• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will My Daughter Adjust to Kindergarten?

In summary, Evan started kindergarten today and was having a hard time, culminating in him bursting into tears yesterday. His mom talked to his teacher and today he was fine, but he's been having a hard time starting school.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
My daughter is having a really hard time starting Kindergarten, with a few minor hiccups for the first 3 days, culminating in her bursting into tears yesterday as the bus pulled up, and I just had to put her on it crying... I talked to her teacher, which was good, and by the time the bus got to school she was happy and had a good day. But at bed-time, and again this morning she is saying how she doesn't like kindergarten and doesn't want to go, and just wants to be home with me...

It is so heart breaking! I know she will be fine once she gets used to it and makes some friends, it is really everything being new that is the issue. She did seem pretty happy yesterday when she got home and told me some of the things they did - she was laughing telling me about the story they had.

Anyway, please pray that she won't cry today at the bus-stop, and that she will have a really fun day and enjoy herself. Thanks!

Oh Annabel...

I was saying yesterday that I put Evan on the bus for the first time this year (he went to preschool in April and May of last year, this will be his first full year of preschool) and didn't cry myself! BUT...if HE was crying, I don't think I could have done it tear free myself!

I certainly pray that Abbie feels comfortable in school and riding the bus REALLY SOON, and that she has a wonderful day at school today!

{{{HUGS}}}

Annabel, I know exactly what you are going through. My DS (also in K ) has cried for the past 4 mornings, counting today. He has been crying all the way to school (as I drive him there) and into the classroom. The teacher has had to hold him while I leave the class. Of course, once I am gone, he settles down and has a good day. This morning, he did not cry until I got ready to leave the classroom, so we are getting better, BUT there is now a 3-day weekend, so I am sure it will start back up on Tuesday. He was even a little more upbeat yesterday after school, than the past 2 days.

I did pretty good today, and did not cry after I left him. Can't say that for the last 3 days. :cry:. I thought I would be happy, having some free time to do housecleaning, and work my biz, but reality is setting in that I am going to have an empty house starting next week when my 3 yr old DD starts preschool for the first time. :cry::cry::cry:

:( I am praying for you and your DD! I'm dreading the day my girl has to go. She's four, so not 'til next year, although I will be sending her to daycare this year....if DH lets me! LOL He's worse then I am.

She'll be fine...kids adjust better than we do! Let us know how it went!

Watching your child cry is always the hardest thing to do. Prayers coming your way.

Well, she did cry again... It is so heartbreaking, seeing her waving at me from the bus window, with the saddest face you ever saw looking out... Please keep praying that she will just have such a fun day once she gets there that she is excited to go back on Tuesday! And that she really starts to make some friends today.

And I will pray too for all the kids (and Moms and Dads!) who are having a hard time starting school.

Thanks for your comments, it's good to know that we're not alone...

Annabel ~ I know what you're going through! Seems like yesterday I was going through the same thing. Instead, on Monday I bawled my eyes out when my baby, Robyn, left for her first day of her senior year in high school! I bawled because I know I have limited time with her here since she's going to go off to college next year. I guess knowing she's my last one...it's harder this time. So cherish each moment, even through the tears. It's almost like climbing a hill...you get to the top and then you come tumbling down again when she becomes a senior!

Rest assured, I'm SURE once she's AT school, she's having a GREAT time!

You'll both be in my prayers.

I can't imagine how hard that must be for both of you. Thank goodness I don't have to bus my kids. I'm having a hard enough time with this whole staring school business, let alone if she was going on a bus in tears. I'd be a blubbering mess. (Okay, I'll be a blubbering mess regardless, but I think what you're facing is harder.)

Related to Will My Daughter Adjust to Kindergarten?

1. What exactly is "Prayers for My Dd (And Me!)"?

"Prayers for My Dd (And Me!)" is a book created by Pampered Chef that contains a collection of prayers specifically for mothers and their daughters. It is meant to help strengthen the bond between a mother and daughter and provide guidance and support through the ups and downs of life.

2. Who can use "Prayers for My Dd (And Me!)"?

"Prayers for My Dd (And Me!)" is designed for mothers and their daughters of all ages. It can be used by anyone who wants to enhance their relationship with their daughter and incorporate prayer into their daily lives.

3. How can "Prayers for My Dd (And Me!)" benefit me and my daughter?

This book can benefit you and your daughter in many ways. It can help you both grow spiritually, deepen your connection, and provide comfort and support during challenging times. It also offers a great opportunity to bond and create a shared experience.

4. Are the prayers in "Prayers for My Dd (And Me!)" specific to any religion?

No, the prayers in "Prayers for My Dd (And Me!)" are not specific to any particular religion. They are meant to be universal and can be used by people of all faiths.

5. Can I personalize the prayers in "Prayers for My Dd (And Me!)"?

Absolutely! You can use the prayers as they are, or you can modify them to make them more personal and relevant to your own experiences and beliefs. This book is meant to be a helpful tool, so feel free to make it your own.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ElizabethPurvis
  • vanscootin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jean DeVries
Replies