• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions About Making Salsa in the Mp

In summary, the manual processor recipe calls for adding all the ingredients and starting to chop. The bowl is too small for the recipe to be completed in one go. It is best to add the ingredients one at a time, chop, and add more when the bowl is full.
NewtoMom
Ok. This is probably a stupid question. But making salsa in the manual processor according to the recipe, are you finding that the bowl is too small? By the time I'm ready to add the last of my cherry tomatoes, there is barely any room for it to chop. I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. It's not like this recipe is rocket science. :D

Are you adding all the ingredients and then starting, or adding the first, chopping, adding more, chopping, etc.? I do find that it gets full fast, but I also start with the densest ingredients (onions) chop those first, then add tomatoes, chop some more, and so forth.

I find that it's best to do the last bit of tomatoes by themselves. I'll dumped out the first round into the serving bowl and then process the rest.

Thanks
I think I'm adding onions and jalepeno, chop, then add the cilantro, garlic and lemon juice, chop then adding 1/2 tomatoes, chop and then it's really to full to actually chop the rest of the tomatoes. I did dump and then chop the rest. I'm making for a show this Friday and I don't want to fumble. So maybe I'll chop everything except for the tomatoes together, dump and then chop tomatoes.

NewtoMom said:
Thanks
I think I'm adding onions and jalepeno, chop, then add the cilantro, garlic and lemon juice, chop then adding 1/2 tomatoes, chop and then it's really to full to actually chop the rest of the tomatoes. I did dump and then chop the rest. I'm making for a show this Friday and I don't want to fumble. So maybe I'll chop everything except for the tomatoes together, dump and then chop tomatoes.

I do the jalepeno, garlic and cilantro together to make it really fine then throw the onion in. You could probably throw the onion in to start but I like slightly bigger chunks of onion in mine. Then half the tomatoes, dump out the whole thing and process the rest of the tomatoes.

I process it in small portions, dump in between and then stir when I'm all done. :)

I usually do the peppers, onions, cilantro in one step. Dump in a small batter bowl. Do the tomatoes, add the lime juice, salt, etc. combine in the bowl with the pepper mix. Otherwise, it just gets too bogged down.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm def going to split it up. I don't want to be fumbling around when trying to sell it...lol.

What ingredients do I need to make salsa in the Mp?

You will need fresh tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, lime juice, salt, and any additional spices or ingredients you prefer.

Can I use canned tomatoes for salsa in the Mp?

Yes, you can use canned tomatoes if you do not have access to fresh ones. However, the taste and texture may be slightly different.

Do I need to chop all the ingredients before putting them in the Mp?

Yes, you will need to chop the ingredients into small pieces before putting them in the Mp. This will ensure that the salsa is well-mixed and evenly flavored.

How long does it take to make salsa in the Mp?

The actual cooking time may vary depending on the recipe, but on average, it takes about 10-15 minutes to prepare and cook salsa in the Mp.

Can I adjust the heat level of the salsa in the Mp?

Yes, you can adjust the heat level by adding more or less jalapeno peppers, or by leaving out the seeds and veins which contain the most heat. You can also add other ingredients such as bell peppers or mango to tone down the spiciness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • BlessedWifeMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • PamperedSD