• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discovering the Joy of Living on a Friendly Cul-de-Sac | My Amazing Neighbors

In summary, the author loved her cul-de-sac and had a great day today. She helped a neighbor unload food, talked to her, and then helped her neighbor next to her with a surprise party for her mother. She also mentioned that she has great neighbors that she loves.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
I feel like I've been whiny-complainey too much lately!! Today, though, I get to share how much I love the cul-de-sac in which I live!!

I did a Yard Sale/Vendor Show today, and when I got home our neighbor was out gardening. We talked for a few minutes (that family is rarely home, so we don't get to spend much time together), and she said she was going to trim some of her trees, and did I want her to work on our overgrown bushes while she had the electric trimmer out? So, you've heard of garden parties? Well, we had a gardening party!! I think Carolyn had too much fun with the power tool, haha, but those bushes look alot better, AND I can walk on my walkway without being attacked by outreaching branches! I raked and bagged, and we talked. Then, the neighbor on the other side of our house pulled into my driveway, and I helped her unload food into my house, because she's planning a surprise party for her mother tomorrow (her Mom just turned 81!).

While I was thinking about how great our neighbors are, I remembered last summer when we were having our hardwood floors installed. A neighbor down the street came to check them out, and was here when I realized we couldn't close the bathroom door, because the threshhold had to be changed, and it was now to hight. Ray removed that door, as well as the one to one of the bedrooms, took them down to his house (on his motorized golf cart - too funny!), trimmed them, came back, and hung them up. All for nothing but a thank you!

I know not everyone gets along with their neighbors, or, in some cases, even know their names. It just makes me so much more grateful for God to have planted us in this house.

You are indeed lucky to have such a great neighborhood that pulls together when needed. With all the bedroom communities we live in now days, it is nice when connections are made. Perhaps you could have a "neighbor appreciation" open house with all the PC items!

So nice to hear a positive neighbor story!!!! Yes, there are some great neighbors still around.

I have a retired high school principal living next door on one side and on the other a young couple and their three LOUD children. While there are days that I shut the doors and windows so I can relax w/o hearing the kids yelling, screaming, crying and playing it is nice to have great neighbors and I know they would help me out if I needed something!!

Meanwhile, across the street lives one of my bestest friends and over the summer one of my other bestest friends moved into an apartment across the street. So I know what you mean about great neighbors!!

It is good to love your neighbors... Our self proclaimed "favorite neighbor" has no boundaries for the items he needs to borrow from my husband. He gets everything he needs for his elaborate home improvement projects except for the tools. A Drill, hammer, ladder, tape, rope, batteries, screwdrivers, lightbulbs.... you name it; he comes down and borrows from my husband.. Its now a joke between myself and my husband about what he will ask to borrow next. :D

1. What is "Discovering the Joy of Living on a Friendly Cul-de-Sac | My Amazing Neighbors" all about?

"Discovering the Joy of Living on a Friendly Cul-de-Sac | My Amazing Neighbors" is a cookbook filled with delicious recipes and heartwarming stories from the author's experiences living on a friendly cul-de-sac.

2. Are the recipes in this cookbook easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in this cookbook are designed to be simple and easy to follow, even for beginner cooks. They use everyday ingredients and include step-by-step instructions with helpful tips and tricks.

3. How many recipes are included in this cookbook?

There are over 50 recipes in "Discovering the Joy of Living on a Friendly Cul-de-Sac | My Amazing Neighbors" ranging from appetizers and main dishes to desserts and drinks. There is something for everyone to enjoy!

4. Are there any dietary restrictions or special considerations for the recipes in this cookbook?

The recipes in this cookbook are designed to be enjoyed by all, regardless of dietary restrictions. There are options for vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free diets, as well as tips for substitutions and modifications.

5. Can I purchase "Discovering the Joy of Living on a Friendly Cul-de-Sac | My Amazing Neighbors" in stores?

Currently, this cookbook is only available for purchase through Pampered Chef consultants. However, you can easily find a consultant in your area or order online through their website. Happy cooking and neighborly bonding!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • rebeccastt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rebeccastt
  • julesh
  • General Chat
Replies