• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disappointed in My New Cranberry Oven Mitt

with the softer grip would be too slippery.I haven't tried mine yet but I had this problem with my old one. I rarely use it and am hoping to like this one better.
pcheframsey
I just got my sell-a-thon box (YIPPEE!!!!) and sat down and went through everything in it. I love everything except the new cranberry oven mitt. It doesn't fit very well and is awkward for me to use. I am so disappointed in it! I was so excited about getting it since I love my white ones. Has anyone else had the same problem with it? Do I just have very odd shaped hands so that it doesn't fit me? It feels like it is just to big in the fingers part, too long and wide. Ugh! I am soooo disappointed!:(

My vegetable peeler doesn't work that well. Half the time it wasn't getting the skin off of the potato..I was going back and forth with the "older style" and the older one works so much better. I just got off the phone with ho and they are sending me a new one. Hopefully it was just me. Does anyone else have a problem with theirs??

nikkijo said:
My vegetable peeler doesn't work that well. Half the time it wasn't getting the skin off of the potato..I was going back and forth with the "older style" and the older one works so much better. I just got off the phone with ho and they are sending me a new one. Hopefully it was just me. Does anyone else have a problem with theirs??

I haven't tried mine yet but I had this problem with my old one. I rarely use it and am hoping to like this one better.

I loved the oven mitt though! It fit me better than the silicone one and I liked that it went further up my arm. I will have to get use to the size though b/c it is so much bigger than the ones you get at Walmart.

nikkijo said:

HATE the NEW one....I have been using the old style one for ummmm nevermind.....:eek: ( a lot of years;) )
I was afraid they were gonna mess it up, if it aint broke dont fix it!!!!:rolleyes:
I'm in the process of making a list of all the GREAT products they changed so I can stock up on them.:cool:
But NO problem here with the Mitt....so far

I don't like the new Mitt either, to me it was too long and wide in the fingers and it doesn't feel as "heavy" as my OLD old one.

Haven't got my tools out to try yet.

But :mad: my Large Round Platter arrived shattered today, so I've had to email and adjustment and now am waiting for # from HO so then I can call Fedex to pick it up, what a PIB, I don't like having to do 2 things to get one return done.

They should have packaged it much better, usually SA is packaged like it could survive a trip to the moon, well this could have broke in your kit the way it's packed, IMHO.

Also, :( I was missing 2 things.

Lisa

Yeah, I too thought the oven mitt fit a little weird, but I don't care. Just glad to have it back!! I don't even use the silicone one. It's going in the yardsale stuff!! Haven't tried anything else yet.

Ginger428 said:
HATE the NEW one....I have been using the old style one for ummmm nevermind.....:eek: ( a lot of years;) )
I was afraid they were gonna mess it up, if it aint broke dont fix it!!!!:rolleyes:
I'm in the process of making a list of all the GREAT products they changed so I can stock up on them.:cool:
But NO problem here with the Mitt....so far

Call and complaine about the new one as well! If the new one they send me is just as bad I'm stocking up on the old style. That was my first thought actually was to stock up on them....how long to peelers usualy last? I was thinking of ordering about 4 of them.

I also have to get a new liliac microfiber towel...mine has so many threads loose on it...it's all on one diagnal path so something must have run across it and snagged it. I don't feel like calling again tonght so I think that I will wait until tomorrow.

After trying different brands of "ergo soft grip" veggie peelers - I have never liked them. I went back to the PC original metal one and love it...I was afraid that the new one wouldn't work as well...

I'm concerned that the many restyled products have handles that won't last as long. I've had my vege peeler for at least 15 years. Metal doesn't break and won't crack when put in the dishwasher several time. Maybe that's why it was changed--so it would have to be replaced more often. After all, if you make something that lasts forever, your sales of those replacement products aren't as much.

nikkijo said:
I also have to get a new liliac microfiber towel...mine has so many threads loose on it...it's all on one diagnal path so something must have run across it and snagged it. I don't feel like calling again tonght so I think that I will wait until tomorrow.
I don't like those microfiber towels at all. I guess my hands are too rough for them because they always catch. My husband hates them.

nikkijo said:
Call and complaine about the new one as well! If the new one they send me is just as bad I'm stocking up on the old style. That was my first thought actually was to stock up on them....how long to peelers usualy last? I was thinking of ordering about 4 of them.

I use mine everyday, but when I was cooking professionaly I would really put it to the test & it would last ( as long as I hid it from the guys) up to a year!

Ginger - Are you a professional chef??

JackieBozeman said:
I don't like those microfiber towels at all. I guess my hands are too rough for them because they always catch. My husband hates them.

