• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Use the Grill Press?

In summary, the conversation was about whether or not the grill press is a must-have or a wait-and-get-later kind of item. Some people prefer the grill press over the grill pan, as it is easier to clean and can be used with the Double Burner Grill. Others have had a harder time cleaning the grill pan, but still enjoy using it to cook chicken and other foods. Some shared their favorite recipes using the grill pan and press, such as grilled cheese and a Nutella and banana tortilla treat. Overall, the consensus was that both the grill pan and press are useful and should be used together for best results.
jesusluvsu2005
I'm probably going to get the grill pan but wondered if any of you use the grill press? Is it a must have or a wait and get later kind of thing? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda
P.S. Sorry so many questions about which things to get but I know you all have more experience with shows and what you need and can get by without. Thanks again!

I have it Amanda - but don't really use it - I know its great for Paninis etc - So my vote is - not a must have.

I actually like the grill press better than the grill pan. I use it with the DBG all the time.

I always have a hard time getting the grill pan clean - and have heard the same thing from several customers who have it, so I know it's not just me.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the grill press. I use it mostly with the Grill Pan. I am doing Colossal Chopped Salad at a few of my upcoming shows and I use both to cook the chicken as guests are arriving.

I have the grill pan but just don't use it much. When I do chicken in it I have been using the grill press and I like it but I don't know that it is a MUST have. And if you don't have teh 12" skillet I would suggest that before the grill pan also.

Hmm, that makes me concerned about the grill pan being hard to clean. Anyone else have the problem as well? Have you used the kitchen brush on it? Would that help?

I don't find the Grill Pan terribly hard to clean. It takes a little bit more effort than the other Exec pieces, but it's still easier than stainless!I use the Kitchen Brush on it and lots of hot water.

I don't find the Grill Pan hard to clean either, as I also use the Kitchen Brush on it. Gotta love that Kitchen Brush!As to the Grill Press, I haven't used mine yet and I've had it for about 6 months. I really do have to dig it out and start using it!

The grill pan cleans up beautifully! I just got the press myself and haven't had a chance to use it.

I have both the pan and the press. I always use them together. I love them, not hard to clean at all. It makes cooking chicken, pork chops, fish so much faster. If you are going to get one than get both together is my suggestion.

jesusluvsu2005 said:
Hmm, that makes me concerned about the grill pan being hard to clean. Anyone else have the problem as well? Have you used the kitchen brush on it? Would that help?
I've never had a problem cleaning it. Sure things get in the grooves, but with the ECKB (like others mentioned) it's a breeze to clean. I use it to cook chicken, pork chops, hot dogs, asparagus, corn on the cob, etc. I absolutely love it!!!
As for the grill press, thought I had to have it, so I bought it over a year ago and have yet to use it. Guess I just haven't made myself use it, so to me, it's not a necessity.

Maybe I'm too anal. I've used the kitchen brush, I've even tried a toothbrush to try and get the gunk off in between the ridges, and it takes FOREVER to scrub it clean. I am in the process of returning one for a host right now because she has had the same issues. I want it to clean as easily as the rest of the Exec. Cookware, and it just doesn't.

I use mine together all of the time. I think maybe if you haven't used it, you won't know what you're missing. But once you do, you won't go back! :D

My son and I love this!
We take salted butter and melt a small amount in the grill pan. While it's melting, spread some Nutella in a 3" circle in the center of a flour tortilla. Then slice some bananas on the Nutella. Fold it up envelope style, place in on the grill pan and grill til lightly golden on one side, flip it & do the same...and enjoy! It's our Tortatini Treat!

I make grilled cheese in the grill pan with the press for the kiddos all the time. And I have never had a problem cleaning it. I use a kitchen brush as well but not ours..only because I wear them out!

dannyzmom said:
My son and I love this!
We take salted butter and melt a small amount in the grill pan. While it's melting, spread some Nutella in a 3" circle in the center of a flour tortilla. Then slice some bananas on the Nutella. Fold it up envelope style, place in on the grill pan and grill til lightly golden on one side, flip it & do the same...and enjoy! It's our Tortatini Treat!
sounds delish!

I have both the grill pan and the press. DH mostly uses the press when he cooks bacon and sausage on the griddle. I've used it when cooking chicken breasts. I really want to make paninis with it.

Okay, you all convinced me, I'll pull it out and use it next time I use the Grill Pan. :D

ChefBeckyD said:
Maybe I'm too anal. I've used the kitchen brush, I've even tried a toothbrush to try and get the gunk off in between the ridges, and it takes FOREVER to scrub it clean. I am in the process of returning one for a host right now because she has had the same issues. I want it to clean as easily as the rest of the Exec. Cookware, and it just doesn't.

