• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discovering Our Neighbors: From Angier to Raleigh, NC"

In summary, people from the North Carolina area are most likely to live in Raleigh and Carey. Born in Walla Walla, people from the area now live in the Albany, OR area.
PamperedCaniac
I do not want to know where people live as in street address!! LOL I am just curious where everyone is from originally and where they now live??? Just to see who are our neighbors!!!

Born in the Angier NC area (27501) and now a Raleigh NC girl (27603) Go Canes!! Love North Carolina!

born in Walla Walla (WA, but lived across the border in OR) now in the Albany OR area.

Carey

Raised in 11730 and living only 5 miles west in 11769!

Born in Galion Ohio and we live in Hundson Indiana.

Born in Racine, WI now live "up north" in Wisconsin - hence janetupnorth ;)

Born In Roxboro, NC and live in Brooklyn, MI

Born in Adrian MI, grew up mostly in Schoolcraft MI, lived on the east side for 2.5 years and most of my married life I've been in Holland MI.

Born and raised in Perry, MI....moved to Ohio for College, then back to MI, and finished up in SC....lived in SC for 5 years after graduating, and then moved to the BEAUTIFUL West Side of MI, and I've lived here in the Grand Rapids area since.

DH was born and raised here, and doesn't like change....so this is probably where I will stay. Good thing I love it here!

elizabethfox said:
Born In Roxboro, NC and live in Brooklyn, MI

Roxboro!! Home of Enos Slaughter and the magic line of snow! South of Roxoboro just one mile and it is rain.... Roxoboro and north snow! Go Figure! LOL

I'm originally from Hoffman Estates, IL (60195), but live in Wisconsin Dells now. By the way, all you from North Carolina...I spent many a summer down there. My mom is from Cameron, NC, but I have relatives all over the state! I even know what CARY stands for. :wink:

Born in Montgomery AL and now we are military. We have lived in Biloxi MS, Misawa Japan, and now....

Crestview FL

Jessamary said:
I'm originally from Hoffman Estates, IL (60195), but live in Wisconsin Dells now. By the way, all you from North Carolina...I spent many a summer down there. My mom is from Cameron, NC, but I have relatives all over the state! I even know what CARY stands for. :wink:

I bet Janetupnorth might be able to figure out what Cary stands for... I like you Janet :)! But I just had to use you to help others with the CARY acronym! LOL

Born in Cincinnati, live in Cincinnati and I'm pretty sure I'll die here.

Born in Texas, live in West Virginia now... Considering moving to SC...

merego said:
Born in Cincinnati, live in Cincinnati and I'm pretty sure I'll die here.

I lived in Cincinnati for awhile after I graduated high school!! Love the city!

Born in Ft Rucker AL, raised in neighboring town of Ozark
Went to college in AUBURN Alabama
lived in Tallahassee FL, Thomasville GA, Raleigh NC (and Cary) and now in Chesterfield VA!!

PamperedCaniac said:
I bet Janetupnorth might be able to figure out what Cary stands for... I like you Janet :)! But I just had to use you to help others with the CARY acronym! LOL

According to my Aunt in Cedar Grove (Orange Co....she used to work in Hillsborough), CARY stands for "Containment Area for Relocated Yankees."

Born In Enid, Ok- raised in Everett, WA and Decatur, IL- Now live in
Cedar Lake, Indiana

Born in OK and stayed 52 years! Suddenly, I'm in east Texas!

Born in Brandon, Manitoba Canada
Raised in Chilliwack, BC Canada &
Edmonton, Alberta Canada &
have been in Trenton area, Ontario Canada for 24 years now

Born in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma moved around a little lived in Texas, Colorado, Arkansas, Texas back to Oklahoma.:)

I grew up in Edwardsville, IL, moved to Litchfield, IL for a while & have been in Carlinville, IL for the last 12 years. :) It's all within a 45 minutes drive.

crystalscookingnow said:
I grew up in Edwardsville, IL, moved to Litchfield, IL for a while & have been in Carlinville, IL for the last 12 years. :) It's all within a 45 minutes drive.

I knew someone from Litchfield. Do you know Joy Hendricks? I think she has a sister named Kay.

I grew up in Churubusco, IN (near Fort Wayne) and I now live in Granger, IN (near South Bend) ~ Home of the Fighting Irish!!!!

Jessamary said:
I knew someone from Litchfield. Do you know Joy Hendricks? I think she has a sister named Kay.

Sounds familiar. What age range would they be?

crystalscookingnow said:
Sounds familiar. What age range would they be?

Let's see. Joy is my age (we went to college together), so that would make her 29. Her sister is a few years younger.

