• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Request for Dd Who Has to Have Surgery

In summary, Megan's surgery is scheduled for July 21st and she's looking forward to the ice cream and popsicles afterwards. However, she's also concerned about the bleeding period after the surgery and her personality might change for the better.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
I'm asking for prayers for my 10 yr. old dd who has to have her Tonsils and Adenoids removed on the 21st of July.

Megan's been struggling with sleep apnea, but not "bad enough" to have to have c-pap machine, but bad enough, she's not sleeping alone, she's in with me and poor hubby is on couch, as she's also a very very restless sleeper due to the apnea. Anyway, she's gasping for air much of the night and I'm not getting much sleep becuase of this.

This past winter season she had 4-5 times of strep, can't believe how many times with 3 girls we were to doctors, but last visit with Ped. he said we've got to make an appt. with ENT doc and get them out, they are touching due to her being sick, but too big when not sick.

So I called about appt. and got her in in June after school was out due to a cancellation or we would have waited until middle of August, this doc is hard to get into, but he's the best in our area!!

Anyway, went and his assoc. said oh yeah, they need to come out, she's meets both criteria for them, due to sickness and with the apnea. I begged them to fit us in over summer so she wouldn't have to keep struggling and also so she won't miss school and other activities...........well they had another cancellation for July 21st, so that's when she's going for surgery.

We had consult with doc yesterday and he said, only thing that will stop surgery is if she gets sick, so I'm asking for prayers for our family, especially Megan to remain healthy and that she gets a better peace of mind about the surgery.

She woke up night before last and asked me about dying. "Mommy what happens if I die during my surgery??" I hugged her tight and told her that it wouldn't happen, but if she did for some reason, she would go to heaven and be with MeMe (my mom). I said "Megan Dr. King is the best, you know Mommy and Daddy would only take you to the best doctor we know of and that Dr. N. would only send you to the best." She seemed to relax a little and then she went back to sleep. I meanwhile was up crying and praying and not feeling better myself.

She's totally looking forward to the ice cream and popsicles afterwards, that's the only thing she's looking forward to. She's my go getter and he told her last night, it's 3 weeks of doing next to nothing, she loves to read, so I've got her some books ahead so she'll have plenty to read, but I know how easily she gets bored.

I'm also asking for prayers for the "bleeding" period that comes after the suregery, if she bleeds with loosing a tooth, she panics, so I'm really concerned how she's going to deal with all of this.

My business has taken back burner for awhile and I just can't seem to get my spark (for lack of better term) back and get into the groove of calling people again and doing shows. I wasn't able to get to conference again this year, because of hubby's work and having no one to watch girls. My director leaves later in week and I want to go with her but I can't.

I'm worried about everything and not finding peace in prayer as I normally do, so I'm asking for my PC prayer warrior family to help me and my family and help me to calm Megan down and take away her concerns, or what I can.

Thanks in advance for all the prayers.

Lisa

I'll keep you and your daughter in prayer.

BTW, ENT said last night, she's about 80% blocked healthy, so she'll probably need help in "learning" to breathe right and her voice will probably change. He actually said her personality might change a little for better, lol, not as moody, due to her actually getting proper sleep.

Thanks for looking and praying.

Lisa

Lisa, we will definitely be praying!!! Keep us updated!!!

Thanks for all prayers. She's soooo tired it's not funny. Doctor told me, even if she slept for 14 hours straight, her body is only getting about 6 hours of actual restful sleep. Pretty scary.

She woke up this morning with a sore throat!! She got out of bed to eat breakfast and she's gone back to bed and is showing no interest is getting up, which is so NOT her.

We've also had a skunk spray outside our home this morning :yuck:, and we are as youngest (6) put it..........."Mom it's like we landed in Stinkville over night" and she started giggling.

So we're surrounded by skunk stink and Megan's not feeling good and others are wired, so I'm trying to just keep going, lol.

Lisa

Sending prayers.

1. How can I submit a prayer request for Dd who has to have surgery?

To submit a prayer request for Dd, you can reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant or host, or you can visit our website and fill out a prayer request form. We will make sure to include Dd in our prayers during this difficult time.

2. Can I request a specific type of prayer for Dd's surgery?

Yes, you can specify the type of prayer you would like for Dd. Our team at Pampered Chef believes in the power of prayer and will do our best to accommodate your request.

3. Will Dd's name be shared with others when I submit a prayer request?

No, we respect the privacy of all individuals and will not share Dd's name or any personal information without permission. The prayer request will be kept confidential within our team and those who will be praying for Dd.

4. How long will Dd's name be included in the prayer request?

We will continue to include Dd's name in our prayers for as long as you request. Our team believes in the power of continuous prayer and we will make sure to keep Dd in our thoughts and prayers throughout the entire process.

5. Can I request updates on Dd's condition after the surgery?

Yes, you can request updates on Dd's condition after the surgery. Please let us know if you would like to receive updates and we will do our best to keep you informed. However, due to privacy reasons, we may not be able to provide detailed information about Dd's condition without permission from Dd or their family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies