• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Container to Use for Salsa Storage? Questions Answered

In summary, the best type of container to use for storing salsa is a glass container with an airtight lid. Plastic containers are not recommended as they can affect the taste and freshness of the salsa. Salsa can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days, and in the freezer for up to 6 months using a freezer-safe container with room for expansion. Jars are a good option for storage as they prevent air from getting in.
Jillmami
So this is probably a really dumb question, but what container do you use to store salsas in? My SS black lids reek of onion, the whilte bowls do too when I have used them. Just my strong onions?? :yuck:

Thanks!!

I use the prep bowls (size depends on the amount left over of course). Or if I'm making it ahead I have put it in a dots bowl with plastic wrap.

...or use a non-PC container that you don't care about. ;)

There are a few different options for storing salsas. Some people like to use glass mason jars with airtight lids, as they are easy to clean and can help keep the salsa fresh. You can also use plastic or glass containers with airtight lids, as long as they are food-safe and don't have any strong odors. It's also a good idea to label the container with the date the salsa was made, so you know when it should be used by. Ultimately, it's a personal preference, so if you find that your current containers are giving off a strong onion smell, you may want to try a different type of container.

Related to What Container to Use for Salsa Storage? Questions Answered

What is the best type of container to use for storing salsa?

The best type of container to use for storing salsa is a glass container with an airtight lid. This will keep the salsa fresh and prevent any air from getting in.

Can I use a plastic container for storing salsa?

While it is possible to use a plastic container for storing salsa, it is not recommended. Plastic can affect the taste of the salsa and may not keep it as fresh as a glass container.

How long can salsa be stored in the refrigerator?

Salsa can typically be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days. After this time, it is best to discard any leftovers.

Should I use a jar or a bowl for storing salsa?

Both jars and bowls can be used for storing salsa, but a jar may be a better option as it will keep the salsa sealed and prevent air from getting in.

Can salsa be stored in the freezer?

Yes, salsa can be stored in the freezer for up to 6 months. It is best to use a freezer-safe container and leave some room at the top for expansion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mom4angela
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • aPamperedBride
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cookingwithdawn
  • grgann