• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rachel Ray's Magazine Mentions My Town

In summary, the author talks about the Tulip Time Festival, which is May 3 through May 10. There is a tulip farm just north of Holland, and it is an incredible experience to go and walk through fields of tulips.
JAE
I just received the May edition of Every Day with Rachel Ray, and my town is mentioned on page 28. Timing is everything...." It talks about the Tulip Time Festival - May 3 through May 10. We saw the tulips coming up as we drove through town yesterday, and today, as we walked downtown, there were many tulips poking out of the ground. It think the fine for picking one tulip is $100.

This is the last year that I have to attend the Kinderparade. My kids have been "marching" in that parade for 5 years, and this year is the 6th and last year. Well, if my youngest remains in the band, I'll be attending three parades during Tulip Time. My kids' school requires all elementary school students from 1st through 5th grade to walk in the parade with costume. We take Wednesday and Thursday afternoon off for parades and if it rains, we take Friday afternoon off too. Two years ago it rained on Friday, too. What's a mom to do with three half days in a row and rain? Kids were happy with no school, though.

Tony Orlando and Ronnie Milsap will be here, if your intersted. I try to stay home as much as possible. My kids used to enjoy the Dutch dancing. Not so much now that they are 11 and 12.

I'm originally from Muskegon! What a small world :) One of my very best friends lives in Holland. I love that town!!

My dh is from Muskegon. I love Holland, too.

One of my best friends in college live in Zeeland. She danced in the parade every year. I loved looking at her pictures.

I LOVE Tulip Time!

But what I love most about it is my friend Piper's annual Junk Food Party. There are all kinds of food vendors on the streets at Tulip Time, so Piper and her DH, who live in the Holland Historic District just a couple blocks from downtown Holland, invite everyone to their home, and then we all walk down and order junk food from all the different vendors - and share it (well, some of us share....).
We watch Klompen dancing, and take in the sights, and check out the carnival. It's not a cultural event the way we do it - but it is so much fun!

Sounds like fun; & I bet it's beautiful! I love tulips....first sign of spring:thumbup:

lacychef said:
Sounds like fun; & I bet it's beautiful! I love tulips....first sign of spring:thumbup:
Tulips of every color lining the street - and lots of daffodils too. It is beautiful! There is a Tulip Farm just north of Holland, and it's an incredible experience to go and walk through fields of tulips!eta: Here is a link to Veldheers Tulip Farm, and Tulip Time Festival!http://www.tuliptime.com/veldheers-tulip-farm-deklomp-wooden-shoe-delftware-factory-american-buffalo-herd

Last edited:
When I first started reading this thread, I thought you were talking about Mt. Vernon, WA, because our Tulip Festival starts this Saturday. Then I looked and saw you were in MI.

I was just talking to DH about taking the three boys up their this year, so they can see the fields, and fields and fields of tulips. It is absolutely gorgeous!

1. What town was featured in Rachel Ray's magazine?

The town featured in Rachel Ray's magazine is [insert town name here].

2. How did Rachel Ray's magazine choose which town to feature?

Rachel Ray's magazine chooses towns to feature based on a variety of factors, such as unique local businesses, interesting events, and overall charm and appeal.

3. What types of businesses were mentioned in Rachel Ray's magazine feature?

The businesses mentioned in Rachel Ray's magazine feature vary, but often include local restaurants, specialty shops, and other small businesses that represent the town's character.

4. How can my town be featured in Rachel Ray's magazine?

If you would like your town to be considered for a feature in Rachel Ray's magazine, you can reach out to their editorial team and share information about your town's unique qualities and businesses.

5. Does Rachel Ray's magazine offer any promotional opportunities for featured towns?

Yes, Rachel Ray's magazine offers promotional opportunities for featured towns, such as social media shoutouts and links to featured businesses' websites or social media accounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenniferknapp
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jenniferknapp
Replies
Views
buckeyefan08
  • erinyourpclady
  • General Chat
Replies