it. Does your hubby know that you just need him to lay there?? All of us women know that even when they are asleep they are always thinking with one part!! LOL!! Even taking a shower together is REAL FAST!!!

One advantage of Ambien is some people have not idea what they are doing under the influence - You might not remember the delivery - I talked to guy at my store yesterday that had been yelling at Ford saying something was wrong with his car. He filled it up with gas and gets in the next day and there are 26 miles on his car. One evening he walked into the house of a friend and into their bedroom and started chatting with them. He has not idea he was ever there expect the friends tell him.

Well I am still here- contracting every 5-7 minutes!! I bought some castor oil yesterday but am too scared to take it. The contractions are making me miserable, but do I really want to be miserable AND stuck on the toilet? All the walking and stuff isn't doing much!

<h2>1. What are the signs of early labor?</h2><p>Early labor can be characterized by contractions that become more frequent, regular, and intense. Other signs may include a bloody show, back pain, and the breaking of the water.</p><h2>2. How did you know you were in early labor?</h2><p>I woke up with blood running down my legs and began experiencing contractions 1 minute apart lasting 1 minute. I also had a closed cervix at the time.</p><h2>3. Did you have any pain relief during early labor?</h2><p>I declined an epidural because I wanted to progress further before getting any drugs. However, I did experience hard contractions all night without any pain relief.</p><h2>4. What should you do if you are in early labor?</h2><p>If you are in early labor, it is important to stay calm and follow your healthcare provider's instructions. They may advise you to come into the hospital if your contractions become more frequent or if you experience other signs of labor. It is also important to have a support person with you during this time.</p><h2>5. What is the update on your pregnancy?</h2><p>As of now, I am 36 weeks pregnant and still undecided on whether to stay or leave Pampered Chef. I am experiencing "early labor" and will update when there is any progress or changes.</p>

Related to Early Labor Struggles: My Baby Update & 35 Week Belly Pic

1. What are the signs of early labor?

Early labor can be characterized by contractions that become more frequent, regular, and intense. Other signs may include a bloody show, back pain, and the breaking of the water.

2. How did you know you were in early labor?

I woke up with blood running down my legs and began experiencing contractions 1 minute apart lasting 1 minute. I also had a closed cervix at the time.

3. Did you have any pain relief during early labor?

I declined an epidural because I wanted to progress further before getting any drugs. However, I did experience hard contractions all night without any pain relief.

4. What should you do if you are in early labor?

If you are in early labor, it is important to stay calm and follow your healthcare provider's instructions. They may advise you to come into the hospital if your contractions become more frequent or if you experience other signs of labor. It is also important to have a support person with you during this time.

5. What is the update on your pregnancy?

As of now, I am 36 weeks pregnant and still undecided on whether to stay or leave Pampered Chef. I am experiencing "early labor" and will update when there is any progress or changes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
Replies
Views
heather223
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat