• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

One Pot Pasta From Sb -- Not Thrilled -- Any Tips?

In summary, Ann mentioned that she found the recipe to be bland, and that she added more liquid to make it more flavorful. She also mentioned that she uses the whole block of cream cheese, and that adding grilled chicken or a different rub makes it even more delicious.
gailz2
Gold Member
I finally made the one pot pasta (creamy) from SB after reading posts that people liked it, but I don't. I wonder if I did something wrong?? I can't seem to find these posts now, but my family wasn't thrilled at all. I did use the sundried tomatoes. Is there some way you doctor it up to make it better??

Use the whole brick of cream cheese. I also add a chopped onion with the garlic. It turns all brown, and then cooks further with the pasta. mmm... If your family's not big on the texture of sun dried tomatoes, add a little of the new Sun Dried Tomato dipping seasoning instead. You'll get the flavor without the texture. Oh- and fresh grated parmesan on top really makes the pasta.

did you use the sun-dried tomatoes in oil? I think that's what it calls for. I have a hard time finding them in oil. Also, when I made it, I added cooked chicken breast. My family loved it! :thumbup:

We love the Asian Pork Noodle Skillet (I think that's what it's called) much better! I guess in my house it's called "Asian Chicken Noodle Skillet" though. I only make it with chicken breast.

I also use the whole brick of cream cheese, and some grilled chicken. I also crush some of garlic - it's more flavorful that way.

I think next time, I'll add onion too - thanks for that tip Ann!

I don't like the sun dried tomatoes in oil so I substitute with Cherry tomatoes or Romas. I increase the chicken broth to 4 cans and add in a whole 8oz of cream cheese (you don't have to use reduced fat either). I also add mushrooms, chicken and one of our rubs. I do this at my shows too and everyone just loves it.

Ooh- I add mushrooms, too. And extra broccoli.

**Slight Hijack**

At my show last night - I had 2 people tell me that they had made the One Pot Pasta already, because it was in their invitation! (I've been using the mini's for invitations!)

Interestingly enough - those are the same 2 people who booked shows! Now, they both want knives and cookware!:):thumbup:

When I made it I used Cherry tomatoes (had them in the fridge and wasn't willing to spend the $ on the sundried ones) and we added chicken.

We did not add extra cheese at the time, but next time I make it I will use a full 8 oz of cream cheese. And parm on top.

This is definitely a "blander" recipe as compared to some of the others that HO has been coming up with - but DH and I tend to like bland food :) so we like this recipe.

I usually add in cooked chicken and the Morroccan Rub (about 2 tbsp, rather than the suggested 1 tbsp). Yum! (also happens to be what we had for dinner tonight)

chefann said:
Ooh- I add mushrooms, too. And extra broccoli.

I do the same thing. Along with the chicken and the whole block of cream cheese. I make this a lot for potluck.

I found it bland as well. I only made it once and used the full block of cream cheese and parm on top. Didn't add onion, mushroom, chicken or broccoli though. Did you have to add more liquid with all those extras? I wonder if that would help make it more flavorful...

Definitely use the whole block of cream cheese. I am making this at all my shows this month and some of our fresh ground peppercorns really spice this up, too.

Oh, another thing I did with the leftovers - I heated up a little half & half and chicken broth, and stirred it into the pasta. That was good, and made it creamy again.

I have used the cheese tortelini with it. Very yummy

I used the Citrus Basil Rub and the guests went bananas! Yes, the whole 8 oz of cream cheese too!

Wow, I'm glad it wasn't just me that thought it was bland. I did have to add more liquid or there wouldn't have been anything to cook the veggies with. I couldn't taste the garlic at all so will add more, along with onions, and some other spices, and chicken. Thanks for all the great ideas. I did use the sundried tomatoes but will try the cherry ones.

gailz2 said:
Wow, I'm glad it wasn't just me that thought it was bland. I did have to add more liquid or there wouldn't have been anything to cook the veggies with.
You don't want it too liquidy. And the veggies cook from the heat, not the moisture. There's still enough in the pot that they steam a bit, unless you overcook the pasta and a lot of the broth boils away.

I was afraid of burning the pasta so did add some water. I'll definitely try this dish again.

What is the best type of pasta to use for one pot pasta?

The best type of pasta to use for one pot pasta is a small shape with a short cooking time, such as penne, rotini, or farfalle.

Can I add vegetables or protein to my one pot pasta?

Yes, you can add vegetables and protein to your one pot pasta. Just make sure to add them in towards the end of the cooking process so they don't overcook.

Why is my one pot pasta turning out mushy?

One possible reason for your one pot pasta turning out mushy could be that you are using too much water. Try using less water and adding more as needed. Also, be sure to stir the pasta frequently while it cooks to prevent it from sticking together.

How can I make my one pot pasta more flavorful?

You can make your one pot pasta more flavorful by using broth instead of water, adding herbs and spices, and using flavorful ingredients such as sun-dried tomatoes, olives, or garlic.

Can I make one pot pasta in advance?

One pot pasta is best when made fresh, but you can make it in advance and reheat it. Just be sure to add a bit of water or broth when reheating to prevent it from drying out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• minirottie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
Replies
Views
heather223
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies