• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

North Carolina Consultants! - Fresh Produce to Your Door- Yummm!!

In summary, there is a company called The Produce Box in North Carolina that delivers fresh, in-season produce directly to your door. They offer a variety of fruits and vegetables and compare their prices to farmer's markets and supermarkets. They also provide a weekly newsletter with tips and recipes. They currently serve many areas in the Raleigh/Durham and Charlotte/Mooresville regions, and are open to adding more locations. Customers can choose from a selection of boxes and can order additional items. The delivery is made every Friday and customers can put out an empty box and a cooler with ice for the produce to be dropped off at their door. Many customers have been satisfied with the service and recommend giving it a try.
esavvymom
Staff member
Ok. I have to brag on this company a bit ( I do not get anything in exchange for my post). If you love this time of year with fresh produce, but don't always make it to the Farmer's Market like you would like, you may be interested in this. Sorry for those of you NOT in NC but you may not want to read the rest of this post otherwise your mouth may start watering and you'll get mad at me ;)....I can only give testimonial to what I know. :)For North Carolina folks, there is a company called The Produce Box. They deliver TO YOUR DOOR a box of produce with in-season, just picked this week, goodies. YUM. Just had a handful of blueberries from this past box. We ate sweet corn, fresh tomatoes this week so far too. Anyway, you can't beat it! I pay about $22 per week for a box of good stuff, and they've done their homework and price comparison with the farmer's market and supermarkets, and it's about the same prices (they give a weekly newsletter with tips, info, recipes, etc - and she mentioned it in one newsletter article awhile back)- and that wasn't counting the time to go GET your own produce, vs being delivered.This webpage gives the towns (down to which neighborhoods in each of the towns) that they currently provide service to. If your town is on the list, but not your neighborhood, you can just send them a Contact/Email and maybe they'll add it soon. http://www.theproducebox.com/service-area.php I see nearly all of the towns in the Raleigh/Durham area (even lots of little ones, like Apex, my little town of Rolesville, Cary), and then I see Winston-Salem, some areas in Charlotte/Mooresville. So the BIGGEST areas are the Triangle towns. They also have stuff in Wilmington, but that's a different site to log in, so I can't see the list of neighborhoods.Here are the fruits/veggies (and they work hard to make sure they are all NC grown produce (we have so much stuff! Love that!).SPRING BOXES
Cabbage
Spinach
Lettuces
Strawberries
Sweet Potatoes
Fresh Herbs
Honey
Spring Onions
BroccoliSUMMER BOXES
Blueberries
Blackberries
Peaches
Melons
Fresh Corn
Pears
Snap Beans
Field Peas
Snap/Snow Peas
Texas Onions
FALL BOXES
Apples
Persimmons
KIWI fruit
Melons
Spinach
Lettuces/Cabbage
Carrots
Broccoli
GarlicEvery Friday, I get an email, and have to let them know which box I want to order (I can choose form usually 4, and can order extras of any of them, plus extra fruit when available). I confirm my order, they charge my credit card. I put out my empty box from last week on my delivery day, and right now, I also put out a cooler w/ice. They drop it off at my door and I have lots of goodies. :)

I've been using them for a few months now and I'm very pleased. If you like fresh produce, give it a shot! :)

Wow, that sounds amazing! I've been wanting to eat more fresh produce, but it's so hard to make it to the farmer's market every week. This sounds like the perfect solution! I love that they deliver right to your door and that they have a good variety of fruits and veggies. And the fact that they prioritize using locally grown produce is a huge plus. I'll definitely have to check them out. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

1. What types of produce are available through the North Carolina Consultants program?

The North Carolina Consultants program offers a variety of fresh produce, including fruits, vegetables, herbs, and more. The specific offerings may vary depending on the season and availability.

2. How often are deliveries made through the North Carolina Consultants program?

Deliveries are made once a week on a designated day, typically on Wednesdays. This ensures that you receive the freshest produce possible.

3. Can I customize my produce order with the North Carolina Consultants program?

Yes, you can customize your produce order by selecting which items you would like to receive each week. You can also choose to skip a week or make changes to your order as needed.

4. Are the produce items organic?

The majority of the produce offered through the North Carolina Consultants program is locally sourced and grown using organic practices. However, not all items may be certified organic.

5. Is there a minimum order requirement for the North Carolina Consultants program?

Yes, there is a minimum order requirement of $25 for each delivery. This helps us to ensure that we can provide the highest quality and freshest produce to our customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
  • Liquid Sky
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat