• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

More Prayers for Dd and Kindergarten...

In summary, the conversation is about a parent's concern for their child who is struggling with adjusting to Kindergarten. The parent is asking for prayers and suggestions on how to help their child feel more comfortable and excited about school. Possible reasons for the child's behavior are discussed, including a potential incident on the playground and bullying. The suggestion of using incentives and positive reinforcement, such as small trinkets or treats, is also brought up as a way to encourage the child to be brave and enjoy school. Personal anecdotes and success stories from others are shared as well.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
Well, after a good Thursday and Friday at school (even though both days I put her on the bus crying :(), my DD is still saying she doesn't want to go to Kindergarten, and just wants to be at home with me. Both days she had a lot of fun... It is just still so new, and a long morning by the time she gets home off the bus. PLus, of course we had an aweaome weekend away camping.

Please pray that she will manage to get on the bus in the morning without more tears and that she will have a GREAT day. I am hating her being upset every bed-time before school and every morning... It is so not like her! She just loved pre-school and was excited to be starting Kindergarten.

Also, if there is anything she is not telling me, that she will. She is being really wierd about being glad that at the end of last week they could not go out to the playgroupnd to play, but she LOVES playgrounds... She did tell me that she bumped her head one time on the slide there, but I don't know if that is it - she is pretty fearless physically, and loves to swing, climb, slide etc...

I will certainly pray for her, and that if someone is scaring her or being mean, that she will share that with you!

Have you thought about going to the store to pick out 3 or 4 inexpensive cool little trinkets that she would love to have? Use them as an incentive to try and be a brave little girl and go to school and make new friends. If she tries really hard and doesn't cry when she gets home, she can have one of the little trinkets/gifts/toys or a special privelege.

Or, maybe you could buy some cupcakes for her class and she could bring them in and be the popular girl for the day- that might break the ice and relieve some of the tensions that she is feeling because of a new situation...

I had a co-worker that was going through the same thing with her 2 year old child. He had never been to daycare, but she HAD to go back to work for financial reasons. The poor little guy was so used to being with mommy for 2 years that he was NOT adjusting to daycare life.

He happened to LOVE the movie WALLE and so if he did really good at "school" and he was a brave little boy and didn't cry when he was dropped off or during the day, he'd get a cool picture of WALLE when he came home. I printed off a ton of cool color pictures of WALLE for her son, and he LOVED them! He even went to sleep holding one!

So she started looking online to find WALLE related toys, and within 3 weeks, he no longer needed the toys and was very excited about school.

I also had a child, when I taught that had some anxieties about being without his parents. So I gave him one of those refrigerator alphabet magnets. I gave him the letter P for (will)power. I told him to keep it in his pocket, and whenever he felt like he was afraid, or missed his mom, or was going to get angry at another child, he should put his hand in his pocket, and rub the letter and tellhimself that he was brave and had willpower to get through the day.

Within a matter of just a few weeks, a whole new child emerged- even his parents noticed something different with him, and his confidence level was soaring!

Shortly after that he came up to me one day and said "Miss Kristine, I don't need this P anymore- but can I keep it, just incase my brother needs it next year?"

So I let him keep the P, and he ended up excelling in every subject and also excelling socially!

Best of luck to you and your sweet little girl!

I'm so sorry about your little girl. Maybe you can talk to the teacher and ask her if there is a problem you need to know. It could be someone pushed her down the slide and she got hurt so now she is afraid of the slide and that child. Kids can be sneaky and the teacher may not have even seen what happened. Bullies start in Kindergarten unfortunately! I like the "incentive toys". If you have a Dollar Tree near you, you can get all kinds of cute things there for little price. We bought my grandson two little books the other day for $1. One was counting and the other was "Big and Small". They would be too young for your DD but maybe something else would work. Maybe baking with Mommy when she got home...

pcchefjane said:
I'm so sorry about your little girl. Maybe you can talk to the teacher and ask her if there is a problem you need to know. It could be someone pushed her down the slide and she got hurt so now she is afraid of the slide and that child. Kids can be sneaky and the teacher may not have even seen what happened. Bullies start in Kindergarten unfortunately! I like the "incentive toys". If you have a Dollar Tree near you, you can get all kinds of cute things there for little price. We bought my grandson two little books the other day for $1. One was counting and the other was "Big and Small". They would be too young for your DD but maybe something else would work. Maybe baking with Mommy when she got home...

Ooo- love the baking with mommy when she gets home! Or even special shoes that she can wear on days she feels a little more vulnerable?

Thanks Ladies for the suggestions. I do have a stash of treats from the dollar section at target :). I I love the idea of baking - although getting that to work with the other two little ones around can be tricky!

She did cry again this morning, but I think not so bad... I think I will be talking to her teacher again (we talked on Thursday and Friday!!).

Got to run, the baby just woke up...

Keep praying for us please! Pray that she has a great day and starts to make some friends.

Let her know how much she can learn there and how big of a help she is to Mommy by learning. Make it positive for her, not about the separation. Tell her the "sooner" she goes to school, the faster she can be back home to help you and tell you what she's learned.

My daughter had this issue all last year in pre-school, and nothing we did worked! She just started kindergarten, and is in therapy (for other reasons), and gets really scared that I'm going to get hurt or something when she's not around. She's got really bad separation anxiety, but her therapist told me to give her a picture of myself to take to school, and when she gets really scared or lonely, she can take it out and look at it and she won't be so scared anymore. It's actually worked! Today when I dropped her off, she turned around and said "okay mommy I'm good! Have a good day at work! Love you!" I was really shocked!

Related to More Prayers for Dd and Kindergarten...

What are the "More Prayers for Dd and Kindergarten..."?

"More Prayers for Dd and Kindergarten..." is a collection of prayers specifically tailored for children in kindergarten, written by Pampered Chef consultant and mother, Dd. These prayers aim to help children develop a strong spiritual foundation and a closer relationship with God.

What age group is this book appropriate for?

This book is most suitable for children in kindergarten, typically aged 5-6 years old. However, the prayers can also be adapted for younger or older children depending on their understanding and maturity level.

Are these prayers specific to a certain religion?

No, these prayers are written to be inclusive and can be used by families of any religious background. They are focused on teaching children about gratitude, kindness, and the power of prayer, rather than promoting a particular faith.

Can these prayers be used in a classroom setting?

Yes, these prayers can be used in a classroom setting, as they are simple and easy for young children to understand. They can also be a great addition to any religious studies curriculum or daily routines in the classroom.

What makes "More Prayers for Dd and Kindergarten..." different from other children's prayer books?

This book is written by a mother who has first-hand experience with teaching young children about prayer. The prayers are relatable and engaging for children, making it easier for them to develop a love for prayer and a deeper understanding of spirituality.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
peichef
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • vanscootin