If you're using a toothbrush...then YES you are too anal :)

I use the grill pan alot for chicken and pork chops. I only use the grill press when doing pork chops for some reason. I guess to keep them from curling up (I know I can make small slices in the edges so they don't curl...I just forget until I see them curling!)

I don't consider the grill press a "must have" but I do like having 95% of the catalog so I can give personal testimonies about the products.

pamperedlinda said:
sounds delish!

I have both the grill pan and the press. DH mostly uses the press when he cooks bacon and sausage on the griddle. I've used it when cooking chicken breasts. I really want to make paninis with it.

Linda - try the Tortatini Treats with your son - it's my 6yo that loves them! My 9yo likes when I mkae 'em with bananas and peanut butter (he hates chocolate)

Since the Grill Pan does not have a lid, I used the grill press this week while
preparing Tilappia fish. It only took 3 minutes per side with slivered almonds.
It looked like a gourmet meal and was ready almost before the microwave
had the baked potato ready. I steamed asparagus, and it looked elegant on our plates. I highly recommend both items. The Paninis I have made are also
prize winners. You'd pay $6.95 in our area for one sandwich which in my mind is just a fancy grilled cheese with other fillings added. However, folks are impressed with the presentation.

for those that have a tough time getting gunk off.... I always add hot water to my pan after I take the food out and put it right back on the burner (the burner's off, but still hot enough) the hot water normally gets everything lifted from the bottom with little effort by me.

Call me crazy, but I use my grill pan and press for so many things, including hot dogs. My husband actually came up with the idea. Grilled hot dogs are just so much better than boiled ones and they really do taste better on the grill pan. I heat my press up on the burner while the pan is heating on the other. I do chicken, porkchops, quesidillas, hot dogs, burgers, paninis, grilled cheese, potatoes and even cakes. Another WONDERFUL recipe to try with the pieces is the pork loin picatta recipe that comes on the U&C card for the meat tenderizer... YUMM!!! One of my favs.
I also use mine with the DBG when I'm making several sandwiches at a time. (I have two presses and they fit great on it.)

I would say that in my opinion, YES, it is a must have!! I LOVE mine and would not give it up for anything. And I dont have a problem cleaning mine since I'm a little anal about using my spritzer on it everytime I use it. I have no problems getting it clean with the kitchen brush.

Another WONDERFUL recipe to try with the pieces is the pork loin picatta recipe that comes on the U&C card for the meat tenderizer... YUMM!!! One of my favs.

Would you mind posting that recipe - I just happened to clean out my cards and away that one went - I too don't sem to use the press often enough

RunawayChef said:
for those that have a tough time getting gunk off.... I always add hot water to my pan after I take the food out and put it right back on the burner (the burner's off, but still hot enough) the hot water normally gets everything lifted from the bottom with little effort by me.
That's a really good idea. I've been thinking about getting the grill pan and press, but keep thinking "will I really use it enough." But after hearing what you all make with yours, I have a feeling that will be on my To-Get List soon!

412683 said:
Another WONDERFUL recipe to try with the pieces is the pork loin picatta recipe that comes on the U&C card for the meat tenderizer... YUMM!!! One of my favs.

Would you mind posting that recipe - I just happened to clean out my cards and away that one went - I too don't sem to use the press often enough

All Use and Care recipes are available to print on CC.

Related to Does Anyone Use the Grill Press?

1. What is a grill press and how does it work?

A grill press is a flat, heavy tool used to press food onto a hot grill. It helps to create even heat distribution and can also be used to speed up cooking time. The weight of the press helps to flatten and sear the food, creating a crisp exterior and juicy interior.

2. Can a grill press be used on any type of grill?

Yes, a grill press can be used on any type of grill, including gas, charcoal, and electric grills. It is also suitable for use on both indoor and outdoor grills.

3. What types of foods can be cooked with a grill press?

A grill press can be used to cook a variety of foods such as burgers, steaks, chicken, vegetables, and even sandwiches. It is especially useful for foods that are thicker or tend to curl up when cooking.

4. Do I need to preheat the grill press before using it?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat the grill press before using it. This will help to ensure even heat distribution and prevent the food from sticking to the press.

5. How do I clean and maintain a grill press?

To clean a grill press, simply wipe it down with a damp cloth after each use. If there is stubborn residue, use a mild soap and water. It is important to dry the press thoroughly before storing it. To maintain the press, periodically oil the surface to prevent rusting. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on the press.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jesusluvsu2005
  • krwebster