I know that a lot of people don't like them because they hate to try and seperate the laundry and not use fabric softener with them...

JackieBozeman said:
I feel the catchyness on my hands too but I like how well they absorb! 2 cups of water I heard somewhere( I Think Tom Marshton's book of tips). I want the new colors!

Micro-fiber towels..tip from GrandmaTNT,

If you do wash yours with Fabric Softener, lets face it sometimes it just happens, but if you do it repeatly, you'll notice it doesn't absorb as well, well you can soak it in vinegar and water and it'll bring the Fabric Softener out of it.

Really does work!!

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
TNT,

If you do wash yours with Fabric Softener, lets face it sometimes it just happens, but if you do it repeatly, you'll notice it doesn't absorb as well, well you can soak it in vinegar and water and it'll bring the Fabric Softener out of it.

Really does work!!

Lisa

I've heard that before!! I haven't personally used them yet, but I wouldn't seperate them from the rest of my laundry since I don't do anything else w/o fabric softener.. so I would probably be doing this a lot! I can't wait to try them...I gotta grab the cran and eggplant them before they go out, and then maybe the new ones too! ;)

I like leaving a microfiber towel in my glovebox of my car for dusting it when I'm in the carwash.

I wash them with the rest of the towels and just try to remember to grab them and hang them up before I put the rest of the towels in the dryer.

I use the fabric softener sheets in the dryer, mainly for static control. How does your laundry not get staticy without the sheets?? I am horrible about pulling the MF towels out and they hardly pick up anything anymore. Thanks for the vinegar tip, I will give them a soak this weekend!

nikkijo said:

I used mine today and was underimpressed. I found it awkward and did not peel well. I have to say, I don't like the old one either...it works great, but the handle can get uncomfortable if doing a lot of peeling. I do like my OXO the best (sorry PC):) :)

pcleah said:
I used mine today and was underimpressed. I found it awkward and did not peel well. I have to say, I don't like the old one either...it works great, but the handle can get uncomfortable if doing a lot of peeling. I do like my OXO the best (sorry PC):) :)

We have to let pc know how much we do not like the new peeler, hopefully they can change it or something fast if we let them know right away. I would hate for someone who normally doesn't buy pc to come to a show, buy this and then hate it and never want to purchase pc products again.

The tomato knife is really neat. It feels much more substantial in my hands than it looked in the pictures. Also, has anyone noticed there aren't recipes on many of the product use and care. I always tell people about the great recipes that come with most products....but there aren't any with the tomato knife, vege peeler, adjustable spoon, Core & more, or the kitchen shears. I only earned level 1 and the only product that came with a recipe was the trifle bowl(and it's not even a new one). How about the rest of the new products, do they have recipes? This really bums me out.... It is just one thing that stands out about PC is the recipes and now people aren't getting them....

I'm not to crazy about the Oven Mit either. It's really nice....but way too big for me! I didn't think my hands were so terribly small but this mit is huge! I feel like I would drop whatever I picked-up.

I earned Level 2 & the Trifle Bowl and so far that's the only think I'm a little dissappointed in. I still think that the salad scissors are weird, but maybe I'll figure them out.

Oven MittWell, my husband likes it. It fits his big ole hands perfectly. My fingers and thumb are about two inches or so from the end.

Did anyone get the Grilling Planks? I'd really like to see what someone thinks of them. They seem rather expensive for a disposable product.

But then again, that's what I thought of the tiles napkins too...

Lisa/ChefBear said:
TNT,

Really does work!!

Lisa

One of the few laundry rules around here is no softener in with the towels. None of the towels. I know some complain they come out hard, but it doesn't seem to be a problem here. Plus then they absorb the water so much better than with the fabric softener.

jenniferlynne said:
Well, my husband likes it. It fits his big ole hands perfectly. My fingers and thumb are about two inches or so from the end.

My DH likes it too. :)

supergirljennie said:
Did anyone get the Grilling Planks? I'd really like to see what someone thinks of them. They seem rather expensive for a disposable product.

But then again, that's what I thought of the tiles napkins too...

I had to giggle when I saw the grilling planks. I have bought untreated cedar (you have to be careful and get untreated) at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. Cheap and they last more than once if you are careful.

JackieBozeman said:

Oh wow - we ADORE The microfibers - I have like 3 in every color - LOL

I'm psyched the oven mitt is back. I'm sure after you wash it a few times it will be more broken in and you'll feel the love. :)

Off the mittand onto the new adjustable spoon. HATE IT!

