• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grill Press: Benefits, Usage, and Opinions from Real Users

Thank you for posting this. I always forget to get the grill press out, but I'll definitely remember to get it next time I'm at Aladdin's!
krwebster
Gold Member
Do any of you all use the grill press? I ordered the grill pan but didn't get the press (yet).

How do you use it?
Do you like it?

Thanks for all the info~
Kris

Re: Gill Press UsesGotta say...when I first saw this post, I wondered if we had a product for cooking fish!

Re: Gill Press UsesI do not use the grill press as much as I thought I would. At one time, I made a lot of chicken- portobello panini's, but I have not made them in awhile. Every so often, I get on a panini kick- and I use the press then.

I use the grill press whne frying bacon, making sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs and sausages.

Does the press turn your grill pan into a foreman?I was kind of thinking it might at least trap the heat in.

I used it in the beginning but do not now. I do not like cleaning it.

I use it for making grilled ham and cheese and just plain grilled cheese sandwiches. Yummy!

It does hold the heat in a little. But more than that, it holds the food down on the cooking surface for more contact.

I love it. Can't imagine having a grill pan without using one. Actually I can. I had the executive grill pan without and found that it wasn't cooking food the way I wanted it cooked. Got the press and food takes about 1/2 the time to cook with it. I use it nearly everyday.

What kind of bread do you use when making panini's? I've been wanting to try some but I don't know what kind of bread to buy. I know...probably a dumb question!!

Anything works, really. I used regular soft wheat bread (the squishy kind) from the grocery store the other day. But my favorite is a nice solid sourdough, like from Panera.

I figured I should post this since I've been enjoying it for a few days now. Thanks for the great ideas on this thread though! I think there is another thread out there about the grill pan itself that has a lot of ideas too, fyi. Anyway, we have a wonderful restaurant around here called Aladdin's Eatery, middle eastern food, very yummy. I think it's a franchise, so, there may be some in other states too. I digress AGAIN. My favorite thing to get there is called a Spicy Kahfta (sp?) Rolled Pita. I don't really know what all is in it, but I've started making my own version now. I make some sort of beef roast and slice it up into sandwich pieces. Place the pieces on a pita with some feta cheese, tomatoes if you wish and hot sauce (I actually buy a big container of it from Aladdin's, haven't tried with the red hot kind). Roll up two sides of the pita, then the other two sides. Place on heated grill pan, top with grill press. Cook a few minutes, until grill marks form. Flip and press and cook again a few minutes. Enjoy!

Oops, forgot I usually spread hummus down first. But, since I forgot it on my sandwich today, I forgot about it. The original version doesn't have it either. But, it's a yummy addition.

I've only used it for paninis, but I'm still glad I have it!

I think you could put anything in pitas, roll them up like I said above and grill it up. Soooo yummy! I really don't use mine much because I don't remember to get it out, but when I do, I use it for several weeks straight because I go crazy finding things to make into sandwiches!

What is a grill press and how is it used?

A grill press is a heavy, flat kitchen tool used for pressing down on food while it is being cooked on a grill or stovetop. It can also be used to flatten foods like burgers or paninis while they cook. Simply place the press on top of the food and press down gently.

Can a grill press be used on any type of grill?

Yes, a grill press can be used on any type of grill, including gas, charcoal, and electric grills. Just make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper use and care.

What are the benefits of using a grill press?

The main benefit of using a grill press is that it helps to evenly cook food by pressing out any unevenness in thickness. It also helps to create those sought-after grill marks and can speed up cooking time by pressing food closer to the heat source.

Can a grill press be used for both meat and vegetables?

Yes, a grill press can be used for both meat and vegetables. It can help to cook vegetables more evenly and prevent them from falling through the grill grates. Just make sure to adjust the heat and cooking time accordingly for different types of food.

How should a grill press be cleaned and stored?

To clean a grill press, simply wipe it down with a damp cloth after each use. For tougher stains, use a mild soap and water. Make sure to dry the press thoroughly before storing it. Store it in a dry place, away from heat and moisture, to prevent rusting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JanisF
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • gailz2
  • Products and Tips
Replies