• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for Dd for This Afternoon Please!

In summary, Annabel's dd was tested in June and did not score high enough. She is going to be tested again today and is hoping for a better score. She is also looking into other options.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
Hi All,

my DD is going to be (re)tested for early entrance to kindergarten this afternoon, at 2pm. I just got it set up this morning, the lady has been out with Jury duty all week, and we just got back in the country Tuesday pm anyway.

She was tested in June, it is an IQ test, and by state law, they have to score 130 (+ or - 3 points, so 127 would be OK). In June she scored "only" 123, so not good enough, even though she is only 2 months too young, and is SO ready for kindergarten, socially, emotionally, physically and academically. She can read, writes pretty well for being 4 and 9mnths, counts past 100 etc etc. She will be so bored in K if she can't start until a year from now... It is extrememly frustrating to me that all of this is ignored, if the IQ is not high enough (BTW, 130 is about the top 3% of people!!).

We are also looking into other options, but there aren't too many.

Anyway, please pray that she will focus and just do her best, and not be too tired (we are a little jet-lagged, and she seems a bit tired right now...). Last time, one part didn't do as well on was a section that was timed, and she sort of embellished her answers, instead of just circling them(!), so I really am hoping and praying that she will just follow the directions properly, focus and score high enough this time. I am hoping that being her second time around she will at least be more used to the lady and location, which might help too (she will be in a room without me).

Got to run, TIA for the prayers!

Annabel

Best of luck!!! Let us know how she does!!!

I will send her positive energy and concentration at 2 PM today. BEST of luck to her and please let us know how she does. I hope it goes very well. I can not believe they are making a (just shy of) 5 year old score over 127 to go to kindergarten. That is a little nuts to me. But I will get the negativity out of my system and focus all my positive energy on your DD at 2 PM!

You're lucky that they test. In WA state if you are not 5 by August 31st you don't start kindergarten, period! We tried to get my oldest DS to start early because he is very smart. When he did finally start, a year later, he was in 1/2 day kindergarten and 1/2 day 1st grade, because he was sooooo bored in K.

He is now in the 3rd grade and finally going to a gifted program. He reads at an 8th grade level and his math is at a 7th grade level.

I will send good positive vibes your way for your little one. :)

I will keep her in my prayers, too! I should check and see if this can be done in Florida...it's so frustrating that they limit kids' potential by not allowing them to start school based purely on what month they were born in. Too bad they don't offer the exam as a standard and then place kids based on the test results, THEN their ages.

pamperedpals said:
You're lucky that they test. In WA state if you are not 5 by August 31st you don't start kindergarten, period! We tried to get my oldest DS to start early because he is very smart. :)

I agree!! Be glad that there is any chance at all. My DD was ready last yr, but was waaaaay too young. The cutoff was end of Sept & her b'day wasn't until the end of May. That said, she can do math at an end of gr 2 / early3 level, is reading, etc.

I am very worried that she'll be bored, but I am hoping for a Primary / Gr 1 split so she can (hopefully) get placed in that.

At the same time, now she starts school in 18 days, and I AM NOT ready to let my "baby" go :( She's so excited & I am not lettingher see how sad I am, but, let's just say it's kept me up a lot of nights lately.

Gotta go cry now.

My son turns 5 in December and I am sending him to preschool 2 days a week ONLY because he'll be bored to tears otherwise! Reading and writing is ahead of most kindergartners!!!

My DS went to K reading also. I talked to his teacher when he started school and asked her if she would challenge him. She tested him to see where he was at the begining of K and he was at a 3rd grade level. Now he is at a 5th grade level.
She really wanted him with 1 certain teacher this yr and he didnt get her. I am kind of upset about that but I figure what can I do school starts Mon and I just found out who his teacher is. I did talk to her and told her where DS is and she said she would work with him ( I hope).

Also I have 2 nieces that miss the dedline. one by 2 days and the other by 8 days. The one by 8 days was told if she wanted to put her DD in then she would have to move out of the state enroll her in school, have her attend for a little bit then transfer her back. She is so ready for school.
Best wishes that you can get you DD into school and she does well on the test.

Annie, hope all turned out well for DD and you.

Annie - how did it go?

OK, sorry for the delay, we had a super busy weekend (and Monday morning!).

We are going back today for the rest of the testing - she didn't get it completed on Friday which is fine. I have no idea how well the part on Friday went, the lady didn't score it right away.

Please pray for todays testing, that she will again be focused and do her best. She is a bit grumpy becasue DS is getting (again) to go play with our neighbours duaghter while she does this... We should get the results pretty much straight away.

Thanks for your prayers, thoughts and concern!

GOt to run, sorry for the typos...

PS The testing today is at 1pm!

good luck :)

Hope you come back with GREAT NEWS!

Hope you get the results appropriate for your little one!

Guess who's starting kindergarten on Monday!!!???

My DD Abbie! She did extremely well in her tests, and scored high enough to start Kindergarten (last Friday she scored a 133 IQ on the non-verbal part of the testing - I can't even remember what the psychologist said she got on today's part, just that it was good enough!).

Now I am busy getting her and us ready! I have so much to do... Got to go now and call the pediatrician for her medical records and see if she needs any shots...
Then I have to get an appointment to get her registered.

I can't believe that in a few days she will be getting on a bus and heading off to school... I am so happy and excited, but also sad realising that this is the beginning of her being away from me alot... It is going to be a bit wierd!!

Anyway, a BIG THANKS for all of the prayers, I really did not know how it would turn out. This is such a relief for us, and I really think she will enjoy it.

Oh thank goodness! I'm so happy for you and her. :) Yippeeee!!!!

Glad it turned out the way you were hoping it would!

Glad to hear it! When Evan started preschool last April, it was a blessing for me (some mommy time) and for him (he REALLY enjoyed it!) This time around, he should be going 5 half days instead of 3 half days like he did April-June. I know you aren't home alone when she leaves...and neither will I after this baby comes! Either way...our kiddos are getting bigger and it is exciting and scary all at the same time!

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/1226617200

That is wonderful news!

Related to Prayers for Dd for This Afternoon Please!

1. Can you provide a specific prayer for my daughter this afternoon?

Yes, of course. Here is a prayer that you can say for your daughter: "Dear God, please be with my daughter this afternoon. Give her strength, courage, and guidance in all that she does. Help her to stay focused and to make good decisions. Surround her with your love and protection. Amen."

2. How can I pray for my daughter's success this afternoon?

You can pray for your daughter's success by asking God to give her the skills and abilities she needs to achieve her goals. You can also pray for her to have a positive attitude and for any obstacles to be removed from her path. Lastly, pray for her to have the courage and determination to overcome any challenges that may come her way.

3. Is there a specific time or place I should pray for my daughter this afternoon?

You can pray for your daughter at any time and in any place that feels comfortable for you. Some people like to set aside a specific time each day for prayer, while others prefer to pray in the moment as they feel led. The most important thing is to pray with sincerity and faith.

4. Can I ask others to pray for my daughter's afternoon as well?

Absolutely! It can be very comforting and powerful to know that others are also lifting your daughter up in prayer. You can ask family, friends, or even your church community to pray for her success, safety, and well-being this afternoon.

5. What can I do if I am feeling anxious or worried about my daughter's afternoon?

If you are feeling anxious or worried, it can be helpful to turn to prayer for comfort and peace. You can pray for God to calm your fears and to give you trust in His plan for your daughter. You can also try practicing deep breathing or other relaxation techniques while you pray to help calm your mind and body.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ElizabethPurvis
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Gina M
  • Lisa/ChefBear