• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Successful Burgandy Pot Roast: Tips & Tricks

In summary, the recipe calls for too much liquid and the edges of the mixture burnt. After scraping that out and adding more tomato sauce it was much better.
byrd1956
Gold Member
Has anyone made the Burgandy Pot Roast successfully? I followed the recipe and before 2 hours were up there was a burnt smell. There was not enought liquid and the edges of the mixture burnt. After scraping that out and adding more tomato sauce it was much better. It seems like there should be more liquid from the start. Any suggestions?

where is this recipe?

It's in the DCB recipe booklet. I've attached it for you or others in case they don't have it.

Attachments

• DeepCoveredBakerRecipes NEW.doc
    48.5 KB · Views: 342
I haven't made this recipe yet, because I can't find a low sodium soup mix and have not figured out an equivalent.Based on my past cooking problems:What temperature was the oven? Higher 350 deg f? (or metric equivalent). Does your oven temperature fluctuate at all? BTW--Does the vegetable soup mix soak up much liquid?

kcjodih said:
It's in the DCB recipe booklet. I've attached it for you or others in case they don't have it.
thanks jodi, I've never seen this! how cool!:cool:

I had the oven @ 350 just because the other recipes on the newsletter I had said to use that temp. All the liquid was gone. I'm thinking I should have used 16 oz. of tomato sauce. I've made the smoked sausage w/vegetables, no-peek chicken and the pork chops & rice and they came out fine. I used that baker every day of the week!

byrd1956 said:
I had the oven @ 350 just because the other recipes on the newsletter I had said to use that temp. All the liquid was gone. I'm thinking I should have used 16 oz. of tomato sauce. I've made the smoked sausage w/vegetables, no-peek chicken and the pork chops & rice and they came out fine. I used that baker every day of the week!

Maybe it's 'just a mystery', one of those quirky things that happen?:yuck:

I will be making this, and check the liquid level after the first hour or so :)

So off topic, but a great recipe for the DCB...place a beef brisket in the DCB and spread prepared mustard over it and 1 pack of onion soup mix. Cover and bake at 200 all day...it turns out juicy and yummy! If you wish, scrape the mustard off the brisket into juices and pour juices into a sauce pan, add 1-2 tbsp of flour and you have a gravy. If your brisket is big enough take 1/2 and uses for sandwiches or another meal.

good ideas for the DDB. I have 2 shows this weekend and I think I will make one of these for the show the hostess left it up to me to pick:yuck: the recipe. I will make it at home and take it with me:p

Related to Successful Burgandy Pot Roast: Tips & Tricks

What is the best type of meat to use for a successful Burgandy Pot Roast?

The best type of meat to use for Burgandy Pot Roast is a tough, flavorful cut such as chuck roast, bottom round roast, or brisket. These cuts are ideal for slow cooking and will result in a tender and flavorful roast.

How long should I cook the Burgandy Pot Roast for?

The recommended cooking time for a Burgandy Pot Roast is 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low in a slow cooker. This will ensure that the meat is cooked through and tender.

Can I use a different type of wine besides burgundy?

While burgundy is the traditional wine used in this recipe, you can use a different type of red wine such as merlot or cabernet sauvignon. Just make sure to use a wine that you enjoy drinking, as the flavor will be imparted into the dish.

Should I sear the meat before adding it to the slow cooker?

Searing the meat before adding it to the slow cooker is not necessary, but it does add an extra depth of flavor to the dish. If you have the time, it is recommended to sear the meat on all sides in a hot skillet before placing it in the slow cooker.

Can I add vegetables to the Burgandy Pot Roast?

Absolutely! Adding vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, and onions to the slow cooker with the pot roast will add extra flavor and make it a complete meal. Just make sure to cut the vegetables into large chunks so they don't overcook.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies