• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Concerns about My Little Boy's Behavior After a Fall: Expert Insights

In summary, the child broke his elbow climbing out of his crib onto a carpeted floor and also had a hairline fracture in his shoulder.
milkangel
we were on our way to achurch dinner yeterday and he fell a sleep and by the time we got there he kinda wok up and ate some but then he was sitting on a char by him self ( no high char ) and he feel on to the hard cement floor on his left side and cried since then he is not the same and then we got back to my parents around 2 and put him back down for a nap and slept till 4:30 ( i did not wnat him to sleep to long) and after that he was still fussy and wanted to cudle. He ate some supper but not like he normally would than he stated to fuss again so we cudled and than he would be fin untill i moved him. and now today he is better but still not him self yet, after dinner he was fussy, wanted to cudle and sit on my lap and he would be fine untill i moved. i let him crawl up stairs and he was going slow like sumthing hut him. i rubbed his back and shoulders and when i did his left shoulder he kinda wipmered and shruged like it hurt him. So i decided to give hin some kids stuff to help with the sorta pain. i was woundring what it can be. He alwasy is an active little boy. and also after he fell he did not eat any more that dinner. What do you think?

How old is he? I would take him to an urgent care immediately to make sure he did not fracture something...sounds like he may need an x ray just for your piece of mind..if you wait and it turns out he does need something he could wind up needing surgery!
Trust your instincts and if he is not right get him help FAST!

I'd take him to a doctor. Better safe than sorry.

Take him to a doctor ASAP to be check out. He sounds as though he is in pain. If he hit his head he could have a concussion too.

My friends little boy just broke his elbow climbing out of his crib onto a carpeted floor. My DD bent a bone in her leg (it almost broke) and other than crying initially didn't complain at all, just limped badly (at just over 2 years old). My point being, little kids do not always make it really obvious when they are badly hurt.

Kids are usually so resiliant. Follow your gut, if he is not acting like himself, for your own sanity take him to the pediatrician. when my little girl was one she fell at school and would not walk. I picked her up and immediately took her to the doctor. they took x-rays and said she was fine. 24-48 hours later she would still not walk, so I took her to the ER, turns out she had a broken leg. ALWAYS go with your instincts, sometimes it is all we have. I hope he feels better. Let us know!

go to the Urgent Care or ER ASAP!

he is almost 23 months on wed

even at dinner he was fussy and he ate some bites and i thaought he wanted more so i gave him a bannana and had a bite and a sip of milk and he was done. but he did have some mack and cheese. this morening he had some juice and he fussed while he was drinking and he ate his cheerios and was ok. but to me it seemed like some thing was not right when he was drinking his sippy.

I will agree with the others...take him to the ER ASAP!!! Hope he gets better soon!

I agree with the other posts. Take him to get seen TODAY and definitely let them know he hit his head on the cement floor. I'd be most concerned about that. Good luck and keep us posted!

From the mother of a 21 month old...I will echo what everyone else is saying. Take him to your ped. or urgent care immediately. Not only could he have broken or fractured something, he could have hurt his head. You don't want to mess around with his health, esp. so young.

You already know that something isn't right, that's what the feeling is in your post...so go with your gut and take him in!!

Please let us know how he is!

we jost got back from the docs and they looked him over and no sign of anything with his head but his shoulder had a hair line fracture in his collerbone. other wise his just fine.

Glad you got him checked out - hope he feels better soon!

Glad you got him checked out. I can imagine a hairline fracture would hurt a normally active 23 month old. Ouch!! Now you know and can take care of your baby!

thanks you all for your concerns and awnsers thanks

hope he feels better <hugs>

I have a 23 month old and a few months back we were playing with him and he was jumping up and "swinging" between two people who were holding his hands - he dislocated his elbow! They call it nursemaids elbow and say it happens to little kids around that age all the time. The reason I mention it is that I thought we had hurt his shoulder - that is where he seemed to have the pain issues that we noticed and he was a little whiny and wanted to snuggle and wouldn't eat or play. It may be something that simple - the doctor fixed it in about 10 seconds! - but it can feel horrible when you don't know. Take him and have him checked out. Better not to have to worry.

1. What is "It Is About My Little Boy"?

"It Is About My Little Boy" is a cookbook that features nutritious and kid-friendly recipes for busy parents. It was created by Pampered Chef in collaboration with nutrition experts and parents to help make mealtime easier and more enjoyable for families.

2. Are the recipes in "It Is About My Little Boy" easy to make?

Yes, the recipes in "It Is About My Little Boy" are designed to be simple and easy to make, even for busy parents. They include step-by-step instructions and use common ingredients that can be found in any grocery store.

3. Are the recipes in "It Is About My Little Boy" healthy?

Yes, all of the recipes in "It Is About My Little Boy" are created with nutrition in mind. They include a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins to provide balanced and healthy meals for growing kids.

4. Can I adapt the recipes in "It Is About My Little Boy" to my child's dietary restrictions?

Yes, many of the recipes in "It Is About My Little Boy" can be easily adapted to fit your child's dietary needs. The cookbook includes tips and suggestions for making substitutions or modifications for common dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free or dairy-free diets.

5. Where can I purchase "It Is About My Little Boy"?

"It Is About My Little Boy" is available for purchase through Pampered Chef consultants or on our website. You can also find it at select retail locations. Contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • Teresa Lynn