• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Creamy One Pot Pasta Recipe Supposed to be Runny with Cherry Tomatoes?

with or without meat!When did you add the cherry tomatoes? If you add them at the very end with the cream cheese, it shouldn't be too runny. Just heat them, don't cook them forever. That would be my advice. I used sundried and my DH said he wanted this every night! Great recipe! I don't think it is supposed to be like an alfredo. More like a light cream sauce. I thought it was very tasty and my veggie hubby agreed!We didn't like it either...seemed to be "missing" some seasoning or something. We even added chicken to the leftover pasta and it still had little or no
emo812
I just made the one pot pasta with my mom tonight and we had substituted 2 cups of cherry tomatoes for the sundried tomatoes and it was very runny. Is it supposed to have a lot of liquid or do you think the cherry tomatoes made it that way. I'm doing it for a show tomorrow but I went out and got the sundried just in case.

I used cherry tomoatoes, but not that many. Didn't have a problem w/the pasta being runny. In fact I ended up adding more chicken broth.

I used the Sundried Tomatoes and it was just lovely....big hit at my parties...in fact making it tonight!

did you seed the tomatoes ? Use the core and more to scoop the seeds out.

I use Sundried Tomatoes in mine as well and I add mushrooms;)

Am I the only one who didn't like this recipe? I made it and didn't find it creamy enough. Or at least not what I was expecting. I did double the cream cheese too. Guess I was expecting more like fettucini alfredo consistency - mmmm creamy!

I love this recipe, and add grilled chicken to it. I add a little more broth and double the cream cheese... I want to try the chicken satay peanut one- but I can't tell if it needs to be served cold, warm, hot or at room temp...

When did you add the cherry tomatoes? If you add them at the very end with the cream cheese, it shouldn't be too runny. Just heat them, don't cook them forever. That would be my advice. I used sundried and my DH said he wanted this every night! Great recipe! I don't think it is supposed to be like an alfredo. More like a light cream sauce. I thought it was very tasty and my veggie hubby agreed!

We didn't like it either...seemed to be "missing" some seasoning or something. We even added chicken to the leftover pasta and it still had little or no flavor... We didn't use the tomatoes at all. That was probably the difference.

Yea, you need the tomatoes. That is the point of the sundried they just pop the flavor up a notch and then all that garlic. Did you use low sodium chicken broth or add any salt? That would make it seem pretty bland. Hmmm. Ohhh I used the Greek seasoning! Did you try any seasoning like it suggests at the end of the recipe? That makes a huge difference. I almost forgot I did that! Bonk me on the head!

kcjodih said:
Am I the only one who didn't like this recipe? I made it and didn't find it creamy enough. Or at least not what I was expecting. I did double the cream cheese too. Guess I was expecting more like fettucini alfredo consistency - mmmm creamy!

Double the cream cheese (8oz) and you will be good to go!

pcchefjane said:
We didn't like it either...seemed to be "missing" some seasoning or something. We even added chicken to the leftover pasta and it still had little or no flavor... We didn't use the tomatoes at all. That was probably the difference.

Use some Citrus and Basil Rub and you will find that is the seasoning you are missing.

I made this last night for dinner. It definitely needs the sundried tomatoes IMO! There is a no comparison between those and cherry tomatoes. Texture and flavor are completely different. I also add some roasted red pepper. Last night, I didn't use any other seasoning except our new salt & pepper blends. I shaved (the julienne peeler is beautiful for this!) parmesan over the top, and snipped a handful of basil into it. My family loves this recipe - with or without meat!

Oh, I always double the cream cheese-- creamier & yummy!

DessertDivaFL said:
Double the cream cheese (8oz) and you will be good to go!

Thanks but I DID double the cream cheese. Maybe it was just my expectations of something different so I never gave it a chance. Guess I should try again and give it just one more try.

I love this recipe and make all the time. Just wish it was as good the next day, because I take it for my lunch, but the pasta's not so great then.

kcjodih said:
Thanks but I DID double the cream cheese. Maybe it was just my expectations of something different so I never gave it a chance. Guess I should try again and give it just one more try.

Jodi,
Add extra salt & pepper at the end. Also I use ALOT of Parmesean Cheese & fresh Basil at the end as well....HTH ;)

Kitchen Diva said:
I love this recipe, and add grilled chicken to it. I add a little more broth and double the cream cheese... I want to try the chicken satay peanut one- but I can't tell if it needs to be served cold, warm, hot or at room temp...

The Chicken Satay is excellent and can be eaten cold, warm, the next day and is still tasty! :)

Related to Is the Creamy One Pot Pasta Recipe Supposed to be Runny with Cherry Tomatoes?

1. How do I make sure the pasta doesn't stick together?

To prevent the pasta from sticking together, make sure to stir it frequently while it cooks. You can also add a little bit of olive oil to the pot before adding the pasta.

2. Can I use any type of pasta for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of pasta for this recipe. However, it is best to use a short pasta, such as penne or bowtie, as they tend to hold the creamy sauce better.

3. Can I substitute the heavy cream with a lighter option?

Yes, you can substitute the heavy cream with half and half or whole milk for a lighter option. However, the sauce may not be as rich and creamy.

4. Can I add vegetables or protein to this dish?

Absolutely! You can add any vegetables or protein of your choice to this dish. Just make sure to cook them separately before adding them to the pasta.

5. Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this dish ahead of time and reheat it when ready to serve. However, the pasta may absorb some of the sauce, so you may need to add a little more cream when reheating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • bridgetbakes