• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

BBQ Mitts for Indoor Use: Reviews & Questions

In summary, the older, cream colored Pampered Chef oven mitts are not as "flexible" or "bendable" as the newer cranberry mitt, but they are larger and have been used for 16 years. The black or grey BBQ Mitts are larger, stiffer, and have been used for the BBQ. The white ones can be washed, but might get "ugly" in the process.
weeziegirlca
I had a set of the older, cream coloured Pampered Chef oven mitts and my husband used them the SAME day I got them to cook over the camp fire! One he managed to catch on fire and it had to be thrown away, and the other is so black and scorched that I'm ashamed to use it in front of company. I also don't particularily like the colour of the newer cranberry mitt but love a black or grey set.

So...I am contemplating buying 2 of the BBQ Mitts to use inside as regular oven mitts but have never seen them in person. Are they HUGE? I don't mind if they're larger than a traditional oven mitt, but I do want to be able to store them in a drawer at least! LOL How high on the arm do they go? Has anyone else done this and used them for indoor use? Anyone have these mitts and (even if you use them indoors or outdoors) what do you think of them? Do you like them?

Thanks!

Anyone? I am really interested in getting some, but won't use them for the BBQ.

DH loves them - for the BBQ. They are really nice, but I don't know if I would use them indoors.

They are not as "flexible" or "bendable" as our regular oven mitt (if that makes any sense). I think the material on the BBQ mitt is stiffer in nature.

Maybe someone else has used it indoors and can tell you. Personally, I don't know that I would use them indoors. Again, JMO.

They are larger, and not as flexible. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them for when we are camping, and grilling over an open fire. We can even use them to move wood around in the campfire w/o fear of being burned.

However, I don't think I would ever use them for regular cooking indoors. The oven mitts that we have now work wonderfully for that though!

I agree with the others. A bit stiffer for outdoors and withstanding the heat more.
In a pinch, you COULD use them indoors, but I wouldn't. Have you tried washing your white ones?? Mine get pretty ugly, and they wash up just fine....not so sure about "scorched", but maybe wash them, and see. What's the worse that can happen? I'd try that and then get DH the BBQ mitt for outside use! Tell him to keep his paws off of yours ;)

After 16 years I finally had to throw my cream colored one away. the batting between the thumb and forefinger finally wore away. I think 16 years is a pretty long and dutiful life for an oven mitt!!

I actually wish PC made a smaller (normal size) oven mit in black. Black is best to hide dirt. I've had a black pair for many years (unknown brand) and I can wash them, but they are starting to wear out. They are nice & thick, but not tooooo thick, and they washed very well. Can we request that certain products be made anywhere?

Thank you for sharing your experience with the older Pampered Chef oven mitts. We apologize for any inconvenience that may have caused you. Our BBQ mitts are designed for both indoor and outdoor use, and we understand your concern about the size and storage. The BBQ mitts are slightly larger than traditional oven mitts, but they can still fit in a standard-sized drawer. They also have a loop for hanging, so you can easily store them in your kitchen. The mitts go up to the forearm for added protection.Many of our customers have used the BBQ mitts for indoor cooking and have been satisfied with their performance. They are made with high-quality materials and are heat-resistant, making them perfect for handling hot dishes and pans. We also offer a variety of colors, including black and grey, so you can choose the one that suits your preference.We hope this information helps you make an informed decision. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We value your feedback and strive to provide the best products for our customers. Thank you for considering our BBQ Mitts for indoor use.Best regards,Pampered Chef Consultant

1. What materials are the BBQ Mitts for Indoor Use made of?

The BBQ Mitts for Indoor Use are made of heat-resistant silicone and have a soft, comfortable lining for added protection.

2. Can these BBQ Mitts be used for outdoor grilling as well?

While these mitts are specifically designed for indoor use, they can also be used for outdoor grilling as long as they are not exposed to direct flames or extreme heat.

3. Are these BBQ Mitts one size fits all?

Yes, the BBQ Mitts for Indoor Use are designed to fit most hand sizes comfortably.

4. How do I clean these BBQ Mitts?

The BBQ Mitts can be easily cleaned by wiping them with a damp cloth or hand washing them with mild soap and warm water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or putting them in the dishwasher.

5. Can these BBQ Mitts withstand high temperatures?

Yes, these mitts are heat-resistant up to 450°F, making them suitable for handling hot pots and pans, as well as most indoor grilling and baking tasks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • adriennegskitchen
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • kcmckay