• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Day of School Adventures: High School, Middle School, and Kindergarten!

In summary, the conversation was about the beginning of the school year and the different grades that the participants' children were starting. Some of the parents were emotional about their children growing up and starting school, while others were excited. The conversation also touched on having multiple children with large age gaps and the challenges of potty training.
erinyourpclady
Gold Member
:cry:

ALL three of my kids started school today! Our youngest son started Middle school...he wouldn't let me walk him to the bus so I sat on the front porch and watched until he got on the bus. DH and I walked the girls to school...they were SO excited this morning. They started second and kindergarten. It feels wierd and I totally cried!!!

Oh and my oldest-oldest (my son that I share with his mom, some would call that step but not me) starts HIGH SCHOOL in 2 weeks! ARGH!!! High School, Middle School and my baby in Kindergarten. At least I have no excuses for making calls right?LOL!!!:blushing:

Wow! 4 kids! I know some people on here have more, but yikes:eek: ;) not me! Quite an age difference there too, between the first 2 and the second 2!~
I love your attitue about your oldest, that is very cool!
My youngest is going into 2nd this year and yes when she went to kindergarten, I cried like a baby when I got back in the car!:cry:
Good luck!;)

I'll be joining you on Monday - my oldest is going into 3rd, and my babies are going to preschool fulltime at the elementary school - they'll even ride a bus!!:cry: :cry: I was crying last night about it. My DH was quick to point out that I couldn't wait for this day, but now that it is here, I'm so sad!:cry: :cry:

my oldest starts kindergarten this year and i cried when i got his bus info i told dh that he has to take his 1st day off cause i dont think i can handle it lol, im so sad but happy at the same time

Hey Erin... Haven't seen you arround much lately. Are you settled into your new house?

My two girls are still too young, 20months and 3 1/2. We live about a mile fromthe school they will be attending and I think to myself everytime I drive past Ughh only a year and half left and I have to let go! I was hoping it would be some "big relief" to only have 1 left at home but I thinkn I will have a hard time with it especially bc I have been an AHM since she was born. Not to mention, my youngest is going to be lost!!!

etteluap70PC said:
Hey Erin... Haven't seen you arround much lately. Are you settled into your new house?

Yeah...for the most part! LOL!! We kind of just put stuff away and now I will go back and make it all work. It will be much easier to do without kids asking a million questions!

Enjoy the peace and quiet for a minute Erin. Just think they will all be back in about 6 hours!!

MissChef said:
Wow! 4 kids! I know some people on here have more, but yikes:eek: ;) not me! Quite an age difference there too, between the first 2 and the second 2!~
I love your attitue about your oldest, that is very cool!
My youngest is going into 2nd this year and yes when she went to kindergarten, I cried like a baby when I got back in the car!:cry:
Good luck!;)

Yep...four kids....and I would have more if I could!! LOL!!! Since we have a matched set, DH says no more! LOL!!!! My DH and my oldest DS were a set, you can't have one without the other. I always have said he grew in my heart not under it. He is a wonderful young man and I couldn't be prouder to be his "other mother".

krzymomof4 said:
Enjoy the peace and quiet for a minute Erin. Just think they will all be back in about 6 hours!!

True...LOL!!!!

My oldest DS is supposed to start preschool in a couple of weeks, but I don't think it's going to happen just yet. (We're having some problems with potty training) I know that school will be good for him, but I'm actually a little relieved b/c I know I'm going to cry like a baby on his first day - even though he'll only be there 2½ hours! lol

My oldest dd started kindergarten Tuesday. I, too, cried as I left (I dropped her off). I also cried when I walked to the end of the drive to get her off the bus. It was only a half day too! No more than she did in Pre-K! :) Yesterday was her first full day, but she went to her dad's afterwards. Today, I'll be getting her off the bus around 3:45. YAY!! :)

My youngest dd (my middle) starts pre-k in a week and a half. She's so excited to be going to school like her sister. I'm so not ready for that! I became a sahm the day before I found out I was having her, so she's never been in day care. :(

Last edited:
My 4th and last will be starting PreK Tues after Labor day. I know how you feel Erin. He will only be gone from 8:30 - 11:00 so let's see how much work I get done on Tuesday's & Thursdays. I am terrified that I have just used them as an excuse all this time and it is really me!:eek:

I have all 3 in school full time for the first year (1st, 5th and 7th) - it has been fun going to exercise - hanging out with my sister and doing no chores around the house! (although I really need to) - they get dropped off at school at 7:50 and I'll pick them up at 2:30. I can have a quiet lunch with myself today - I miss them but it's been a long time coming for me as well!:)

I dropped my oldest off to K on Mon and I did cry but I bawled when I got this note from her

THE FIRST DAY
I gave you a little wink ans smile As you enetered my room today. For I know how hard it is to leave and know your child must stay. You've been with him for five yrs now and have been a loving guide, But now, alas, the time has come to leave him at my side. Just know that as you drive away and tears down your cheeks may flow I'll love him as I would my own and help him learn and grow. For as a parent, I too know how quickly the years do pass as it is also my turn today to take my own child to class. So please put your mind at ease and cry those tears no more for I will love him and take him in when you leae him at my door.

