• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discovering Our Neighbors: From Angier to Raleigh, NC"

In summary, people from the North Carolina area are most likely to live in Raleigh and Carey. Born in Walla Walla, people from the area now live in the Albany, OR area.
I love this thread, so interesting!!
I was born/raised in Arlington, TX (home of the TX Rangers and soon to be home of the new Cowboys stadium), and now I live in Mansfield, which is one city south of Arlington.
**Please note that I HATE change and MUST be within 15-20 minutes of my parents at all times!!! (sad, yes, I know!!)

pampcheflisa said:
I was born/raised in Arlington, TX (home of the TX Rangers and soon to be home of the new Cowboys stadium), and now I live in Mansfield, which is one city south of Arlington.
**Please note that I HATE change and MUST be within 15-20 minutes of my parents at all times!!! (sad, yes, I know!!)

LOL - you sound just like my DH.

Born in Geneva, New York, and now live in Trumansburg, NY (in the heart of the Finger Lakes, oh so beautiful!!) which is near Ithaca, NY (home of Cornell University and Ithaca College). I've lived here for 34 years and love it.

Born in Geneva, NY, now live in Trumansburg, NY in the heart of the Finger Lakes Region. It is beautiful here now, everyone travels here to look at the leaves changing color.

kcjodih said:
Teresa, what does the bottom part of the tombstone say? Sorry, but I can't read it and really want to ;):)

It says ' Her Humor Lives On '

:chef:

Tammy! My dad lives in Snow Flake AZ!

Small world!

Born in Bellfower CA and now live in Temecula, by way of The OC for most of my life.

Last edited:
Born in Tallahassee, FL 32308, now in Monticello 32344...small town...:)

Born in Bisbee, AZ (7 miles from US/Mexican border), raised and currently reside in Cassadaga, NY (the buckle of the snowbelt, however the leaves are beautiful this time of year!).

I am originally from Akron, OH and still live there ... I am within shouting distance of Kellythechef and can wave at Buckeyefan when I am at work ... and knew neither of them before I came here.

I was born in Detroit, MI, raised in Flint and Flushing (suburb of Flint), MI...went to college in Big Rapids, MI...while in college, I went to Durham, NC for a 6 month internship, moved to Key Largo FL in '95, then after I married (married a Jamaican...but never have been there!), we lived in Homestead, FL....moved to Atlanta, GA in 2001, and have been in Brunswick, GA since 2005 (It is VERY southern here for a midwestern girl!) I am surprised I have never heard of that acronym before! (CARY)Trina

PCJenni said:
Tammy! My dad lives in Snow Flake AZ!

Small world!

Born in Bellfower CA and now live in Temecula, by way of The OC for most of my life.

Jenni, I didn't know it even snowed in AZ until I moved here so the first time I saw the the name "Snowflake" I laughed. Very small town. I had to stay there once 4th of July when all the hotels in Show Low were booked. Funny about Show Low its named after a poker hand and the main street is "Deuce of Clubs" and people make fun of Vegas!

pampcheflisa said:

I think that is wonderful! My Dad died 26 years ago while I was 5 months pregnant with my DD who never knew him. My Mom died 11-1/2 years ago and I lived within 5 miles of her till the last 6 months when DD and I moved in to stay with her mainly at night. I would LOVE to be so close to them both still!

Born in Alleghany County, New York. Raised in the middle of nowhere in PA, and then moved to rural area in Maryland, not quite sure about this county!!!

I am a northern Californian born and raised. I grew up in Pleasant Hill/Martinez, CA (close to San Francisco) and moved to the greater Sacramento Area about 5 years ago. Any other Nor Calies here?

Simply a Colorado native with no plans to move!!!

TammyStar said:
I'm in Lake Havasu City AZ

My sister lives there!

I was born in Jefferson City Missouri. Since then I have moved to Sidney Ohio. From there I moved to Portland Ohio, back to Sidney Ohio, to Spotsylvania Virginia, back to Sidney Ohio, to Edmond Oklahoma back to Sidney Ohio & now in Huntington Indiana for 21 years! Unfortunately my hubby will probably never leave here.

TammyStar said:
Jenni, I didn't know it even snowed in AZ until I moved here so the first time I saw the the name "Snowflake" I laughed. Very small town. I had to stay there once 4th of July when all the hotels in Show Low were booked. Funny about Show Low its named after a poker hand and the main street is "Deuce of Clubs" and people make fun of Vegas!

Tammy, did you know that SnowFlake is actualy named after the 2 people who founded the town... not the fact that is snows there? 2 men, a Mr. Snow and a Mr. Flake founded the town and probably thought it was funny to name the town after themselves! Yes it is a small town. My Dad owns The Ranch House Saloon. So, stop in and say hi to Pat Schroeder sometime!

Arizona is a funny state. There is a lot of ironic names there and people who enjoy their personal freedoms.

Jessie Jolly said:
Berlin, MD (Worcester County) - born, raised and still here today!

I live 4 miles from my parent's home, 1/4 mile from my husband's parents and 1 mile from my work!

Berlin is about 8 miles from the popular tourist location - Ocean City, MD. We enjoy the beach after the summer season when the tourists go home!

I grew up going to Ocean City, MD every summer and have an Uncle whose parents lived there for many years. Their last name was Thurlow, doubt you know them, but great place to go!!! LOVE the boardwalk!!

I was born and raised in Clarksburg, WV, moved to Fairmont, WV for college, then to Morgantown, WV, then to Hickory, NC and still live there. I would love to move back home though, my parents aren't getting any younger!!!!

Stampaholic1961 said:
My sister lives there!

