• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Master Your Grill Pan & Press: Tips for Perfectly Grilled Chicken

In summary, the director recommends brushing the oil onto the chicken before preheating, not directly on the pan. If the pan is already preheated, adding oil will cause a smokey mess. He recommends using a lower heat setting on the stove and checking the pan after cooking for burnt residue.
SonyaVerrillo
I'm wondering what I may be doing wrong...I smoke up my kitchen every time I try to use the grill pan! :confused: I have my stove set at 7.5 (out of 10) and I preheat the grill pan & press before adding the chicken. Does anyone else have this problem? I certainly don't want to smoke out guests at a show, so I guess I won't be doing CYW until I perfect my technique. Any suggestions?

Maybe you should turn down the heat and see how it is afterwards, have you ever done it w/o preheating it? I usually have my stove set at about 4 or 5, esp if I preheat..and not for very long. Sounds like you are just overheating.

that sounds WAY too hot. It should be at medium heat. Try it at 5.

Thanks! I'll try it!

I got an email from a director who said (via Jillian Grant) to make sure you are brushing the oil on the CHICKEN, and NOT directly on the pan before it preheats or you'd have a smoking pan.

DebbieJ said:
that sounds WAY too hot. It should be at medium heat. Try it at 5.

Totally agree! I would be using about an 8 to boil water on your stove, not cooking chicken.

Yes if you put the oil on the pan you are preheating the oil which makes for a smokey mess. Also, I have a glass top range and mine is def hot enough at no higher than 5.

Has anyone ever forgot their pan on the burner and had the reminents of cooking burn to the pan? I forgot the other day when I made a Boca burger in my grill pan to turn off the burner when I was done and I'm having a hard time getting the 'stuff' out from in the grooves.

Any recommendations?

Melissa78 said:
I'm having a hard time getting the 'stuff' out from in the grooves.

Any recommendations?

Have you tried soaking the grill pan in hot soapy water for 10-15 minutes then using a dish brush .. where's my catalog? That's what I do and everything cleans up easily and quickly.

Melissa78 said:
Yes if you put the oil on the pan you are preheating the oil which makes for a smokey mess. Also, I have a glass top range and mine is def hot enough at no higher than 5.

Has anyone ever forgot their pan on the burner and had the reminents of cooking burn to the pan? I forgot the other day when I made a Boca burger in my grill pan to turn off the burner when I was done and I'm having a hard time getting the 'stuff' out from in the grooves.

Any recommendations?

Try using dishwasher detergent with hot water for an overnight soak.

Thanks! It's soaking now. :)

Great tip on the oil, i don't remember if I added oil to the pan, but i know my house was smoking as i made the chicken! All i could think, was i'm not smoking up a customer's house. Could you imagine - smoking up the house lol - oh, not so good. :)

I made it last night, and put the oil on the chicken. Pan was preheating (dry)...I did not have any smoke problems. Heated over about the setting #6 on my burner.

1. How do I properly season my grill pan and press?

To season your grill pan and press, start by washing them with warm soapy water and drying them completely. Then, use a paper towel to rub a thin layer of oil (such as vegetable or canola oil) all over the surfaces of the pan and press. Place them in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour, then let them cool before using. Repeat this process periodically to maintain a non-stick surface.

2. Can I use my grill pan and press on a gas stove?

Yes, our grill pan and press are versatile and can be used on gas, electric, and even outdoor grills. Just make sure to follow the same instructions for seasoning and preheating before use.

3. How do I clean my grill pan and press?

To clean your grill pan and press, use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth and hot soapy water. Avoid using sharp utensils or metal scrubbers, as they can damage the non-stick surface. If there are any stubborn food particles, you can soak the pan and press in warm water for a few minutes before cleaning.

4. Can I cook with my grill pan and press in the oven?

Yes, our grill pan and press are oven-safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes them perfect for finishing dishes in the oven or for making paninis and other pressed sandwiches. Just be sure to use oven mitts when handling the hot pan and press.

5. How do I prevent my food from sticking to the grill pan and press?

To prevent sticking, make sure to fully preheat your grill pan and press before adding your food. You can also lightly oil the surface of the pan and press before cooking. Avoid using cooking sprays, as they can cause a buildup on the pan and affect its non-stick properties. Additionally, make sure to not overcrowd the pan with food, as this can cause uneven cooking and sticking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JanisF
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • shelly.nurse
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
deanna_g
Replies