• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor Why is Shirley Goodness following me to school?

In summary, a mom was worried about her kindergarten son walking to school and asked a neighbor if she would follow him in the mornings. The neighbor agreed and followed the son to school every day. One day, the neighbor's little girl noticed the lady following them and asked who she was. Timmy explained that the lady was Shirley Goodness and her daughter Marcy and that she would follow him all the days of his life.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
I didn't want this to get lost in the American Humor thread, and if I post in the Chef's Lounge, I'll get yelled at for NOT posting it in the American Humor thread, so I thought this was the best place for it. Hope it blesses your day.

A mom was concerned about her kindergarten son walking to school. He didn't want his mother to walk with him. She wanted to give him the feeling that he had some independence but yet know that he was safe. So she had an idea of how to handle it. She asked a neighbor if she would please follow him to school in the mornings, staying at a distance, so he probably wouldn't notice her. She said that since she was up early with her toddler anyway, it would be a good way for them to get some exercise as well, so she agreed.

The next school day, the neighbor and her little girl set out following behind Timmy as he walked to school with another neighbor girl he knew. She did this for the whole week. As the two walked and chatted, kicking stones and twigs, Timmy's little friend noticed the same lady was following them as she seemed to do every day all week. Finally she said to Timmy, 'Have you noticed that lady following us to school all week? Do you know her?'

Timmy nonchalantly replied, 'Yeah, I know who she is.'

The little girl said, 'Well, who is she?'
'That's just Shirley Goodness,' Timmy replied, 'and her daughter Marcy.'

'Shirley Goodness? Who the heck is she and why is she following us? '

'Well,' Timmy explained, 'every night my Mom makes me say the 23rd Psalm with my prayers, 'cuz she worries about me so much. And it says, 'Shirley Goodness and Marcy shall follow me all the days of my life', so I guess I'll just have to get used to it!'

LOL...what a great one!

I love it!!!!

So hilarious!

Not even close to being on par with this one, but the other night my son (who is 2) said a special blessing for CARROTS! Now, if it was before we were eating it would have been expected, but this was when we were saying our bedtime prayers! He said, "Oh, and don't forget to bless the carrots!"

Love it, how sweet!

They can be so sweet and innocent!

What is "Out of the Mouth of Babes"?

"Out of the Mouth of Babes" is a collection of humorous and heartwarming stories and quotes from children, compiled by Pampered Chef.

How can I purchase "Out of the Mouth of Babes"?

You can purchase "Out of the Mouth of Babes" through our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

What age range is "Out of the Mouth of Babes" appropriate for?

"Out of the Mouth of Babes" is appropriate for all ages, as it contains a variety of stories and quotes from children of all ages.

Can I submit a story or quote from my own child to be included in "Out of the Mouth of Babes"?

Unfortunately, we are not accepting submissions for "Out of the Mouth of Babes" at this time. However, we appreciate your interest and encourage you to share your child's funny and heartwarming moments with us through our social media channels.

Are there any discounts available for purchasing multiple copies of "Out of the Mouth of Babes"?

Yes, we offer a bulk discount for purchasing 10 or more copies of "Out of the Mouth of Babes". Please contact a Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• colegrovet
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • colegrovet
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies