• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Use Your Grill Press Often? Do I Need One?

The grill press is meant to be placed on top of the food, with the weight of the press evenly distributed across the food to prevent tipping.
dwyerkim
i am placing through an order this evening and adding a few things for myself to get me up to the $3000 June incentive level (woo-hoo!). The item in question right now is the grill press. I've never had one before but do use a grill pan frequently enough (I'm actually replacing that too with the exec. one). So do I need the press? Will I use it often? What will I use it for? (Like you all know my personal cooking habits, but work with me here!) I'm putting my order in tonight and unless hubby convinces me of something else, the grill press is it. I am also eyeing some of the simple additions pieces but honestly, I'm afraid that if I order those, they'll come out with new pieces and I'll regret buying the other ones.

I love the grill press! Whenever I sell a grill pan I really push the press. I use it mostly for chicken breasts and pork chops - the press keeps the juices in and makes it cook faster. I also use it for panini sandwiches, and even good ol' fashioned grilled cheese sandwiches.

I have the grill press and use it lots :)

I do use my grill press but not really at Partys .so if you want it for yourself then maybe. but if you want it got partys than only if you bring the Grill pan and press to partys cause I do sell them but rarlly use it ar shows

I would say get a pc of Cookware that you may not have or SD or Fored Cutlery my be a better idea

I just recently purchased one myself. I am looking forward to doing Tortatinis, found under the files section.

chef131doreen said:
I do use my grill press but not really at Partys .so if you want it for yourself then maybe. but if you want it got partys than only if you bring the Grill pan and press to partys cause I do sell them but rarlly use it ar shows

I would say get a pc of Cookware that you may not have or SD or Fored Cutlery my be a better idea

Yeah, I was thinking I probably wouldn't bring it to parties unless I was going to cook with it or the host requested I bring it. It looks heavy, and usually I just bring my tiny saute pan to show off the cookware. I have the exec. cookware 12 pieces, so I really don't need any other cookware right now plus I only need to spend $25 to get me to $3000, so cookware is a bit more pricey. And I agree, love the forged cutlery but have all that too (are you seeing a trend here! ;)

Yep, think I'll get the grill press. And maybe I can get some people to do the tortatini shows in the fall when people are more in the mood for indoor cooking and warm food.

Panini pressI actually got a really cool Panini press from a friend as a house warming gift from Williams Sonoma and I can't imagine using anything else for panini's. It warms up the top and bottom of my press so both sides are browned at the same time and the inside is melted and yummy!!

This grill press just doesn't work the same. I did try it once but didn't like the results.

Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
I actually got a really cool Panini press from a friend as a house warming gift from Williams Sonoma and I can't imagine using anything else for panini's. It warms up the top and bottom of my press so both sides are browned at the same time and the inside is melted and yummy!!

This grill press just doesn't work the same. I did try it once but didn't like the results.

I was wondering about that... do you heat the grill press in the pan while you're heating the pan? Or does it just keep things flat but not cook them?

Yep
dwyerkim said:
I was wondering about that... do you heat the grill press in the pan while you're heating the pan? Or does it just keep things flat but not cook them?

It will just keep things flat but won't cook them. You have to flip the food over and then continue to grill it to get both sides brown.

Here is what the use and care card says:

Add food to pan and place Grill Press on food. Press down lightly to secure. Evenly distribute weight of press across food to preventing tipping. Note: To minimize chipping, Grill Press should not have contact with side walls of pan. Choose an appropriately sized pan.
Food should be turned half-way through cook time. Using protective oven mitt or pad, lift press. Turn food, reposition press and complete cooking.

dianevill said:
I love the grill press! Whenever I sell a grill pan I really push the press. I use it mostly for chicken breasts and pork chops - the press keeps the juices in and makes it cook faster. I also use it for panini sandwiches, and even good ol' fashioned grilled cheese sandwiches.

I agree Diane - the press is a MUST when the Grill Pan is purchased.

You can also push it by itself - my hubby uses it on the BBQ all the time.

Huh, didn't know you could use it on the BBQ. Good idea!

PCGINA said:
You can also push it by itself - my hubby uses it on the BBQ all the time.

It says in the Use & Care or PIG (can't remember which) that it is not designed to be used on outdoor BBQ grills. So don't be surprised when the enamel starts flaking off....

Mine gets used at the restaurant on the grill. We use it on top of hamburgers, bacon, chicken breasts and steaks. It is basically a weight. I didn't realize you could purchase them that would cook the top of the food. I have only heard of them being used as weights.

I dragged my feet about getting the grill pan & press -- then I had a SLEW of individual orders that I put together and submitted as a show a few months back and was able to get myself the Grill Pan and the Grill Press. Theyliterally have yet to leave my stove. I use them every single day...'
Grill cheese sammies for the kids
Cheese Quesadillas
Chicken tortatinis
Pork tenderloin tortatinis
Nutella & banana dessert tortatinis...
the list goes on & on

I LOVE it and use it at least once a week. If you buy the grill pan you have to get the press. It is very heavy so I have never used it at a show.... but I do sell a lot of both the pan and press

Well, I did order it and the press--submitted a $600+ show that I hosted so I have tons of free stuff and half priced goodies coming my way. And I did make 3K in June by adding in the grill press for myself, woo-hoo, more free stuff!

I do wonder though, if you set the grill pan to preheat and put the press in it, will the press also heat? maybe not enough to cook something through, but enough to put sear marks on it?

I have never sold one, but use mine occasionally. Now that I have seen more ideas for pork chops & checken breasts i'll try that too. I also use mine with leftover baked potatoes. I slice them thick lengthwise, pritz w/garlic oil & season with whatever is hitting my mood. then I place them in the GP & cover w/the press for a few min. I flip & repeat. Then I top the taters w/cheese & what's suiting my mood or what's leftover, cover with the 12" skillet cover & let the cheese melt. Sumetimes I'll put them under the broiler, but not in anything PC.

Obviously I didn't check my spelling!

I think you will be glad you got the grill press.

Congrats on getting to $3,000. I will only get to $1,500, but at least I'll get some free stuff!

Chef Endora said:
Obviously I didn't check my spelling!

I think you will be glad you got the grill press.

Congrats on getting to $3,000. I will only get to $1,500, but at least I'll get some free stuff!
Your grilled potatoes sound yummy, great way to use leftover baked potatoes! And congratulations on $1,500 ! Yeah free stuff! Can you tell I'm a sucker for the word free? ;)

I warm the grill press first. Place it on the pan, turn the heat on Med-low or 5 min. Now cook.

I've tried chicken breasts both with and w/o preheating the press. Preheating makes the press wonderful , not preheating makes it a "what does this thing do?".

I use and sell lots of grill presses. It also fits in the family skillet, so mention and show that too. I love making 3 minute grilled cheeses and paninis. I use it to grill everything quicker (in my pans) ~ veggies, meat, quesadillas. I think it's awesome! It's an easy sell when they buy a $100 pan, to say and for only $30 you can get the grill press too. I love it.

its_me_susan said:
I use and sell lots of grill presses. It also fits in the family skillet, so mention and show that too.

NO!!! Don't use it in the Family Skillet!!! You will ruin your pan. The corners rub on the sides and your customers will be SO unhappy when their pan is all scratched up.

DebbieJ said:
NO!!! Don't use it in the Family Skillet!!! You will ruin your pan. The corners rub on the sides and your customers will be SO unhappy when their pan is all scratched up.
Someone from HO said they destroyed a couple of Family Skillets testing the grill press. It's just a little too big to fit into that pan without scratching.

But you can use it on the Griddles.

I store my grill pan and grill press with one of our Hot Pad/Trivets between them. It keeps the press from scratching the pan when we are traveling in our RV, and it also guarantees that I have a hot pad where I can find it to use with the grill pan.

I know this is after your order has probably gone in, but just another add-on idea for cross-selling. I always suggest the hot pad trivet when folks purchase any of our cookware, and tell the story of one hostess who burned the palm of her hand on the hanging loop of our new Executive Cookware because she did not use the hot pad trivets I had placed along side of her stove, when I put the Family Skillet in her oven to bake the turtle cake recipe. Fortunately, she was a nurse, and had ointment and gauze handy to do the emergency first aide with.

I LOVE my press. I do not use it that often but I love it when I do. I love that is makes the food cook quicker when I use it. And it does great for keeping my hamburgers from puffing up.

thanks for the additional ideas... just got in from out of town and my order is here so I may get to play with it tonight! :)

chefann said:
Someone from HO said they destroyed a couple of Family Skillets testing the grill press. It's just a little too big to fit into that pan without scratching.

But you can use it on the Griddles.

Ok thank you!

1. How do I use a grill press?

A grill press is typically used to flatten meats such as burgers, chicken breasts, or steaks while cooking on the grill. Simply place the press on top of the meat while it cooks and it will help to evenly distribute heat and create grill marks.

2. Can I use a grill press for vegetables?

While a grill press is primarily used for flattening meats, it can also be used for grilling vegetables. Just be sure to use a non-stick spray or oil to prevent sticking.

3. Do I need to preheat the grill press?

It is recommended to preheat the grill press along with your grill to ensure even cooking. However, if you do not preheat, simply allow the press to heat up on the grill for a few minutes before using.

4. Can I use a grill press on a stovetop?

Yes, a grill press can be used on a stovetop as well. Just be sure to use a flat cooking surface, such as a griddle or cast iron skillet, and preheat the press along with the surface.

5. How do I clean a grill press?

Cleaning a grill press is simple and easy. Allow it to cool completely, then wash with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Dry thoroughly before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • SonyaVerrillo