I was born in Jefferson City Missouri. Since then I have moved to Sidney Ohio. From there I moved to Portland Ohio, back to Sidney Ohio, to Spotsylvania Virginia, back to Sidney Ohio, to Edmond Oklahoma back to Sidney Ohio & now in Huntington Indiana for 21 years! Unfortunately my hubby will probably never leave here.

Hey Bev,
Funny thing about Lake Havasu was the only 2 things I knew about it was thats where "Girls Gone Wild" videos show lots of females showing there "tata's" during spring break and don't swim in the water because the amoebas or bacteria get in your brain through your ears and you can die!

yes my home state of Arizona is pretty crazy huh?

I was born and raised in The Berkshires part of Massachusetts (Western part of the state). I did live in West Palm Beach, Florida for about 5 years of my life in elementary school, and then we moved back to MA. Later on in my early 20's, I lived in Waterbury, CT for about 8 months, and then it was back to the Berkshires. My DH, our kids and I moved to the Piedmont Triad area of North Carolina in May 2006, due to DH job relocation. I enjoy it here, but I think my husband would consider moving back home if he ever lost his job. (He is the baby of 7, and they all live near each other in MA). I do miss the beauty, and the small town feeling of the Berkshires as well as my family, but have made some great friendships here.

I was raised in Chardon, OH and then moved to Mentor, OH. I am about 1 hour from Kellythechef and Di Can Cook.

I hope to move out of state at some point, most likely to NC or SC. (Depends on where I can find a teaching job.)

Born and raised in Sacramento, California. Now I live in Roseville, CA.

I proudly wore the US Army uniform for 1 year in Colorado, 4 years in North Carolina 2 years in Germany and 1 year in Georgia and 1 year in Kentucky.

I loved all the states I lived in. Ain't this country great!!! (When I was stationed in Germany for 2 years and hadn't had a leave once, it was such an emotional homecoming)

pcchefjane said:
I think that is wonderful! My Dad died 26 years ago while I was 5 months pregnant with my DD who never knew him. My Mom died 11-1/2 years ago and I lived within 5 miles of her till the last 6 months when DD and I moved in to stay with her mainly at night. I would LOVE to be so close to them both still!

I am VERY, VERY lucky to have the parents I do. I try very hard not to take it for granted, they are wonderful people. They see my two boys several times a week and help us out so much. I talk to my mom every single day, and I wouldn't have it any other way!!!
(p.s - my in laws are a different story!!!)

babywings76 said:
Born in New Jersey. College in Utah. Husband's grad school in Omaha, NE, so we lived in Council Bluffs, IA. Husband's first job was in Ironton, OH, so we lived in Ashland, KY. Now we live in Lancaster County, PA. :)

What college was it in UT?

I am oroganally from UT and currently live in NV want to move back to UT so bad.

Born in Granada Hills, CA and grew up in Reseda, CA (southern California) I have been in Lodi, CA (northern California) for 18 years.

LOL ok...Born in Mexico grew up in every state east of the Mississippi and west of Ohio from Illinois and Michigan to Louisiana and Florida, graduated high school in Southern Illinois then lived in Chicago for 8 years... Am now an army wife so have lived in New Orleans for 2 1/2 years then to East TN then to Ft.Bragg, NC (nasty place to live) and now in Ft. Campbell, KY (well we live in town not on post so we are in TN) My parents moved where the work was and now the Army tells me where to live so I dont forsee me living in any one place for too long for the next 9 years!

Born and raised in VA. Started out in Alexandria and we moved our way south to Spotsylvania--(my mom always said she was trying to get away from the drug problems, of course she just kept on moving south, now she is in Florida where it all starts!!) I also hate change, we have been in our house 25 years and I don't have plans on moving. I always tell my kids that when I die they can just burn me in the garden out back (although they will need to check the burn laws depending on the time of year!)

Born in Neenah, WI (not where I grew up, but that's where the hospital was!) and now living in Sun Prairie, WI.

<h2>1. Where is Angier, NC located?</h2><p>Angier, NC is a small town located in the southern part of Wake County, North Carolina. It is approximately 20 miles south of Raleigh, the state capital.</p><h2>2. What is the population of Angier, NC?</h2><p>As of 2021, the estimated population of Angier, NC is 5,300 people.</p><h2>3. How far is Raleigh, NC from Angier?</h2><p>The distance between Raleigh, NC and Angier, NC is approximately 20 miles, which takes about 30 minutes to drive.</p><h2>4. What is the main industry in Angier, NC?</h2><p>Agriculture is the main industry in Angier, NC. The town is known for its large strawberry fields and annual strawberry festival.</p><h2>5. What sports team is popular in Raleigh, NC?</h2><p>The Carolina Hurricanes, a professional ice hockey team, is popular in Raleigh, NC. They play at the PNC Arena in downtown Raleigh.</p>

1. Where is Angier, NC located?

Angier, NC is a small town located in the southern part of Wake County, North Carolina. It is approximately 20 miles south of Raleigh, the state capital.

2. What is the population of Angier, NC?

As of 2021, the estimated population of Angier, NC is 5,300 people.

3. How far is Raleigh, NC from Angier?

The distance between Raleigh, NC and Angier, NC is approximately 20 miles, which takes about 30 minutes to drive.

4. What is the main industry in Angier, NC?

Agriculture is the main industry in Angier, NC. The town is known for its large strawberry fields and annual strawberry festival.

5. What sports team is popular in Raleigh, NC?

The Carolina Hurricanes, a professional ice hockey team, is popular in Raleigh, NC. They play at the PNC Arena in downtown Raleigh.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
RuthV
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Shawnna
Replies