• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is a Grill Basket and How Does it Work?

In summary, Amanda said the grill basket is awesome and doesn't make a mess. It is not lined because then you wouldn't be grilling. She often uses it to make roasted potatoes on the grill.
jesusluvsu2005
Hi everyone! I just got back from being out of town and one of my hosts had emailed the following questions for me
"some of the girls that might not be able to attend the party were wondering about the grilling basket. How does it work, how well does it work, does it make a mess on the grill, is it lined at the bottom or could be lined? Anything you could tell me about it would be great"

I don't have the basket so if y'all could help me answer her questions I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

It's awesome and does not make a mess. It makes it easier to grill items that would otherwise fall through the grate. It is not lined because then you wouldn't be grilling! I don't know what you could line it with that wouldn't catch on fire.I used mine this weekend. Cut up red and green peppers and some onions, tossed with oil, then dumped in the grill basket while the sausages were cooking. No need to turn on my stove!I often use them to make roasted potatoes on the grill, too. Same idea--cut up potatoes (I dump them in the batter bowl and fill with water and microwave for 10+ minutes first to start them cooking, then drain), toss with oil and seasonings (crushed peppercorn and garlic rub or rosemary herb are both really good here), then put on the grill while your meat is cooking.You can do anything with it!

DH LOVES the grill basket! He really likes this one b/c with our other one the handle was too long and he couldn't close the lid on the grill, this one he can. He grills shrimp and veggies in ours all the time. And, if you have the Grill It Quick cookbook, the Asian Chicken Rolls are so much easier when doen in the Grill Basket (and they are delicious!)

Oh yeah, welcome back! How was the beach?

Thanks! It was fun. We only got about an hour on the beach. It turns out the hotel wasn't on the beach so that made getting to the beach a bit harder. And due to the organized activities of the retreat it didn't allow us to spend a tremendous time on the beach. I hope to get to go back one day and spend major time on the beach. Maybe in a few years. :) I love the beach. I could just stay out there all day and listen to the waves. It's my favorite place!

1. What is the grill basket made of?

The grill basket is made of sturdy stainless steel, which makes it durable and able to withstand high temperatures on the grill.

2. How do I clean the grill basket?

To clean the grill basket, simply wash it with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge after each use. For tougher stains, you can also soak it in a mixture of hot water and baking soda before washing.

3. Can I use the grill basket on both gas and charcoal grills?

Yes, the grill basket can be used on both gas and charcoal grills. Just make sure to adjust the heat accordingly for the type of grill you are using.

4. What types of food can I cook in the grill basket?

The grill basket is great for cooking a variety of foods, including vegetables, seafood, meats, and even small fruits like berries. The basket keeps the food contained and prevents it from falling through the grill grates.

5. Is the grill basket dishwasher safe?

Yes, the grill basket is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the lifespan of the basket.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jules711
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
momoftwins
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies