• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Giving My Kids a Taste of "Culture".

In summary, the person's husband and she have seen the Riverdance show 4 times and are planning to see it again this year with their two boys who are 6 and 9 years old. The boys are both fans of the music and the show. The daughter of the person is also a fan of the show and loved it.
esavvymom
Staff member
I'm so excited! I just purchased tickets for 'Riverdance', coming to our area in May. yes- that's quite a ways away....but they are FRONT ROW and we are taking our two boys- who'll be 6 and 9 by then. They both LOVE the music CD, and we've been waiting for the chance to take them to see the Show.My DH and I have seen it 4 times in our 12 yrs of marriage (1st in Downtown Chicago, 2 times in Raleigh, and once in DUBLIN Ireland- and yes, we made the trip especially...sort of- we were already in London for something else!)....so this will be #5...but it is SO worth it! Love it every time...but this will be special since we are sharing it with our boys. I just told them tonight- my oldest let out a "Wooohooo!!" and my youngest just asked when we were going to see "Wizard of Oz" again...we saw that show this past spring. :DI want to see "Little House on the Prairie" too, but that's more of a girl thing- so my neighbor and her two teenage daughters are thinking of letting me tag along. :) I LOVE seeing live plays and shows.

good for you to start your kids young on cultural events, especially as they are boys! have fun!

We took our kids to see Lord of the Dance...which is like the Riverdance performance...in Branson about 8 years ago. My boys loved it...and they hate stuff like that. They were fascinated with the tapping, rythm, and energy. My daughter absolutely loved it and sat rivoted on the edge of her seat the whole performance. She is very much into drama, music and dance. She is very gifted in those areas where the boys are very athletic. I think its wonderful you are exposing your boys to these types of things. I wish I had started taking my boys when they were very small so maybe they might like it now.

Related to Giving My Kids a Taste of "Culture".

1. How can I introduce my kids to different cultures through food?

There are many ways to introduce your kids to different cultures through food. One idea is to involve them in the cooking process and have them help prepare dishes from different countries. You can also try eating at restaurants that serve traditional cuisine from various cultures or attend cultural food festivals.

2. How can I make trying new foods from different cultures fun for my kids?

One way to make trying new foods from different cultures fun for kids is to turn it into a game. Create a "food passport" and have them try different dishes from around the world, stamping their passport each time they try something new. You can also have them guess the country of origin for each dish or have a blind taste test.

3. My child is a picky eater, how can I get them to try new foods from different cultures?

If your child is a picky eater, start by introducing them to dishes that have familiar ingredients or flavors. Gradually expose them to more diverse flavors and textures. It may also help to have them assist in the cooking process so they feel more invested in trying the food.

4. How can I incorporate cultural dishes into my family's regular meals?

One way to incorporate cultural dishes into your family's regular meals is to find recipes that use similar ingredients to dishes you already enjoy. You can also try adding a new cultural dish as a side or appetizer to your usual meals, or even making a fusion dish that combines elements from different cuisines.

5. Are there any safety concerns I should be aware of when trying new foods from different cultures with my children?

When trying new foods from different cultures with children, it is important to be aware of any potential allergies or dietary restrictions. Make sure to read ingredient labels carefully and ask about any potential allergens when dining out. It may also be helpful to research common ingredients in different cuisines to know what to look out for.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
KimberleePowell
  • erinyourpclady
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • Paige Dixon
  • General Chat
Replies