Jennie4PC said:
I dropped my oldest off to K on Mon and I did cry but I bawled when I got this note from her

THE FIRST DAY
I gave you a little wink ans smile As you enetered my room today. For I know how hard it is to leave and know your child must stay. You've been with him for five yrs now and have been a loving guide, But now, alas, the time has come to leave him at my side. Just know that as you drive away and tears down your cheeks may flow I'll love him as I would my own and help him learn and grow. For as a parent, I too know how quickly the years do pass as it is also my turn today to take my own child to class. So please put your mind at ease and cry those tears no more for I will love him and take him in when you leae him at my door.

wow! that was from the teacher? I almost cryed reading it! :cry: how sweet.

my 3 start school next week..Kindergarten, 4th grade and oh boy i'm feelin' old ...a Freshman.

the first 2 I couldn't wait to see them onto the bus but now w/ the 3rd I might be a little sad..might be:rolleyes:

yep the teacher handed them out to all the moms who were waiting with thier kids it was attached to pkg of kleenex

Jennie4PC said:

THE FIRST DAY
I cried too! What a wonderful gift! You have to feel great about her and the care she will give your child in his first school experience.

Talk about QUIET HOUSES! I have 5 sons and this has been a crazy house but one by one they have left the nest. In the last several years my youngest has had 4-6 friends practically living here with us (sometimes one at a time and sometimes all at once) as they come and go with their different activities. Well, last Friday I drove my son the 3 hours to college and all of his friends are also starting their next stage of life.

My house is empty and quiet, very quiet, all the time, even at dinner time and end of day. It's just me and my husband. We can't attribute the house noises to Tom anymore. We don't talk to him every day. We won't see him even every month. He still needs us for some things (like money) but for the most part he doesn't need us much.

I have been looking forward this for some time now but now that it's here it's not any fun at all. I know I will get past this and enjoy the empty nester years but I am here to tell you to hug your kids now because soon enough they will be all grown and not be there. I am grateful that Tom is not ashamed to hug his mom and dad and to say he loves us even in front of his friends, so I have that but that doesn't make the quiet any easier this week.

My oldest started last week, and she loves it! My little one is still at home, but will start pre-school two days a week next Thursday! I can't wait for my little break. I think I will also miss the empty house those days.

Jennie,
We got that same note (or one worded very similiar when our oldest started school in 93. i kept it in his scrapbook. ) His Kindergarten teacher became one of my best friends. Today we moved that little boy back to college and my heart is breaking.

It was so hard to make his bed up for him and start unpacking. Finally, his friends said mom, go home we're here, we're going to lunch and then we'll help him unpack. There were 3 girls so I knwo it will be organized :)

Instead of a Power Rangers lunchbox and back pack that we carried all those years ago today we carried 6 amps, 8 guitars, a keyboard, violin & various other toys silly string, glow in the dark bugs, yoyos & whoopie cushions up 3 flights of stairs.
Our baby will be a Freshamn and our middle one a Senior. I bawled today thinking about moving 2 of them next fall.

All of you with toddlers or babies never skip a chance to praise them, hug them and kiss them. They grow up way too fast.
I would give anything to have them 1, 3 & 5 again.

Oh Teresa, No Fair! I was just about to get ready for a moment of peace and now I am about in tears fearing the day they leave for good. I don't know what I would be if I wasn't a mommy.

Teresa Lynn said:
Jennie,
We got that same note (or one worded very similiar when our oldest started school in 93. i kept it in his scrapbook. ) His Kindergarten teacher became one of my best friends. Today we moved that little boy back to college and my heart is breaking.

It was so hard to make his bed up for him and start unpacking. Finally, his friends said mom, go home we're here, we're going to lunch and then we'll help him unpack. There were 3 girls so I knwo it will be organized :)

Instead of a Power Rangers lunchbox and back pack that we carried all those years ago today we carried 6 amps, 8 guitars, a keyboard, violin & various other toys silly string, glow in the dark bugs, yoyos & whoopie cushions up 3 flights of stairs.
Our baby will be a Freshamn and our middle one a Senior. I bawled today thinking about moving 2 of them next fall.

All of you with toddlers or babies never skip a chance to praise them, hug them and kiss them. They grow up way too fast.
I would give anything to have them 1, 3 & 5 again.

Okay Teresa - that got to me - I was sitting here thinking it would be nice to have a day of peace and quiet.....guess I'll go read to my 3 yr old instead!;)

1. Why is a quiet house important for cooking?

A quiet house allows you to focus on your cooking without any distractions or background noise. This can help you stay organized and follow recipes more easily.

2. How can I create a quiet environment in my kitchen?

To create a quiet environment in your kitchen, you can try turning off any noisy appliances or electronics, closing windows and doors to block out outside noise, and using soft materials like rugs or curtains to absorb sound.

3. What are some benefits of cooking in a quiet house?

Cooking in a quiet house can be a more enjoyable and relaxing experience. It can also help you be more mindful and present while cooking, leading to better results and a more enjoyable meal.

4. How do noisy kitchens affect cooking?

Noisy kitchens can be distracting and make it difficult to concentrate on cooking. They can also make it hard to hear timers or alerts, leading to overcooking or burning food.

5. Are there any specific Pampered Chef products that can help create a quiet cooking environment?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that can help reduce noise in the kitchen, such as silicone kitchen tools that are quieter than metal ones, and stoneware baking dishes that help absorb sound. We also have a line of noise-cancelling headphones for those who prefer to listen to music or podcasts while cooking in a quiet environment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ElizabethPurvis
  • Stampaholic1961
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Stampaholic1961
  • pamperedalf