• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forAll the Parents That Sent Their Little Ones Off...

like this was a nightmare. I was so worried about her all day long. I texted her every few minutes just to make sure she was ok. When she got home and I could finally hug her I literally cried with relief. It was the best feeling ever to finally have her safe and sound. She told me all her teachers were great, the kids were sooo nice and she loved playing with them. I'm so grateful she's doing this. She'll be fine. And so will I.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I know this is a little late but it took me a week to actually find it and type it out on my computer. Mine are 10 and 13 and I still get teary eyed reading this. :blushing: Here goes....

For all the parents sending their little ones off to school for the first time, here is the poem (sorry, not sure of the author):

Teach Him Gently … if you can …

My son starts school today … It’s all
going to be strange and new to him for a while, and
I wish you would sort of treat him gently …

You see, up to now, he’s been our little boy.

He’s been boss of the back yard … His mother has
always been around to repair his wounds, and I’ve
always been handy to soothe his feelings.

But now, things are going to be different …

This morning he’s going to walk down the front steps,
wave his hand, and start out on the great adventure …
It’s an adventure that will probably include wars and
tragedy and sorrow.

To live his life in the world he will live in requires
faith and love an courage.

So, world, I wish you would sort of take him by his
young hand and teach him the things he will have
to know.

Teach him, but gently … if you can.

He will have to learn, I know, that all men are not
just, that all men are not true.

But teach him also that for every scoundrel there is
a hero … that for every selfish politician, there is
a dedicated leader … Teach him that for every enemy,
there is a friend.

It will take time, world, I know, but teach him, if
you can, that a nickel earned is of far more value
than a dollar found … Teach him to learn to lose … and
to enjoy winning.

Steer him away from envy, if you can, and teach him
the secret of quiet laughter.

Let him learn early that the bullies are the easiest
people to lick … Teach him, if you can, the wonder of
books … But also give him quiet time to ponder the
eternal mystery of the birds in the sky, bees in the sun,
and flowers on a green hillside.

In school, world, teach him it is far more honorable
to fail than to cheat … Teach him to have faith in
his own ideas, even if everyone tells him they are
wrong … Teach him to be gentle with gentle people
and tough with tough people.

Try to give my son the strength not to follow the
crowd when everyone else is getting on the band
wagon … Teach him to listen to all men … but teach him
also to filter what he hears through a screen of truth and
take only the good that comes through.

Teach him, if you can, how to laugh when he is sad …
Teach him there is no shame in tears … Teach him there
can be glory in failure and despair in success.

Teach him to scoff at cynics and beware of too
much sweetness … Teach him to sell his brawn and
brains to the highest bidders but never put a
price tag on his heart and soul.

Teach him to close his ears to a howling mob … and
to stand and fight if he thinks he’s right.

Teach him gently, world, but don’t coddle him, because
only the test of fire makes fine steel.

Let him have the courage to be impatient … let him
have the patience to be brave.

Teach him always to have sublime faith in himself.
Because then he will always have sublime faith in
mankind.

This is such a big order, world, but see what you can do …
He’s such a fine little fellow, my son!

Very Nice!!! My kids are 28 and 18 (I know, what was I thinking) But my grandson 5 started full day kindergarden this year.... I am printing this for his mom.

Thanks

Thanks for sharing, Jodi. I'm passing this along to my Moms group.

Thanks Jodi! That is so sweet. I just sent my last baby boy (one is 9, the other is 5) off to school for the 1st time this week, so please excuse the "misty eyes".:cry:

Seriously Jodi!?!?! Are you trying to push me over the edge!?!?! -lol. My DD.. my youngest..... my baby... stared school yesterday. Not good. She was so happy and excited. I, on the other hand, crying like a baby. The only one in her class of 25 kids & families who was crying was ME.
Then I came home and cried more.
I refuse to cry today, so I won't read the poem, though I've read it before. I'm trying not to think about it :)

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
I sent DD to all day Kindergarten for the first time Tuesday. She woke up one her own, got herself dressed, poured her own cereal and milk, asked me for lunch money and was ready. I sat back and watched and in my head I was horrified. My first born didn't need me anymore! ( I know it's not true but I think my hormones are still crazy!) I dropped her off at school and she stood there with her friends talking about shoes! I made it to the car befor I broke down in tears but I kinda forgot DH was there to laugh at me!
I love the poem and will pass it on so my SIL and cry too!;)

Glad everyone liked it....or kinda liked it? :)

Like I mentioned mine are 10 and 13 but I STILL getting major teary eyed everytime I take my time and read this. There's a local radio station that has a female deejay read it every year on the first day of school and even gets many requests before the actual day and when she reads it aloud it's even worse for me :cry:

1. What inspired the creation of "For All the Parents That Sent Their Little Ones Off..."?

The idea for this product came from the personal experience of one of our founders, who struggled with sending her child off to school for the first time. She wanted to create a product that would not only help ease the emotional transition for parents, but also provide a practical solution for organizing and packing their child's belongings.

2. How does "For All the Parents That Sent Their Little Ones Off..." help with the emotional transition of sending a child off to school?

This product includes a heartfelt poem that is designed to comfort and reassure parents during this emotional time. It serves as a reminder that their child will always carry a piece of home with them, no matter where they go.

3. What are the key features of "For All the Parents That Sent Their Little Ones Off..."?

This product includes a customizable checklist for packing essentials, a space for a personalized note or photo, and a pocket for holding sentimental items. It also comes with a durable, water-resistant bag for convenient transport.

4. Can "For All the Parents That Sent Their Little Ones Off..." be used for other occasions besides sending a child off to school?

Yes, this product can also be used for other milestones such as sending a child off to summer camp or a sleepover at a friend's house. It can also be used as a general storage solution for keeping track of important items.

5. Is "For All the Parents That Sent Their Little Ones Off..." only available for purchase through Pampered Chef?

Yes, this product is exclusively sold through Pampered Chef consultants. You can contact your local consultant or visit our website to place an order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Teresa Lynn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies