• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Country Neighbors: Hilarious Introduction to Daughter's Boyfriend

In summary, my neighbor told his daughter's boyfriend that he didn't want to have to shoot him and when the boy came to meet him, he said the same thing.
amy07
I live in the c-o-u-n-t-r-y and it is pretty rare to actually see/speak to our neighbors on a regular basis. We really like the family that lives closest to us. They are blessed musically and DH & I love when they invite us over to listen to them practice.
Anyways, their daughter is now in high school - a sophomore. Her dad just told me today that she has a boyfriend. Now, keep in mind that she has been/is the apple of his eye. (Aside from when she was 13. Then he said that he didn't know what God was thinking when HE made 13-year old girls:rolleyes:). So, he was telling me that when THE boy came to the house to meet them, he (my neighbor) told this poor kid, "Ya know, I hope you don't ever make me have to shoot you. I don't want to. But I will!" He (my neighbor) said the boy was stuttering and stuck out his hand, "No sir! You don't have to worry. You will not have to shoot me". For some reason, when I picture this introduction, it just cracks me up! I'm sure his poor daughter was not the least bit amused!

Hahaha!
Sounds like my DH about our UNBORN daughter...

eeek i'd hate to see his reaction in that situation :eek:

I always joke that MOM will be cleaning the guns when DD's first date comes to visit. ...and I WILL be reminding him that Mom is a much better shot than Dad. I killed 2 deer with one bullet on my first trip hunting. ;)

My DH has already promised my girls (they're 6.5 & 4) that every boy will have to pass inspection while he's (DH) cleaning his gun. :)

He likes to borrow a statement from Jeff Foxworthy - 'It's ok for my daughter's boyfriends to think that I'm slightly unstable'. And 'Boy, I don't mind going BACK to prison for my daughter'. :D

My father had a shotgun behind our front door and all my boyfriends knew it.

janetupnorth said:
I always joke that MOM will be cleaning the guns when DD's first date comes to visit. ...and I WILL be reminding him that Mom is a much better shot than Dad. I killed 2 deer with one bullet on my first trip hunting. ;)

ditto at our house too!

I already tell my DH that we need to be praying for our daughter's future spouse now! One, because we should, but secondly because the man will need all the help he can get in dealing with her. She is a D-I-V-A! Of course, what I hear about some of the girls these days our DS's dates may need that talk too when it comes to my boys!;)

my daughter played softball when younger.. I didn't have to worry about her. I did worry about her bf's.. I always told them that if she whooped their but they need not come because I'd be next in line to kick butt.
She thought nothing of kicking their butts when they were out of line.

Reminds of a story my old assistant principal told me at homecoming. He had a 6th grader in his office talking about touching a girl inapproprietly on the playground the day before. He asked the boy if he thought the girl told her dad the night before. The boy shook his head no. Then the principal said, you are probably right, if it had been my daugther I would have been at your front door last night!

My BIL has gone on "dates" with my neice's boyfriend. They went out about once a month before he went to basic training!

My DH already has the Secret Service for our DD (who is only 4 right now). They are here teenage brothers (13,14,15 right now). Plus, he will be up cleaning his gun all night. Everytime I hear that country song, I think of my DD & DH when she is older. Poor girl!

When my daughters were dating age, their father would greet them at the door with one of his butcher knives - He said, "boy, I am a meat cutter, and not afraid of the sight of blood. I expect her to be brought home in the same condition she is leaving in, and EARLY !!!" Yes, Sir!!!!!

1. What is "My Neighbor Cracks Me Up!"?

"My Neighbor Cracks Me Up!" is a collection of humorous stories and anecdotes about the wacky and funny things our neighbors do. It is a light-hearted book that celebrates the joy of living in a neighborhood filled with colorful characters.

2. Who is the author of "My Neighbor Cracks Me Up!"?

The author of "My Neighbor Cracks Me Up!" is Jane Smith, a resident of a small town in the Midwest. She has a knack for finding the humor in everyday situations and loves to share her stories with others.

3. Is "My Neighbor Cracks Me Up!" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "My Neighbor Cracks Me Up!" is a family-friendly book that can be enjoyed by readers of all ages. It contains clean and wholesome humor that will make both kids and adults laugh.

4. Can I purchase "My Neighbor Cracks Me Up!" through Pampered Chef?

Unfortunately, "My Neighbor Cracks Me Up!" is not available for purchase through Pampered Chef. It can be found at major bookstores or online retailers such as Amazon.

5. Are there any recipes included in "My Neighbor Cracks Me Up!"?

No, "My Neighbor Cracks Me Up!" is not a cookbook and does not contain any recipes. It is solely a book of funny stories and anecdotes about neighbors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn