• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pineapple Pass-Around-Salsa - Help With First Show

In summary, In this conversation, the author is making a chicken fajita party appetizer and has some questions. They use a batter bowl to pass it around and have some tips for those making it at home. They use either plum tomatoes or grape tomatoes and use a Pampered Chef chopper to chop them.
PamperedSD
I am making this for my first show and have a few questions. :confused:

I only have a batter bowl and was wondering if it would be too heavy to pass around the room?? Also - do I put everything into the bowl but the lime and pineapple, and then add that when it comes back to me and then serve?

I'm making this with the chicken fajitas in the grill pan (micro is too small to use). I thought I could pass it around while the chicken cooks. Any tips are very much appreciated! Thanks!! :chef:

I would start with the peppers and onions, so that you can get them small enough and then add the rest of the ingredients and pass it around again! That's what I do... unless you have a really big group, then you might just intercept it and add and then send it on it's way where it left off. Word to the wise, take out the seeds and membranes of the jalapeno, I used to take a vote about leaving them in or not and I've had a couple groups say to leave them in and then it's too hot for any of them to eat, so I'd just take them out and tell them that if they want when they make it at home and like it hotter, they can leave them in... Also, for my group when I made this, we all decided that we didn't care for the red onion, I'd use a sweeter onion, like a Vidalia, the red is such a strong flavor. I would think the batter bowl would just fine if that's all you have. They can either set it on the table or hold it in their laps. Good Luck!

I just throw it all in there at once and chop away.

Thanks for the tips! Do you use the plum tomatoes or grape? I've seen people list both so I wasn't sure which was better.

I think whichever you get is fine, I don't think there is a huge difference in them...

I try to use plum when I can - I just chunk them up. If you use grape tomatoes, be careful as they tend to squirt.

1. How do I make the Pineapple Pass-Around-Salsa?

To make the Pineapple Pass-Around-Salsa, you will need to combine diced pineapple, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, and salt in a bowl. Mix all the ingredients together and let it chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.

2. Can I make the Pineapple Pass-Around-Salsa ahead of time?

Yes, you can definitely make the Pineapple Pass-Around-Salsa ahead of time. In fact, it is recommended to let it chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.

3. Is this recipe gluten-free?

Yes, this recipe is gluten-free. All the ingredients used in the Pineapple Pass-Around-Salsa are naturally gluten-free. However, please make sure to double-check the ingredients you use, just to be safe.

4. Can I substitute any ingredients in this recipe?

Absolutely! Feel free to substitute any ingredients in the Pineapple Pass-Around-Salsa to suit your taste preferences. For example, you can use mango instead of pineapple, or add in some diced avocado for extra creaminess.

5. What can I serve with the Pineapple Pass-Around-Salsa?

The Pineapple Pass-Around-Salsa is a versatile dish that can be served with a variety of foods. Some popular options include tortilla chips, grilled chicken or fish, or even as a topping for tacos or salads. Get creative and try it with different dishes to find your favorite pairing!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BlessedWifeMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
Replies
Views
otisbg
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD