• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About the Creamy One-Pot Pasta

I am doubling the recipe for my show tomorrow night and in summary, when doubling the recipe, it is recommended to use 10 1/2 cups of chicken broth. Sundried tomatoes can be substituted with a mix of grape/cherry tomatoes. The type of pot used (Executive stockpot) should not make a difference in the cooking of the dish. Fresh basil can be used, but it is not necessary for the taste. Romano cheese can be substituted for Parmesan cheese.
MissChef
Gold Member
I am doubling the recipe tomorrow night for my show, and I read that we cook it in the Chicken broth and obviously the broth doesn't need to be drained, because it's what plumps the pasta and what not.... but if I'm doubling do I really have to use 10 1/2 cups of chicken broth???:confused: That just really seems like a lot of broth.
Anyway, has anyone doubled it and how much broth did you use? Also, I bought one jar of marinated sundried tomatoes, but to double it I obviously would need 2, but they are so dang expensive, ($5.59 a jar, on sale) They are normally like $6.59:eek: :grumpy:
I was reading in the theme show guide that you can use grape/cherry tomatoes instead, do you think a mix of both would be okay?
One more question..... I'm using the Executive stockpot, you don't think that would make a difference in the cooking of it, do you? I'm pretty sure the answer is no... but I'm second guessing myself a lot because I've never done it for a demo before and I want it to be good.
Please advise and TIA!!!;)

I have doubled this recipe for at least 4 different shows. When I double the recipe I do use 10 cups of broth, but I also use two full blocks of cream cheese instead of one.

I use 2 things of sundried tomatoes. They are expensive, but they are sooo good!! I found them for $4 a jar the other day and bought 4 of them! The next time I am going to try using one thing of sundried tomatoes in oil and 1/2 of a bag of sundried tomatoes. The bags are cheaper, but I think it really is important to have the oil to cook the garlic in. So, I hope the mixing of the two still is flavorful, but less expensive. Hope this helps. I LOVE this recipe and so do my customers. Have a good evening.

Thanks Katie! I will use all of the broth and the extra cream cheese. I do have some extra dried sundried tomatoes and the one jar, that is a really good idea! Thanks! I'm getting really excited about this recipe.

One more question!! Do you use the fresh Basil? I bought the Parmesan cheese, but not the fresh basil, does it make that much of a difference to the taste, and what about adding some dried basil?? I was thinking about going to Walmart tomorrow and if I have more than one reason to go, then it's worth it for the gas! There food prices are always less expensive, and I might be able to get more jars of sundried tomatoes and fresh basil for a much better price! Hmmmm..... I need to think about this one!

I usually forget the basil, and it's still good.Take a block of fresh Parmesan, though, and the Microplane. Letting people top their own serving with cheese is always a hit.

Oh! I forgot to use the basil last night!!
I noticed that Romano is 1/2 the price of Parm...anyone know anything about the taste difference?

Carolyn...that is usually what I buy (since it's cheaper) and substitute all the time. Never noticed a difference....

I tried to find romano the other day at the store and couldn't... now I'm really bummed since it would have been cheaper. Although, now I know I can put parm in the recipe instead of buying even more cheese!

MissChef said:
I am doubling the recipe tomorrow night for my show, and I read that we cook it in the Chicken broth and obviously the broth doesn't need to be drained, because it's what plumps the pasta and what not.... but if I'm doubling do I really have to use 10 1/2 cups of chicken broth???:confused: That just really seems like a lot of broth.
Anyway, has anyone doubled it and how much broth did you use? Also, I bought one jar of marinated sundried tomatoes, but to double it I obviously would need 2, but they are so dang expensive, ($5.59 a jar, on sale) They are normally like $6.59:eek: :grumpy:
I was reading in the theme show guide that you can use grape/cherry tomatoes instead, do you think a mix of both would be okay?
One more question..... I'm using the Executive stockpot, you don't think that would make a difference in the cooking of it, do you? I'm pretty sure the answer is no... but I'm second guessing myself a lot because I've never done it for a demo before and I want it to be good.
Please advise and TIA!!!;)

I made this tonight and LOVED it! DH didn't wanna try it, but went back for seconds with a grin on his fluffy little face! :)

So- I would use half stock and maybe break out the old chicken base or chicken bullion cubes and make the remaining 5 cups out of that, it'll save you about $4-5.00.

Also, I think one jar of the tomatoes is plenty for doubling the recipe, but that's just me. If you cut them in super thin slices, they'll go further... I would totally add two full blocks of the cream cheese! YUMM-O!!!

I made mine in a LARGE stainless stockpot (All-Clad) (shh- settle down, I know it's not PC, but I don't yet own a large PC pot) and it turned out great! I even added 3 sliced and cooked chicken breasts! YUMMY!!!!!

Stock up on stock (no pun intended) when it's on sale. I buy a bunch of the store brand when it's on sale for 50 cents a can. So even a double batch is only $3 in broth.

katie0128 said:
I tried to find romano the other day at the store and couldn't... now I'm really bummed since it would have been cheaper. Although, now I know I can put parm in the recipe instead of buying even more cheese!