Born and raised in Cumberland, MD - and I am late for everything

Was 3 weeks late being born (in 1963 they really didn't care how late a mom really was)

45 minutes late getting to the church for my wedding (stopped at Hills Dept. Store to do some last minute shopping)

Will die here also - I will be late for my funeral and this is how I want my tombstone to look like (I do not know this person - I received an e-mail with this picture attached)

:chef:

Attachments

• Expired001.jpg
    Expired001.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 367
Born and raised in Miami, FL - now living in Atlanta, GA

Jessamary said:
Let's see. Joy is my age (we went to college together), so that would make her 29. Her sister is a few years younger.

I just looked at my yearbook & I do remember Joy. She was 2 years younger than I in school. I can't say that I "know" her, but I do remember seeing her around school. :)

started in queens, ny. then moved 3 times on LI. eventually plan on moving south when kids finish HS.

Born in the Twin Cities (MN), quasi raised in Scottsdale, AZ. College in Fort Worth, TX (Go Frogs!), First job in London, England. Now back in the Twin Cities until I finish my Masters in the spring, then who knows!

Born in Oak Ridge, TN where they made parts for the atom bomb. No, I don't glow in the dark! Lived there all my life except for a 6-month stay in Deland, FL my junior year in high school when my dad retired! I loved it because my DB and DSIL both were teachers there and I was "popular" for the only time in my life. Went to college at Tennessee Wesleyan College in Athens, TN for 4 years. Then back home to Oak Ridge until I married in 1976 and lived 15 months in Knoxville but then returned to Oak Ridge. I lived in that apt with my then husband (now ex) and my DD for 21 years until moving to Clinton, TN about 15 miles down the road for 11 years. When my DD and SIL moved to Dayton, TN then later Cleveland, TN, I decided to relocate here June 2007. I am moving in with them this weekend in their house. I have moved more in the past year (lived 3 places since coming to Cleveland) than I have moved in the past 30 years prior! I don't like to move! Too much work to pack and unpack! LOL!

I was born in La Mesa, Ca and raised in Oceanside, Ca. I married a Marine so we moved to 29 Palms, Ca for a few years; Okinawa, Japan for over 7 years; Virginia Beach for 2 years and we moved to Camp Lejeune last summer. We are hoping for back to back tours here so that our DS will switch schools the summer before junior year.

We are both West Coast born and raised but are planning on retiring on the East Coast......

Berlin, MD (Worcester County) - born, raised and still here today!

I live 4 miles from my parent's home, 1/4 mile from my husband's parents and 1 mile from my work!

Berlin is about 8 miles from the popular tourist location - Ocean City, MD. We enjoy the beach after the summer season when the tourists go home!

Born in Joliet, IL lived there until 9 moved to Hutsonville, IL. I lived there until I got married and moved to Palestine, IL since then my move was from the country on one side of town to the other. My last move was because 12 years ago we lost everything in a house fire, and that caused a delayed move. I am happy where I am, but willing to go anywhere God wants me or my DH wants me to go.

This is a little longer list than most, but I was born into a military family and then wore the uniform in one capacity or another between the ages of 18 and 40-something.;)

Born in Hawaii, raised in Alabama, Italy, Germany, Hawaii, and Virginia. Lived in California, Texas, Massachusettes (sp?), Germany (3 times), Egypt, Panama, Florida, Georgia, Washington (state), PA and now Florida again. Also lived short term (between one and six months) in New York, North Carolina, Virginia, Kuwait, and Kansas.

And DH wonders why I want to stop moving?:rolleyes:

Born in Southern California. Lived in Las Vegas, NV for 10 years and moved to Queen Creek AZ 2 years ago. Started traveling for work so in the last 2 years been to Palm Springs Cali. Denver Colo, Hartford CT, Stamford CT, Show Low AZ and now I'm in Lake Havasu City AZ for the next 11 weeks. So splitting my time between Las Vegas and AZ! I'm 3 hours from my home in Vegas and 4 hours from my home in Queen Creek!

Born in a small town in Vermont - Wallingford. Now living in a smaller Vermont town - Mt. Holly !

Born in New Jersey. College in Utah. Husband's grad school in Omaha, NE, so we lived in Council Bluffs, IA. Husband's first job was in Ironton, OH, so we lived in Ashland, KY. Now we live in Lancaster County, PA. :)

Born in Hillsdale, MI, moved to Buckeye, AZ, went to Spokane, WA for a short time and now back in Buckeye, AZ (about 30 miles west of Phoenix).

Linda C

lindac said:
Born in Hillsdale, MI, moved to Buckeye, AZ, went to Spokane, WA for a short time and now back in Buckeye, AZ (about 30 miles west of Phoenix).

Linda C

Hey! I know where that is! They have a top-rated private college there. I have a good friend who graduated from Hillsdale College with a major in Music Performance. (yep, she's an Opera singer!)

Born in Corpus Christi, Texas now in Rosamond, CA.

I'm from Siesta Key, Sarasota county, Florida.
I live now in North Port, Sarasota county, Florida.

Except for college, I've always lived in Sarasota.