Robin

oh no!! I was excited about that...esp since liquids seep(sp?) through our current adjustables...I decided to wait to order any samples until I see everything for myself!! Well, maybe I will order the steak knife set ;)

priscilla said:
and onto the new adjustable spoon. HATE IT!

Robin

I thought they were cute! What don't you like about them?

jenniferlynne said:
I thought they were cute! What don't you like about them?

It no longer fits into spice containers, too hard to distinguish the 1/8 tsp line from the whole 1/4 tsp divot, 1/2 tsp mark barely creates a place to put the ingredient, hard to be sure you have the mark at the correct location for the required volume...

I never had a problem with liquids in the old one. I just put a little pressure on the grey slider and never had an issue. This is the only thing I am bummed about so far.

Robin

I'm not crazy about the spoon either. I never had a problem with the other ones, and the new one leaked a little tonight.

Mostly I have the same issues as you, Robin.

heat123 said:
I feel the catchyness on my hands too but I like how well they absorb! 2 cups of water I heard somewhere( I Think Tom Marshton's book of tips). I want the new colors!

Tom Marston has a book of tips?!?!? WHERE?:eek:

The new black tool turn-aboutI am SOO happy that the new one fits in the show-to-go bag! I was afraid it would not fit. It doen't seem that much bigger than the old one, but the bottom turns SO much better. What does everybody think of the SA dots bowl? It is kinda cute.:D

I am SOO happy that the new tool turn-about fits in the show-to-go bag! I was afraid it would not fit. It doen't seem that much bigger than the old one, but the bottom turns SO much better. What does everybody think of the SA dots bowl? It is kinda cute.:D

priscilla said:
and onto the new adjustable spoon. HATE IT!

Robin

Mine doesn't measure correctly :eek: The directions say to fill to the top but if you use a regular measuring spoon it doesn't fill it to the top!

nikkijo said:
Mine doesn't measure correctly :eek: The directions say to fill to the top but if you use a regular measuring spoon it doesn't fill it to the top!

Oh my!! You ladies better report to HO....

I've never liked ANY of our measuring spoons....I'm about to throw them all away and go back to my OXO ones. Why can't PC have some nice heavy duty metal spoons? I don't get the plastic craze....not only that, but the current ones we have do leak liquids all of the time. This new one (got level 1) is just weird! I agree - the measurements are hard to distinguish! I'm just not impressed.....:(

sillylittlechef said:
Also, has anyone noticed there aren't recipes on many of the product use and care. I always tell people about the great recipes that come with most products....but there aren't any .....This really bums me out.... It is just one thing that stands out about PC is the recipes and now people aren't getting them....

I noticed that too. I earned Leve One. I love that they all had recipes and I think that got people to read the use and care more. Maybe this is just hapenning with SAT products. I think I will email HO a complaint about this one.

SusanBP0129 said:
Ginger - Are you a professional chef??

I used to be...Not a chef like you see on TV, but alot of the food I made was home style Beef Stew,Goulash,Chicken Pot Pie also Quiches,Pies,Roasts,Soups,Salads etc...& I was self taught. :cool:

sillylittlechef said:
.............. Also, has anyone noticed there aren't recipes on many of the product use and care. I always tell people about the great recipes that come with most products......
Oh No! I just piled all of mine while I was unpacking so I could go back and read the recipes later!! That's dissappointing! :(

Ginger428 said:
I used to be...Not a chef like you see on TV, but alot of the food I made was home style Beef Stew,Goulash,Chicken Pot Pie also Quiches,Pies,Roasts,Soups,Salads etc...& I was self taught. :cool:

Cool! Did you work in a restaurant?

New measuring cup: My DS (18 years old) pulled it out of the box FIRST (that's what took his attention) and immmediately tested it. He liked it.

I haven't had a chance to play yet - just looked it over - but today is play day!

I don't think the new oven mitt feels any different then the old ones, but then again I didn't like the old ones much! Even though I should use them because I'm always burning myself - not on my hands, but my arms!!! I love the silicone hot pad trivets, I use them all the time.

I agree w/the measuring spoon - I put this in another thread. I just can't see myself using the spoon, but I think I would really like the cup one. The measuring spoon is too big!! I like the old one because you can spoon it into your spice jars!

I like the triffle bowl since it is flat on the bottom and sides; however, when my daughter saw it she said, "Your other one is prettier." Which I only paid $6 for at Hobby Lobby. I keep it inside my china cabinet and it does look a lot prettier. The PC one is just more practical which a lot of people will probably like more.

I'm with a lot of you, the micro fiber towels drive me crazy because they stick to my hands. I love the old kitchen towels they are discontinuing! I wish they would have offered wash towels to match.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• weeziegirlca
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • pcsharon1
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • christy_c