Romano is made from sheeps milk and parmesan from cow's milk so I believe romano is a little sharper in taste- also romano is not aged as long as parmesan is... here's a little blurb I found online:

The difference between Romano and another famous Italian hard cheese, Parmesan, is that Parmesan is made from skim cow’s milk and, consequently, relies on the breakdown of protein (casein) to produce its unique flavor. Romano, on the other hand, is made from whole milk and relies on the breakdown of both protein and milk-fat to develop its flavor. It is the breakdown of the milk-fat by the lipase enzyme that gives Romano its distinctive lipolytic flavor note.

Aren't you in bed yet?

katie0128 said:
Aren't you in bed yet?

Um, yes... I am sleep walking and I can type in the dark!

chefann said:
I usually forget the basil, and it's still good.

Take a block of fresh Parmesan, though, and the Microplane. Letting people top their own serving with cheese is always a hit.

I totally forgot it and loved it anyway. I'm not a real fresh basil fan...but dill and cilantro- now those are really awesom...wait- I don't like those either. Sorry:rolleyes:

katie0128 said:
Aren't you in bed yet?

look at my mood thingy- it says I'm asleep so I must be! :)

Cathy, for the tomatoes you can use a pack of cherry ones too, instead of the sundried....they're cheaper. I can't find the sundried in the oil anywhere around here, but the cherry ones taste just fine!

lacychef said:
Cathy, for the tomatoes you can use a pack of cherry ones too, instead of the sundried....they're cheaper. I can't find the sundried in the oil anywhere around here, but the cherry ones taste just fine!

Thanks Lacy..... I did find a good place to buy the sundried tomatoes! Costco!!! And they are really not expensive there. I got them for under $8.00 and I can get about 4 shows out of one bottle, if they are single batches.
I really like the taste of the sundried tomatoes, and I love doing the garlic in the oil. So check out your local Costco and see if you can find them there, they are in the isle with the pasta.;)

I have a bag of dry-pack sundried tomatoes from Costco. I've made several batches from it already, and still have some left. The only potential issue is that there's no flavored oil i which to sautée the garlic. But that's not a huge issue.

chefann said:
I have a bag of dry-pack sundried tomatoes from Costco. I've made several batches from it already, and still have some left. The only potential issue is that there's no flavored oil i which to sautée the garlic. But that's not a huge issue.

Another thing is that you can buy both, and stretch out both. You can always add more olive oil, I've done that and now my oil in the sundried jar, looks just like it came! I use the bag too...... Ann you can hydrate them and then add olive oil and make your own marinated sundried tomatoes, then you have the oil!;)

Yep. I find it more bother than it's worth, though, because of having to wipe the extra oil off the tomatoes before using them. (What can I say, I'm lazy.)

chefann said:
Yep. I find it more bother than it's worth, though, because of having to wipe the extra oil off the tomatoes before using them. (What can I say, I'm lazy.)

Too funny! At least you are honest!!!

I need a lazy mood indicator...

Well, you know who to ask!! Greg???? Can she get one?! LOL!:p;)

chefann said:
I need a lazy mood indicator...

I need an "annoyed" mood indicator. The closest I could find today was Angry and I'm not really angry - I am just annoyed. Oh Greg???

Thanks for the Costco tip.....that would be great if I had a "local" one...nearest one is probably 2 hours away! (small town America around here!)

I could not find a jar of the tomatoes however I bought 2 3 oz. packs of sundried tomatoes from wal-mart for $1.99 and put them in a ziploc bowl and just poured olive oil on them and let them sit overnight. Worked great with plenty left to make 2 more batches!!

Don't know if this was discussed but I found the large jar of sundried tomatoes at costco for $7.99. I use a prep bowl and fill up the can strainer and let the oil strain out while we cut the other veggies at my shows. That jar is great because you can make 5+ batches of the pasta. Don't use much more when I double the recipe.

Yeah, I did mention it on the first page, about Costco, isn't it cool?! How inexpensive they are there, oppossed to about $6.00 a jar for a 7-8 oz in the grocery store!!
I love it!:love::thumbup:;):D

What is the Creamy One-Pot Pasta?

The Creamy One-Pot Pasta is a delicious and easy-to-prepare meal that can be made in just one pot. It is a combination of pasta, vegetables, and a creamy sauce, all cooked together for a flavorful and satisfying dish.

What ingredients do I need to make the Creamy One-Pot Pasta?

You will need pasta, vegetables (such as broccoli, mushrooms, or cherry tomatoes), chicken or vegetable broth, cream, and seasonings (such as garlic, salt, and pepper). You can also add protein, such as chicken or shrimp, for a heartier meal.

How long does it take to make the Creamy One-Pot Pasta?

The total cooking time for the Creamy One-Pot Pasta is approximately 20 minutes. This includes prep time and cooking time. It is a quick and convenient meal for busy weeknights.

Can I make substitutions for the ingredients in the Creamy One-Pot Pasta?

Yes, you can make substitutions based on your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free pasta, swap the cream for a non-dairy alternative, or use different types of vegetables. Just keep in mind that the final result may vary slightly.

Do I need any special kitchen tools to make the Creamy One-Pot Pasta?

No, you do not need any special tools to make this dish. A large pot, a stirring utensil, and a cutting board and knife for chopping vegetables are all you need. You can also use a cheese grater for adding cheese as a topping, but it is not necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • minirottie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • Loveh20mi