Hubby has been looking at moving to Greenville, SC - that is such a scary thought. It's hard to teach this old dog new tricks.

I've gone full circle... born in Stillwater, MN, got married, moved to Omaha, NE, then Bellevue, Ne, then Columbia Maryland, then a suburb of DC, - and came back to the Twin Cities- where we reside in a suburb of St. Paul. I would like to move to either NC or Washington State...

Last edited:
Born in Columbus, OH (12 Years) GO BUCKS!!!
Moved to Dayton, OH (6 Years), Tampa, FL (1 1/2 years), Back to Columbus, OH (1 1/2 years) Webster City, IA (4 years), Chicago, IL (7 Years) and now Columbia, SC (2 Years)

Hopefully we will here for awhile, we love it here!

Born in Marshall, MN, now live in the Twin Cites area of the state.

whiteyteresa said:
Born and raised in Cumberland, MD - and I am late for everything

Was 3 weeks late being born (in 1963 they really didn't care how late a mom really was)

45 minutes late getting to the church for my wedding (stopped at Hills Dept. Store to do some last minute shopping)

Will die here also - I will be late for my funeral and this is how I want my tombstone to look like (I do not know this person - I received an e-mail with this picture attached)

:chef:

Teresa, what does the bottom part of the tombstone say? Sorry, but I can't read it and really want to ;):)

Born in Lumberton, NC. Lived in White Oak, NC then Cedar Creek NC. Back to White Oak until 1984 when we were hit by a tornado. Moved a mile down the road into the neighboring county(still counted as White Oak). Married in 1995, moved to Fayetteville, NC. Moved to Ft. Hood/Killeen TX for 2 years. Hated it. Hubby got out of Army and we moved back to Fayetteville, NC. Moved to Ammon, NC after our son was born. Ended up in Bladenboro, NC and are relatively happy here(with the exception of nosy neighbor who does not understand the concept of private property ownership and thinks it is her job to patrol the neighborhood for "appearences" and town officals that seem to kowtow to the old people and my neighbor to the point of running new businesses out of town). Hubby is also a huge Carolina Hurricanes fan.

Jessamary said:
According to my Aunt in Cedar Grove (Orange Co....she used to work in Hillsborough), CARY stands for "Containment Area for Relocated Yankees."

Yeap or conjested area for relocated yankees... LOL

RuthV said:
Born in Lumberton, NC. Lived in White Oak, NC then Cedar Creek NC. Back to White Oak until 1984 when we were hit by a tornado. Moved a mile down the road into the neighboring county(still counted as White Oak). Married in 1995, moved to Fayetteville, NC. Moved to Ft. Hood/Killeen TX for 2 years. Hated it. Hubby got out of Army and we moved back to Fayetteville, NC. Moved to Ammon, NC after our son was born. Ended up in Bladenboro, NC and are relatively happy here(with the exception of nosy neighbor who does not understand the concept of private property ownership and thinks it is her job to patrol the neighborhood for "appearences" and town officals that seem to kowtow to the old people and my neighbor to the point of running new businesses out of town). Hubby is also a huge Carolina Hurricanes fan.

Well if he is a canes fan then I like your hubby too! He has to be a good guy! LOL LOL You have really moved around NC! LOL

<h2>1. Where is Angier, NC located?</h2><p>Angier, NC is a small town located in the southern part of Wake County, North Carolina. It is approximately 20 miles south of Raleigh, the state capital.</p><h2>2. What is the population of Angier, NC?</h2><p>As of 2021, the estimated population of Angier, NC is 5,300 people.</p><h2>3. How far is Raleigh, NC from Angier?</h2><p>The distance between Raleigh, NC and Angier, NC is approximately 20 miles, which takes about 30 minutes to drive.</p><h2>4. What is the main industry in Angier, NC?</h2><p>Agriculture is the main industry in Angier, NC. The town is known for its large strawberry fields and annual strawberry festival.</p><h2>5. What sports team is popular in Raleigh, NC?</h2><p>The Carolina Hurricanes, a professional ice hockey team, is popular in Raleigh, NC. They play at the PNC Arena in downtown Raleigh.</p>

1. Where is Angier, NC located?

Angier, NC is a small town located in the southern part of Wake County, North Carolina. It is approximately 20 miles south of Raleigh, the state capital.

2. What is the population of Angier, NC?

As of 2021, the estimated population of Angier, NC is 5,300 people.

3. How far is Raleigh, NC from Angier?

The distance between Raleigh, NC and Angier, NC is approximately 20 miles, which takes about 30 minutes to drive.

4. What is the main industry in Angier, NC?

Agriculture is the main industry in Angier, NC. The town is known for its large strawberry fields and annual strawberry festival.

5. What sports team is popular in Raleigh, NC?

The Carolina Hurricanes, a professional ice hockey team, is popular in Raleigh, NC. They play at the PNC Arena in downtown Raleigh.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
RuthV
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Shawnna
Replies